Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His having a great season but you could see why. The absence of Thompson is having an immediate impact on all our players to step up a gear or two and work harder. But credit to boomer. He is a star.

That's why when I say, "Nothing Changes" when Thommo went down. I had faith in our troopers. Boomer just oozes CLASS & professionalism. :thumbsu:
But I'm not willing to crank up his status too high just yet...a few other players are making him a better player also. Remember what Stevo said..

I seriously didn't rate Boomer's work ethic in a match until this year. He is seriously running and working his ass off. Great example he's setting for the rest and with his speed and nouse, is such a dangerous player.

And yeah, he might be racking up a few B/L votes.

I seriously didn't rate Boomer's work ethic in a match until this year. He is seriously running and working his ass off. Great example he's setting for the rest and with his speed and nouse, is such a dangerous player.

And yeah, he might be racking up a few B/L votes.

Its the preseason. Its showing up like i predicted in rounds 1-3

Yes, and by the length of the Nile River. His having a great season but you could see why. The absence of Thompson is having an immediate impact on all our players to step up a gear or two and work harder. But credit to boomer. He is a star.

are you implying that he's been crap up until this season?

are you implying that he's been crap up until this season?

No. Nothing like that. His been great for his whole career but i think his stepped up the notch even more than his other best seasons.

And how could you even mention the word crap while speaking about Boomer!

No. Nothing like that. His been great for his whole career but i think his stepped up the notch even more than his other best seasons.

And how could you even mention the word crap while speaking about Boomer!

you said he was better this season by "the length of the nile" ... the nile is pretty long from memory :rolleyes:

Brent Harvey is a big game player and looks to be on the path to achieve career best form in 2007.

If the umpires still like him 126-1 currently on TAB Sporsbet offers nice value.

Boomer's Highlight Reel.

Kangaroos premiership side 1999
E.J. Whitten Medal (B&F State of Origin) 1999
All-Australian 2000, 2005
International Rules 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005
Kangaroos Best and Fairest (Syd Barker medal) 2003, 2005
Jim Stynes Medal (B&F Intn'l Series) 2003

2001 Brownlow - Finished 6th with 16votes (23votes won)
2003 Brownlow - Finished =16th with 16votes (22votes won)

Brent Harvey is a big game player and looks to be on the path to achieve career best form in 2007.

If the umpires still like him 126-1 currently on TAB Sporsbet offers nice value.

Boomer's Highlight Reel.

Kangaroos premiership side 1999
E.J. Whitten Medal (B&F State of Origin) 1999
All-Australian 2000, 2005
International Rules 2000, 2001, 2003, 2005
Kangaroos Best and Fairest (Syd Barker medal) 2003, 2005
Jim Stynes Medal (B&F Intn'l Series) 2003

2001 Brownlow - Finished 6th with 16votes (23votes won)
2003 Brownlow - Finished =16th with 16votes (22votes won)

These honours have left a few of those media fools drop jawed...the reaction was laughable...either Anthony Hudson has a sluggish memory or
lacks any idea what opposition players have accomplished in thier careers.

Thanx for taking the time to list his achievements Hundini. A fair new North supporters can acknowledge this information. :thumbsu:

He's a big chance to go All Australian again this year.

As long as Carey keeps his comments to himself, I'll be happy. Carey said that Boomer was very lucky to make the 2005 AA team.... I was :mad: !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as Carey keeps his comments to himself, I'll be happy. Carey said that Boomer was very lucky to make the 2005 AA team.... I was :mad: !!

I thought Grant was luckier than Harvey in 2005. Both had great years but I would of put Russell Robertsons year ahead of Grants and they play the same position.

From the AFL site:

Judd to contest eye-gouging charge
2 hours, 24 minutes ago | Back

Exclusive to AFL BigPond Network

News

CHRIS JUDD will contest a one-week ban for eye-gouging at the tribunal after being charged by the AFL's match review panel.

The star midfielder – and current Brownlow Medal favourite – was charged with eye-gouging Hawthorn's Campbell Brown in the fourth quarter of Saturday's match.

Due to his prior record – Judd has been suspended once in the past three years - an early plea would not have reduced his sentence.

Port's Matt Thomas has also been suspended for a week after being charged with engaging in rough conduct against Cat Andrew Mackie during the third quarter of Sunday's match.

Fremantle's Heath Black has been charged with engaging in rough conduct against Saint Andrew McQualter. He can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.

The Crows' Martin Mattner can accept a reprimand and 45 points towards his future record with an early plea after being charged with tripping Blue Luke Blackwell.

Brent Harvey has been charged with striking Simon Godfrey during the first quarter of Sunday's Kangaroos-Demons match. He can accept a reprimand and 60 points towards his future record with an early plea.

The Kangaroos' Corey Jones and Geelong's Mark Blake have been charged with making negligent contact with an umpire. Both can accept a $2400 sanction with an early plea.

The panel also assessed other incidents which were not deemed to require further action. They were:

The panel looked at the match day report laid against Fremantle's Michael Johnson for striking St Kilda's Justin Koschitzke. The panel said Johnson ran back with the flight of the ball to a marking contest. He had his eyes on the ball until he made contact with Koschitzke. Johnson did not swing his arm into the St Kilda player and it was a genuine attempt to spoil the ball.

The match day report against Carlton's Matthew Lappin, who was reported for attempting to trip Adelaide's Jason Torney, was assessed. The panel decided that Lappin's action was not a genuine and realistic attempt to trip.

Contact between Fremantle's Dean Solomon and St Kilda's Sam Gilbert from the first quarter of Friday's match was reviewed. The panel deemed that Solomon took possession of the ball and then attempted to fend Gilbert off. Although contact was high, it was not considered to be a striking action.

The panel looked at contact between Richmond's Will Thursfield and Bomber Alwyn Davey. Thursfield made contact with Davey in the abdominal region in an attempt to shepherd. The contact was judged to be neither unreasonable in the circumstances, nor a striking action.

Contact between Scott Lucas and Richard Tambling from the third quarter was reviewed. It was the view of the panel that Tambling fell into Lucas' hip while the Essendon player gained possession of the ball. The umpire blew the whistle as Lucas gained possession and it was deemed that the Essendon player had no realistic alternative to contest the ball.

Contact between Melbourne's Daniel Bell and the Kangaroos' Andrew Swallow was assessed. Bell's action was considered to be accidental and not a reportable offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back