Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
time to go no chase no pressure no second efforts dives for free kicks time for him to have a wake up call in the seconds or just retire either one im not fussed about because kids looked good with was a positive but with boomer on the field today it just reminds you how sad it is when once good players stick around for to long

time to go no chase no pressure no second efforts dives for free kicks time for him to have a wake up call in the seconds or just retire either one im not fussed about because kids looked good with was a positive but with boomer on the field today it just reminds you how sad it is when once good players stick around for to long

Has plenty of credits.

he was embarrassing today. Poor example for younger players.

We don't have the quality to take the pressure off him as he ages.

He may as well hang them up at the end of the year.

It's a crying shame, he deserves better.

He was terrible today and trying to influence the umpires decision to give him a free kick has never worked for him in the past so I don't understand why he still continues to do it. Fight for the ball rather than throwing your arms up and fighting for a free kick.

But in saying that, what did Scott do to bring Harvey into the game or at least mix things up?

Is he teaching LA?

haha unfortunately I had the same thought a few times during the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with the game plan like that and the turnovers starting to mount even by the best of players, dont think its an individual thing, more like the players getting frustrated with a game plan thats been picked apart already

biggest problem we are to busy trying to look or recieve a handball rather than tackle an opponent. kick the fricken thing sometimes

FFS he had a bad game but get off his back.
A captain and premiership player, he has carried us for over a decade.
Today is a good example of what happens when he doesnt save the day.
No one else steps up.
Posters need to stop creating threads.
Bad day for the club but stop eating your own you idiots.

FFS he had a bad game but get off his back.
A captain and premiership player, he has carried us for over a decade.
Today is a good example of what happens when he doesnt save the day.
No one else steps up.
Posters need to stop creating threads.
Bad day for the club but stop eating your own you idiots.

No one expects him to dominate every week. But effort is non-negotiable. Especially from a sernior player.

He has not been right for a few weeks now. Just in bursts does he play well, when he is by himself. I'll be honest he is being an A grade front runner at the moment, not going hard anymore, waiting for the ball to come to him, playing for free kicks! He does not look interested at the moment, if he continues like this he'll just be an average player when he retires.

I don't like being negative on players for our club but he is still a leader of the club and if young players see this they'll too have the same attitude!!

What a sh!t mothers day.

i will set it straight now i have never and will never chew out my own but simmo grant king and archer all left in there prime i would hate to have harvey robbed of that

He escapes criticism alot on here by our supporters and yes he is a champion of the club and will always love him. But..he has been disappointing to say the least this year. Starting to turn over the ball to much. Doesn't chase. Hardly sticks a tackle. I hope he can bounce back because it ain't heading well.

Mind you, was not alone. Countless players wouldn't chase. We were embarrassed today.

No one expects him to dominate every week. But effort is non-negotiable. Especially from a sernior player.

His effort was pathetic but if the players around him dont lift then were not going anywhere fast.

Did you want him to retire 2 years ago when Picken in his 2nd game kept Harvey to 6 touches?

We know what he offers, everyone knows he hates a tag and defensive efforts are not for future Hall of Famers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back