Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose by Shai & Baker TBH so he may have some sort of intel
We won't lose Shai. He's contracted for four more years. If we let him go, it's because we're winning on the deal. And that's not pick 15 and 30.

Dude s horrendously out of form or out of care factor or both...

Since he missed the Cats game, averaging:
17 disposals (God knows at what disposal efficiency)
1.7 marks
2.7 tackles
& has kicked 1 goal 6

Talk of multiple first rounders or even a low first rounder is rapidly becoming a thing of fantasy sadly. :(
Shai's value has not diminished one iota.

If we have an interest in this draft, If a WA club wants him I'd trade Bolton for Higgins like 1st and 2nd rounder.
Let me know when you're selling your house.

100%

These are all keyboard worriers that were drooling and sucking shai's pencil not so long ago and wanting the clubs admin sacked if we lost him.

Now they are putrid pathetic supporters who's posting is alot lower than shai's form they are criticizing
Is that like sucking a popsicle kozi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you guys take 2 x picks in the 10 to 15 range?

Feels like unders but the situation is getting a bit messy and it seems like you guys are much better off keeping the more consistent rioli.
u will have to pony up more then that..
just like a hooker says to her John ' no money, no honey'
2× top 10 baby!!

Feels like unders but the situation is getting a bit messy and it seems like you guys are much better off keeping the more consistent rioli.
If you are happy to give that up

Yes way unders

Would you take 10 & 15 for Young ?

If you are happy to give that up

Yes way unders

Would you take 10 & 15 for Young

Much different situations I think. Hayden Young is 23. Shai Bolton will be 26 before next year. You guys aren't competing for finals and we are. It's all about how many picks you guys wanna generate before tassie come in and ruin the draft.

You are right though its unders regardless. I was just gauging where Richmond fans viewed his worth. Seems that most of the people having a crack at him aren't actually angry enough at him to discuss him leaving with an opposition fan, which I guess is a good thing because it shows they still rate him deep down.

Much different situations I think. Hayden Young is 23. Shai Bolton will be 26 before next year. You guys aren't competing for finals and we are. It's all about how many picks you guys wanna generate before tassie come in and ruin the draft.

You are right though its unders regardless. I was just gauging where Richmond fans viewed his worth. Seems that most of the people having a crack at him aren't actually angry enough at him to discuss him leaving with an opposition fan, which I guess is a good thing because it shows they still rate him deep down.
People having a crack at him is because he is playing well below his capability and thats partly where the team is at with the injuries we have and no continuity in the team as well as coaches playing him differently

If you throw him into a Carlton or Sydney it will take him 2 minutes to destroy the opposition again
Shai Bolton is an elite talent and easily worth 2 top 10 picks in any draft

My biggest criticism of shai is his burning of the ball when kicking for goal he just doesnt take enough care
He is the type of mid/fwd that can average 20 possessions and 2 goals a game
They are GOLD and he has 7-8 years left

Would you consider trading 10 & 15 (2 of your 3 first rounders) to Weagles for pick 3. Then trade pick 3 & next years first rounder for Bolton?

On the basis that they could use those picks to get Bo Allen (local top 10 pick) plus Baker for 15.

a lot of ifs and maybe’s and I’d rather keep Bolton but if player asks to leave then we’d best get 2 x first rounders including a top 5.

People having a crack at him is because he is playing well below his capability and thats partly where the team is at with the injuries we have and no continuity in the team as well as coaches playing him differently

If you throw him into a Carlton or Sydney it will take him 2 minutes to destroy the opposition again
Shai Bolton is an elite talent and easily worth 2 top 10 picks in any draft

My biggest criticism of shai is his burning of the ball when kicking for goal he just doesnt take enough care
He is the type of mid/fwd that can average 20 possessions and 2 goals a game
They are GOLD and he has 7-8 years left

Yeah I agree with all of that. I think freo are a little younger than Sydney and Carlton but have potential to be the type of side you are talking about in the next few years. I guess the fact that Shai seems to play better when the team is doing better is why a trade sort of makes sense.

However I understand the idea of losing a star, and not just a star, but someone as entertaining to watch as shai is something any club would really want to avoid. Tbh I'm suprised with how fair this board has been discussing this with me, def one of the better boards iv visited.

Yeah I agree with all of that. I think freo are a little younger than Sydney and Carlton but have potential to be the type of side you are talking about in the next few years. I guess the fact that Shai seems to play better when the team is doing better is why a trade sort of makes sense.

However I understand the idea of losing a star, and not just a star, but someone as entertaining to watch as shai is something any club would really want to avoid. Tbh I'm suprised with how fair this board has been discussing this with me, def one of the better boards iv visited.

I have no sway but if you want Shai what are you willing to put up??

Not trying to con you but I am not phased but how Shai is travelling at the moment and I think he is more switched on than some may think.

Not getting sucked in to the Kane Cornes commentary either

I am still trying to digest how the f.. the St Kilda guy I cannot even remember his name, Battle, could land them a pick 5 going by some talk on foxtel

I have no sway but if you want Shai what are you willing to put up??

Not trying to con you but I am not phased but how Shai is travelling at the moment and I think he is more switched on than some may think.

Not getting sucked in to the Kane Cornes commentary either

I am still trying to digest how the f.. the St Kilda guy I cannot even remember his name, Battle, could land them a pick 5 going by some talk on foxtel

Fremantle fans wouldn't be happy with what I would be willing to trade for Bolton 😂 hes not just exactly what freo need, a classy small forward that can also add pace to midfield for CBAs, but he's wildly entertaining, being a small forward myself I just love watching the freaks like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back