Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo board is hilarious

Completely delusional

They have come to the conclusion, that not only will they ONLY give 9 and 16, but WE will be giving them 29 back as well

They are in for some fun over the next couple of weeks lol
In before we do

Yep they're cherry picking examples like Dylan Shiels moving from GWS to Ess for a 1st rounder despite being AA (was AA the year prior though, not the year of).

I tried to point out that the trading landscape has changed and established players IMO are worth more in picks these days but oh well.

With Baker, Rioli & Graham going...

I want to keep Bolton, if we don't get 9 and 10.

Depends on what we get for Baker & Rioli though. I really do hope we get pick 6 and at least a 2nd round for Rioli and also pick 13 for Baker.

Then I don't care if we decide to keep Bolton, however i agree, even IMO pick 9 & 10 is shit. Surely Freo can get creative to improve those picks up the order.

Depends on what we get for Baker & Rioli though. I really do hope we get pick 6 and at least a 2nd round for Rioli and also pick 13 for Baker.

Then I don't care if we decide to keep Bolton, however i agree, even IMO pick 9 & 10 is shit. Surely Freo can get creative to improve those picks up the order.
9/10 is decent and compares pretty well to the market ,,,what we give for TT , 12 and 20 wasn’t it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo board is hilarious

Completely delusional

They have come to the conclusion, that not only will they ONLY give 9 and 16, but WE will be giving them 29 back as well

They are in for some fun over the next couple of weeks lol
And pay 50% of his salary

The melts are going to be GOLD

Looked like he was embarrassed to be on the podium and has never been a great speaker anyway

Dont sh!t on our premiership players

Thank them for their services and wish them well
AT LEAST THEY CAN SAY THANKS...sorry about the caps I am very dissapointed in the way this has turned out, now we have to screw the other clubs its a business, we made these blokes they didnt make us

9/10 is decent and compares pretty well to the market ,,,what we give for TT , 12 and 20 wasn’t it

Taranto was uncontracted, being squeezed out of GWS, an inferior player to Bolton, and also a lot more generic player, ie traits that are more easily replaceable.

Against that, Bolton is not a Judd or Dustin Martin or Gablett Jnr level player, so there is some limit on what he is worth. Bolton is worth at least a top 3 pick. Picks 9 & 10 will become likely about 11 & 12. So this might be close to his value, if he was uncontracted, or if Richmond actively wanted to sell him. So for mine those 2 picks form the bare minimum of what Bolton is worth. A reasonable compromise imo would be a sweetener on top of that to Richmond, even if that is a f2 or pick 27(sliding to mid 30's) in this years draft. If Richmond accept less than that it means they are a very willing party to the trade.

Thank them for their services and wish them well

People saying this makes me laugh, you'd think these campaigners fought for the country. They were very well paid to kick a ball around, it got too hard for them and they chose to **** off, this campaigner and that other dopey gimp from WA.

People saying this makes me laugh, you'd think these campaigners fought for the country. They were very well paid to kick a ball around, it got too hard for them and they chose to **** off, this campaigner and that other dopey gimp from WA.

You don't think this could have been due to a bit of gentle encouragement from Richmond FC, once they surveyed the lay of the land under the new coach and with an eye to the quality of the upcoming draft?

You don't think this could have been due to a bit of gentle encouragement from Richmond FC, once they surveyed the lay of the land under the new coach and with an eye to the quality of the upcoming draft?
If that’s the case then they erred badly with the new coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back