1 score involvement
62% disposal efficiency

Bailey Scott
ToG 83%
12 disposals
3 tackles
0 score involvements
66% disposal efficiency

In less time on the field, Phillips did more than Powell or Scott.

I make this point to suggest that Phillips is marked unfairly on a curve for some people here, if they think he was horrible today but say nothing about players like Powell or Scott (or Tucker, or Shiels, or Zurhaar, or Stephens, etc).

Only one of those guys isn’t contracted for next year and hasn’t shown any consistent ability at AFL level.
If that was wilphi fighting for his AFL life that is very bleak for his prospects.
No urgency to get from stoppage to stoppage and no aggression at the ball or opponent.

On that showing I would rather laz who at least tries to be involved - even thou he’s no where know the level in ability or IQ

Been reliably informed that he has offers on the table from Richmond & Geelong, along with our 1 year deal. Not idea on length from either of those other clubs though. Surprised Geelong are in the market consider they have a similar type in George Stevens, Parfitt, Knevitt, Bowes, Atkins, Clark, Clohesy kicking around in the two's.

Been reliably informed that he has offers on the table from Richmond & Geelong, along with our 1 year deal. Not idea on length from either of those other clubs though. Surprised Geelong are in the market consider they have a similar type in George Stevens, Parfitt, Knevitt, Bowes, Atkins, Clark, Clohesy kicking around in the two's.

We have a eye for talent no? stern look

Thank the lord.

watch him head off to Richmond and be pivotal in their jump up the ladder...

Angry American Idol GIF

Surely they'd be longer than one year, you cannot tell someone you're a big fan and then proceed to offer a one year deal.

Yeah, clubs will be bullshitting Will about his opportunities elsewhere. They all including us do it.

And maybe he goes well at another club, i wouldn't hold it against him. 4 years is a very long time to not show improvement.
Yeah I’m torn about it, kid needs opportunity, we seem to have the enthusiasm of a emo, after after party. The ones where the markings leaves permanent scars.

Although he does seem like a good kid, one who will follow instruction/work ethic(?)
I would only be cutting anyone who’s toxic at the moment..

Last edited:
Yeah I’m torn about it, kid needs opportunity, we seem to have the enthusiasm of a emo, after after party. The ones where the markings leaves permanent scars.

Although he does seem like a good kid, one who will follow instruction/work ethic(?)
I would be cutting anyone who’s toxic at the moment..

I also can see why North supporters are a tad confused by this, we could easily move on 15/16 players.
SO if we see a Biggy Bert Nuyon in a North VFL side again next year. It would be fair to think WTF. If we cut hard I'll understand it better. If not it does seem harsh.

I don't believe he causes any concern as in upstanding citizen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipping he hit a trigger after he was played forward and it sort of almost worked.

then we wanted to win games so we tried it again.

So he hit the trigger in the search for wins in a season where we almost did a few times but could only actually get there 3 times.

But now he gets another year, go him.
I agree; I was just making the point I don't really think the club deliberately sets out to manage triggers via selection.

On the more substantive point you make, our best run of form in three years (such as it was) coincided with us playing three talls

It would really align with the trajectory of our outstanding list management and player development to let Will go to Richmond or Geelong. With his skills and nous he’ll probably win a Brownlow in 4-5 years once they get him into a good system and get him fit.

But we can rest assured that circa 2024 he didn’t meet the extremely high North/Bigfooty benchmarks for fitness and running capacity at age 22 after a debilitating long term illness.

It would really align with the trajectory of our outstanding list management and player development to let Will go to Richmond or Geelong. With his skills and nous he’ll probably win a Brownlow in 4-5 years once they get him into a good system and get him fit.

But we can rest assured that circa 2024 he didn’t meet the extremely high North/Bigfooty benchmarks for fitness and running capacity at age 22 after a debilitating long term illness.
Oh dear. One brownlow vote in four seasons and you have him winning one in four years time, I'm positive that's not happening. Whoever picks him up will be getting Paul Ahern without the talent.

Surely they'd be longer than one year, you cannot tell someone you're a big fan and then proceed to offer a one year deal.

I don't know the details of the offers from Geelong and Richmond, but you'd assume there'd have to more to them than 1 year (our offer).

I don't know the details of the offers from Geelong and Richmond, but you'd assume there'd have to more to them than 1 year (our offer).
Yeah you'd think so.

I can say it all got too hard for Jk rawling and he said , " **** it , just trade JHFF".

And maybe for different reasons Wilbur is in the same category.

Oh dear. One brownlow vote in four seasons and you have him winning one in four years time, I'm positive that's not happening. Whoever picks him up will be getting Paul Ahern without the talent.
It will be great either way though won’t it. Four more years of sitting at a PC furiously typing out missives of what’s wrong with Will Phillips.
The best outcome would likely be him coming 2nd in the Brownlow circa 2028 which could lead to another thousand posts about how the geniuses on here always knew he wasn’t good enough to win one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back