Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We have at least 2 years left of the great man. We will have a year of him in the green vest coming on in the 3rd Quarter and putting on his classic shows :)

Let's please just get him to 427 before he has to pull on the vest.

I couldn't stand having dead s*** supporters from other clubs saying the sub got him to the record...

I suppose if Sammy Wright and Lachie can play with Boomer after a public slagging ... (I love the little fella to bits, just this popped up on something and I couldn't resist)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Lingy have a say in this ?
He may well have.

Even though I've "known it", what has made an impact on me recently is seeing - in writing, in the financial report - the objective of "sustained on-field success", and that Geelong are a bit of a model in this regard.

With that in mind, I love seeing the leadership succession planning going on with this kind of move. Keep building leadership capacity, using existing leaders to do it while they're still at the club. From the odd interview around the time that Lingy was captain at Geelong, you got a clear sense of just how much input (senior) players gave, and were expected to give. Expected by the coaches, and also by themselves.

It's a good move. Bit of an age profile issue with the leadership group, it should represent the entire playing group. Something like Swallow, Petrie, Wells, Thompson, Ziebell, Bastinac sounds a bit more balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back