Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooboy 96 said:
it's the heffernan rule isn't it??? but I am sure that a player can be traded or it would be a restraint of trade...

picture this

Laidley goes to Harvey and says you wont get a game next week, would you like to be traded?

what do you think Harvey would want???

Who knows? Whenever there's a trade deal where a player loses out, the AFLPA kick up a stink and order a change in the rules. A couple of years later, the new rules screws up another player, and the AFLPA kick up another stink.

Imagine the following hypothetical situation. Nathan Brown has a falling out with Terry Wallace over his injury situation and joins Essendon. The Dons give him a one year contract, but halfway through the year, realise that he's back to full fitness and give him a new three year contract. However, as the season ends, Sheedy retires and the Dons poach Wallace. Brown gets caught in the first year of the new contract and can't be traded. He complains to the AFLPA who then kick up a stink over the injustice of the rule - which they themselves set up.

sput1956 said:
I noticed Harvey hinting that he would like the captaincy full time. I don't rate him as a leader and I think it would be a backward step for the club if that happened. When was the last time he won a game off his boot? He is a bit of a down hill skier these days.

Agree completely. However, if as has been mentioned on several other posts, he could become an almost permanent crumbing forward he could be real value.
Fruity Allison wasn,t exactly a crash 'n bash pack buster either.
We should soon have the midfield to allow this to happen.

Comebackmick said:
Agree completely. However, if as has been mentioned on several other posts, he could become an almost permanent crumbing forward he could be real value.
Fruity Allison wasn,t exactly a crash 'n bash pack buster either.
We should soon have the midfield to allow this to happen.

he does not seem happy to be the bloke to put the club before him playing in the guts...

I know I really shouldn't ask this, but,...........source?

If this is true, this could really hinder his whole H&A season.

bee dee's been saying that harvey's been carrying an injury for a while now. His strike rate isn't brilliant but he does get some right.

Understand is out of Nab cup and likely to miss early rds as well with bad stress fractures

hope your wrong, if he does have them, atleast he dusnt carry the weight that Tom Hawkins does, who has the same thing wrong with him, practicaly

If he had stress factures the club would have known before he did and would have released the info to the media if it were true.

Not sure if you're joking giantroo, but if you are it's very funny.

What we need is a report on Boomer from one of our regular track watchers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand is out of Nab cup and likely to miss early rds as well with bad stress fractures

o_rly.jpg

:)

Thanks for the info Dermott, don't listen to these nuffys, I appreciate the gossip.

So the club knows before a player , before he is injured , interesting , very interesting.

I heard a rumour that the club medical staff had taken on a psychic. I guess this confirms it.

To borrow a slogan from the Power Rangers over at Port....

WHATEVER IT TAKES !!!

Okay, I think it's about time this "Boomer has stress fractures" thread put on it's jammies, brushed its teeth, and said nigh-nighs to everyone. Sorry to be the bearer of good news, but bee dee has maintained his unbeaten run of wrongness. Let's knock this on the head right now. I have a report.

This is the factual report....

Boomer has a stress-related injury, but he does not have stress fractures. For the record, there is a very big difference. Boomer's injury and/or current condition is like a pre-cursor to suffering stress fractures. It is a condition that will later develop into stress fractures if not diagnosed, addressed, and treated. But Boomer has done that now. So, in this case, the prognosis for him is very positive.

He is expected to take a 4-week break from leg work, and then will be fit and ready to go.

As is often the case with a report of this kind, I cannot name my source. But it is v.solid. You all know me. I may do a lot of things on this board, but I don't make a habit of trading in bullsh1t or outright lies. Those of you who would doubt this are free to use the user-friendly Search function in the upper right hand section of the main board.

But if truth be told, my care factor for the naysayers is zero. I'm just happy to quash bee dee's rubbish and get the real facts. That is, that Boomer will be fine and ready to roll in a month's time.

But if truth be told, my care factor for the naysayers is zero. I'm just happy to quash bee dee's rubbish and get the real facts. That is, that Boomer will be fine and ready to roll in a month's time.

Just so long as we are all able to "pierce our flags into the sky" as Boomer slots through another goal on the run , we will all be very happy.

Okay, I think it's about time this "Boomer has stress fractures" thread put on it's jammies, brushed its teeth, and said nigh-nighs to everyone. Sorry to be the bearer of good news, but bee dee has maintained his unbeaten run of wrongness. Let's knock this on the head right now. I have a report.

This is the factual report....

Boomer has a stress-related injury, but he does not have stress fractures. For the record, there is a very big difference. Boomer's injury and/or current condition is like a pre-cursor to suffering stress fractures. It is a condition that will later develop into stress fractures if not diagnosed, addressed, and treated. But Boomer has done that now. So, in this case, the prognosis for him is very positive.

He is expected to take a 4-week break from leg work, and then will be fit and ready to go.

As is often the case with a report of this kind, I cannot name my source. But it is v.solid. You all know me. I may do a lot of things on this board, but I don't make a habit of trading in bullsh1t or outright lies. Those of you who would doubt this are free to use the user-friendly Search function in the upper right hand section of the main board.

And i was so looking forward to giving Bee Dee some credit , damn , maybe next time champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back