Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smaller frame means a hell of a lot less wear and tear on knees etc.

Linford Christie won gold at age 34 or 35 broke a world record at 33.

From what I understand men reach peak physical strength at 35 or so, but recovery is the big issue so training becomes harder.

Anyway barring serious injury, and assuming he still has the hunger he could easily go on another 2-3 years especially as a super sub.

Am hearing strongly that he'll be playing quite a bit off the back flank this year. As long as he doesn't have to be to defensive minded this could be a great move. Here's to another cracking season from the little champ!!

It's been said many times but he would be the perfect sub. Let's say he decides to go on again in 2013 and we use him as the sub. He is a game changer and would be the super sub every week.

I hope he makes 400. He is definitely not showing signs of slowing down, bar injury of course

A good article about Brent Harvey in this months Inside Sport magazine for anyone who's interested...

Small legs, less chance of a muscle tear, could play till he's 40.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always had Boomer slotting goals out of a forward pocket in his twilight years.

I never even considered him setting up the play from half back. Credit to Bon - at the moment, that's a masterstroke.

(Massive, massive tangent - Hamish slots a few of those goals tonight, and playing 2 rucks is a masterstroke too. I'll be obese from eating my own words if this keeps up)

The Boomer we saw today and the Boomer we saw when Lingy tagged him in previous years is two different individuals. One thing it tells you though, Geelong are seriously missing Ling. Last week with Mitchell and this week with Boomer, they do not have a tagger to do that same job.

The Boomer we saw today and the Boomer we saw when Lingy tagged him in previous years is two different individuals. One thing it tells you though, Geelong are seriously missing Ling. Last week with Mitchell and this week with Boomer, they do not have a tagger to do that same job.
Yup. Ling was a more important out than Scarlett was IMO. He's spanked Boomer for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back