Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

I reakon he's gonna end up at the dogs...
Coops FB cover page has been changed to the Western Braves.

Not that I'm drawing a long bow or anything...

Very hard to see after what they did to Lindsey (being best mates and all).

Its possible though. As I think the reason why wells hasn't announced anything is because he is going to the cats, not the pies, and geelong are in finals prep.

Might also be why boomer hasn't announced anything (if going the dogs).

Is Goldstein one of our onfield leaders, just asking ? :)

As you already know… He won the 2015 B&F in a landslide.. has AA credentials and even though he was banged up mid-season… you'd expect someone who opted to PLAY whilst hurt would be amongst the leadership group but I can never be too sure because they're softly spoken.. saying all the 'cliches' in interviews that lack any personality… so that's our leadership in a nutshell.. cliche driven and nothing more. :straining::straining::straining::straining:

Very hard to see after what they did to Lindsey (being best mates and all).

Its possible though. As I think the reason why wells hasn't announced anything is because he is going to the cats, not the pies, and geelong are in finals prep.

Might also be why boomer hasn't announced anything (if going the dogs).

...so we expect answers to Wells Saturday and Boomer Sunday.

After that...the Brownlow can gagf and so can the GF...might drive to Bathurst.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

boomer in the news again, this time the greenfield post,
North stars threaten class action against club for age discrimination
Tags: AFL

e6828e02eb3a2987198661d9060377a7.jpg

Axed North Melbourne stars Brent Harvey, Nick Dal Santo, Drew Petrie and Michael Firrito are in talks with lawyers over a potential class action lawsuit, the GFP can reveal.

The four players were not offered contracts for the 2017 season due to North’s list profile and their respective ages.

Harvey is 38 and Petrie is 33, while Dal Santo and Firrito are both 32.

“This is as clear cut a case of age discrimination as you’ll ever see,” a spokesman for players told the GFP.

“Well, maybe not in Firrito’s case. He’s no good. But the others, 100% it’s age discrimination.”

A source close to North confirmed the threat of the suit.

“Yeah, that (the lawsuit) sounds like it’s happening,” the source said.

“It will be driven by Boomer I’d say, he wanted to go out on his own terms and he’s bloody fuming.

“Normally we try and remind him that he’s the games record holder and the haters can’t take that away when he gets this angry, but even that isn’t settling him down.”

A current North player who would only talk on the condition of anonymity confirmed that Harvey is furious.

“He wanted another year or a bigger send off than Swanny (Dane Swan, who retired yesterday amid much fanfare),” the player said.

“He doesn’t seem to care about how the other blokes are handling it at all. ‘Stuff them, where are their records?’ he was saying.”

In related news, Brent Harvey will break the AFL games record this weekend.

Rival clubs interested in Brent Harvey but Kangaroos champion yet to decide if he’ll play in 2017

aeb29c89cd377ead6a35da42bde3a64b

JON RALPH, Herald Sun

aeb29c89cd377ead6a35da42bde3a64b

BRENT Harvey has confirmed he has suitors if he decides to play on next year at AFL level.

The 38-year-old was yesterday warned he should “pull the plug” by AFL legend Leigh Matthews but plans to use an upcoming family trip to Disneyland to ponder his future.

He said yesterday he would play at some level next year, intent on playing alongside brother Shane at North Heidelberg if he didn’t continue at AFL level.

Harvey will discuss his future again with manager Shane Casley today but made it clear there are Victorian clubs interested in him.

As a delisted player he could wait until November 27 to decide his future and hopes an overseas trip might solidify his intentions.

“I think if I want to play I could play,’’ he said when asked about the level of interest in him.

“I know people will say this is crap but I honestly don’t know. Do I want to play footy next year? 100 per cent.

“Do I want to do that at another club? I don’t know. That is what I am wrestling with at the minute.

“I am taking the kids to Disneyland for three weeks and I will really get some time to think.

“I actually don’t know when I need to make a decision. My manager Shane Casley will ring me tomorrow.”

The first AFL free agency period runs through October but as a delisted player he has three periods to find a new home starting November 1 and finishing on November 27.

If he declines to play on North Heidelberg will have the most high-profile recruit in its history in the Northern footy league’s second division.

“I will play on, whether it’s at the AFL or it might be local footy,’’ Harvey told ABC Radio.

“My wife knows how much I love my footy and she expects to be going somewhere to watch me play.

“If I don’t stick to the AFL I will play local footy with North Heidelberg which is where my brother plays.

“They lost the Grand Final this year so they might need a bit of help.”

Harvey said with his son starting high school next year he was reluctant to move interstate to play AFL football.

He is likely to only play for a team in premiership calculations, which narrows his options down to Hawthorn, the Western Bulldogs and Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back