Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Traded for picks 10,11&18

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you for your impeccable insight on the ability and potential of Bolton Sir Loin. Really appreciate the time you take out to watch, review and analyse all junior games to provide your unique perspective on these young kids. I don't know why RFC don't hire you as head recruiter, you clearly know a lot more about these kids than those tools making the decision. Put your resume in son, i'd vote for ya (Y)

Im at just as much of a loss as you are. I yell more the next week from the former at PRO after just as many cans at VFL matches. You'd think they would have noticed me by now. I'm trying mate.

Nah, they'd be happy enough if we picked up a 215cm inside/outside ruckman/small forward who gets his own ball, has exceptional disposal, tackles like a maniac, runs all day at high pace and is built like a brick outhouse.....But only so long as we didn't overpay for him and used a pick somewhere after 70.
Didn't we just delist someone with most of these attributes ;)

So dosent need work at 177cm and 67 Kgs and doesn't need to learn the defensive side of the game?

Can't wait to see him play 22 games next year.
Same height as Cyril but 13kg lighter

Same height as Cyril but 13kg lighter

He'll be fine. I'm just joking. He can come and stay with me for a while. With the piss I put away, he'll be good to go next pre-season. I'll even teach him how to mouth off for free.

You don't need to be aggressive to other posters after what's happened this week
First time I've ever attacked a Poster ST. The guys just over the top negative about everything the club does. I mean, in hindsight, Fyfe was best available but we all bat at 100% in hindsight.
Just had enough of the constant bagging, that's all
Report if you must but he's on ignore now anyway

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts bro?
In my un-educated view, it appears we went for best available talent at 29 in Bolton. Its now a quick game and that is clearly a area we lack. Being only 17 still, will need time to develop size, but not worried about that. Speed and game breaking ability will be a premium with this stoppage and zoning game. I liked the Graham pick, purely as he seems better than Clarke as he can run and carry and can get it at stoppages. The last pick, I think this player is seen as a project key back, and already intercept marks and is good 1 on 1. Other than that, this is all I know about them, but will give them time to develop before saying they didn't work. I think we did ok and don't buy into the smaller types worry, as much prefer players who can play. You?

Has massive upside this kid.
We are finally going to be dangerous in the forward 50 when the pill hits the deck. Just need some key talls now.
One of our biggest weaknesses was slowness of the forward line with JR, Lloyd and Vickery playing together. With this guy and Rioli we have pace and pressure - just need to get them on the milkshakes to bulk them up a bit.:cool::rainbow:

One of our biggest weaknesses was slowness of the forward line with JR, Lloyd and Vickery playing together. With this guy and Rioli we have pace and pressure - just need to get them on the milkshakes to bulk them up a bit.:cool::rainbow:

We can carry the slowness of Lloyd if he is in the side now, due to the pace of rioli, Bolton, Prestia

In my un-educated view, it appears we went for best available talent at 29 in Bolton. Its now a quick game and that is clearly a area we lack. Being only 17 still, will need time to develop size, but not worried about that. Speed and game breaking ability will be a premium with this stoppage and zoning game. I liked the Graham pick, purely as he seems better than Clarke as he can run and carry and can get it at stoppages. The last pick, I think this player is seen as a project key back, and already intercept marks and is good 1 on 1. Other than that, this is all I know about them, but will give them time to develop before saying they didn't work. I think we did ok and don't buy into the smaller types worry, as much prefer players who can play. You?

Bolton is so undersized that he wont play next year or the year after. I really don't understand our drafting strategy. I still haven't heard anything from the club re: where they see the list at. If they genuinely thought we're still in the window which is what they shoved down our throats all last year a couple ready made players like Begley and Scharenberg I could of understood who were both available at our picks.

Bolton and Garthwaite just seem so lightweight and project-ish. Graham I like but he is also going to need a lot of work, these guys won't be playing a lot over the next three years. Only conclusion I can draw is that they've picked players that won't play a lot, keeps their TPP down so they can re-do dusty and maybe go after another player.

Bolton is so undersized that he wont play next year or the year after. I really don't understand our drafting strategy. I still haven't heard anything from the club re: where they see the list at. If they genuinely thought we're still in the window which is what they shoved down our throats all last year a couple ready made players like Begley and Scharenberg I could of understood who were both available at our picks.

Bolton and Garthwaite just seem so lightweight and project-ish. Graham I like but he is also going to need a lot of work, these guys won't be playing a lot over the next three years. Only conclusion I can draw is that they've picked players that won't play a lot, keeps their TPP down so they can re-do dusty and maybe go after another player.

Is he really that unlikely to play any afl games next year?

People were saying rioli was too little and he ended up near our best player

Bolton wouldn't have to win centre clearances just play forward pocket and run around a bit

The list had big Kpp holes. To get grathy late is a handy pick up. Everyone is going to have some issues so late in the draft.

He really wouldn't have to that much to challange elton, c moore, an the mature key defender we took last draft in the rankings People seem to hate astbury too

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Traded for picks 10,11&18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back