Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

When is JB finished as president? Is he already finished? Seems a bit odd with him introducing Barrett for a 'scoop' on Boomer playing at Collingwood. I know thats the nature of his media role, but seriously...

Sickening thinking that the word "Collingwood" could be listed alongside his name when he's done. And for what? 20 extra games?.

I said earlier on when the announcement was first made that if he plays on good on him. Seeing him linked with these maggots just doesn't sit well. Like scoobs said, offer him the development role which is an area he said he looks forward to working in.

Sorry to intrude but I think it's good he is playing on, 100% belongs at the level. Who cares about "1 club players". It wouldn't bother me if Nathan Jones or Max Gawn or Jack Watts decide at when we cut them they still have it in them to play for another year

Sorry to intrude but I think it's good he is playing on, 100% belongs at the level. Who cares about "1 club players". It wouldn't bother me if Nathan Jones or Max Gawn or Jack Watts decide at when we cut them they still have it in them to play for another year

Say that when one of them is even close to having the history Boomer does at North. For sure can go on but why, 20 meaningless games at another club?. Even if they get all the blokes there linked to they ain't getting anywhere near GWS, Dogs, Sydney etc. next year.

If it were to a Dogs or GWS or Swans sure the opportunity for a flag would make it easier to see him go around. But not for 20 odd games at that shithole.

They'll all be long retired when they're 38!

Say that when one of them is even close to having the history Boomer does at North. For sure can go on but why, 20 meaningless games at another club?. Even if they get all the blokes there linked to they ain't getting anywhere near GWS, Dogs, Sydney etc. next year.

If it were to a Dogs or GWS or Swans sure the opportunity for a flag would make it easier to see him go around. But not for 20 odd games at that shithole.
May not be meaningless games tho, and may not only be for the one year. He was one of your better players this year for sure.
When is North BnF out of curiosity?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who cares about "1 club players"

He did once.

Melbourne have no equivalent to point to to say what would it be like if x played elsewhere.

Boomer carried this club watching him play on elsewhere as in some sorta last ditch attempt by Buckley to retain his job will not be pleasant.

Being pissed off and not finding it pleasant are two different things.

IMHO him pulling on a Filth jumper effects his legacy.
It effects our clubs legacy not him. It's the clubs fault not his. He should have played 450 at north. You can't delist a guy who's in your top 5 players I don't care if he's 55 years old

didn't know he agreed to play on..... its 50/50 leaning to a no

It effects our clubs legacy not him. It's the clubs fault not his. He should have played 450 at north. You can't delist a guy who's in your top 5 players I don't care if he's 55 years old

Since it was made public about his contract not being renewed, they've banged on about the culture that was left by the guys departing.

Well that's gone should he play on, how could it not be? How could North players line up against him and still hold him in the regard they do now?

That club that it effects is also the club that he's been spoken numerous times amount his son playing at.

in a perfect world boomer would stipulate in his contract that he wouldnt play against north unless finals. Although we would never see that happening. Boomer never misses games

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back