Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - has reportedly signed a 1yr deal & will be a Roo til end '25

Remove this Banner Ad

Im Late Good Morning GIF by Pudgy Penguins

“Did I just hear someone defend Phillips????”

He's been putrid and his effort is not there.
Lmao do you honestly think that we’d have been 53 points up against Collingwood if he was not playing? Do you think that we’d be a kick off beating Melbourne, if he wasn’t playing? I’m sick of your shit posting on here every day just living in this thread.

I’m blocking you so I don’t have to see your diarrhoea anymore. I wish you the best and hope you can get the help you need.

Lmao do you honestly think that we’d have been 53 points up against Collingwood if he was not playing? Do you think that we’d be a kick off beating Melbourne, if he wasn’t playing? I’m sick of your shit posting on here every day just living in this thread.

I’m blocking you so I don’t have to see your diarrhoea anymore. I wish you the best and hope you can get the help you need.
No one can tell if we'd have won those games or lost by more. The fact is the coaches don't see the value in it, they also don't rate his performances in the two's, that is backed with facts. Thanks for the good wishes.

Love me a poster with an irrational dislike* of an individual player.

* My dislike of Aaron Hall was entirely rational.

The art of blocking revolves around the blockee not knowing they're blocked by the blocker.
It allows one to remain classy and respect the right of another to have an opinion, whether you agree doesn't matter. I reaslised many years ago you don't often succeed in changing peoples opinions.

Now it's a rather a busy night as I can see four posters online. lol

That fyi was a joke , the four posters bit, not the rest :)

That’s super consistent and with that body of work people defending him aren’t biased. Just facts.

To say he isn't putting effort in is ridiculous IMO

The amount of shinboner spirit and competitiveness he shown as a tagger this year has been immense too.

Heard from plenty of players in interviews that he trains hard too and has a great attitude, even though he gets dropped and elevated more than any other player

The amount of shinboner spirit and competitiveness he shown as a tagger this year has been immense too.

Heard from plenty of players in interviews that he trains hard too and has a great attitude, even though he gets dropped and elevated more than any other player

I saw him in action live and all this seems to be true - my respect for Will increased tenfold that day. I already rated him before that.

The art of blocking revolves around the blockee not knowing they're blocked by the blocker.
It allows one to remain classy and respect the right of another to have an opinion, whether you agree doesn't matter. I reaslised many years ago you don't often succeed in changing peoples opinions.

Now it's a rather a busy night as I can see four posters online. lol

That fyi was a joke , the four posters bit, not the rest :)
This “blocking” thing. If one was actually interested in using said device, how would one go about it?…..asking for a friend 😂
This is actually a genuine question, as I’m not sure and I’m building quite a considerable list.
PS: I hope you haven’t blocked me and get this message 😊

This “blocking” thing. If one was actually interested in using said device, how would one go about it?…..asking for a friend 😂
This is actually a genuine question, as I’m not sure and I’m building quite a considerable list.
PS: I hope you haven’t blocked me and get this message 😊
1721271366319.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And thats why we keep him, unless a club offers a deal mutually beneficial to both him and us.

He knows he needs a massive preseason and take his tank to the next level and only the foolish would doubt he'll do it. I love the kid's attitude and want him to make it almost as bad as he does despite him not being my pick in his draft. I wanted either Thilthorpe or Hollands who looked a bust up until this year.

Unfortunately for Will i think Mother's Milk Francis leaving has hurt him as much as anything. It meant we got the Warlord who i see plays the get down and dirty in and under style which Phillips is best suited. Its not hard to see, LDU, Sheezel, JHF and Phillips is pretty balanced. LDU, Sheez, Warlord and Phillips is less so.

That not to say he cant be worked into the rotations even if everyone is fit.

And thats why we keep him, unless a club offers a deal mutually beneficial to both him and us.

He knows he needs a massive preseason and take his tank to the next level and only the foolish would doubt he'll do it. I love the kid's attitude and want him to make it almost as bad as he does despite him not being my pick in his draft. I wanted either Thilthorpe or Hollands who looked a bust up until this year.

Unfortunately for Will i think Mother's Milk Francis leaving has hurt him as much as anything. It meant we got the Warlord who i see plays the get down and dirty in and under style which Phillips is best suited. Its not hard to see, LDU, Sheezel, JHF and Phillips is pretty balanced. LDU, Sheez, Warlord and Phillips is less so.

That not to say he cant be worked into the rotations even if everyone is fit.

I think one area we really need to look to bolster within our midfield stocks ever since JHF took flight is the petulant and selfish type who doesn't respond well under adversity, sulks, and gives away 50 metre penalties. We just don't have anything like that midfield archetype on our list. I wonder if WilPhil could develop that within his game.

Got an uneasy feeling that the club will want to trade Will.

Reckon they'll look for a 2nd or 3rd rounder or outside chance trade him for a needs player (eg tall forward) not getting a game elsewhere.

Maybe finds himself in the same spot that Clarkson found himself 30 years ago.

Hope I'm wrong and we keep him.

I think one area we really need to look to bolster within our midfield stocks ever since JHF took flight is the petulant and selfish type who doesn't respond well under adversity, sulks, and gives away 50 metre penalties. We just don't have anything like that midfield archetype on our list. I wonder if WilPhil could develop that within his game.
I remember the AA captain being the same way.
And of course im not talking about character, im talking about the similar roles Wardlaw and Phillips play. Im perfectly fine with Wardlaw over JHF, its just not helped Phillips imo.
But you go ahead and spin it how you do.

Reckon they'll look for a 2nd or 3rd rounder or outside chance trade him for a needs player (eg tall forward) not getting a game elsewhere.

I would like us to keep Will. But said a couple of yrs back while we continue to use our draft picks for midfielders that we are likely to trade some for players we need ie key position types.

And why is that a bad thing mate, the club needs to be brave.

1.LDU
2.Wardlaw
3.Simpkin
4.Sheezel
5.Powell

Give that group another 12 months, all will still have years left in them, if our backs and fwds could match them , we'd never lose another game.

And probably another mid added this year. I would though rather we did a trade for Phillips, dunno a small fwd who like Phillips has shown signs.

And why is that a bad thing mate, the club needs to be brave.

1.LDU
2.Wardlaw
3.Simpkin
4.Sheezel
5.Powell

Give that group another 12 months, all will still have years left in them, if our backs and fwds could match them , we'd never lose another game.

And probably another mid added this year. I would though rather we did a trade for Phillips, dunno a small fwd who like Phillips has shown signs.

Just my opinion of course, but Will Phillips is more talented than Tom Powell for my money.

Phillips is right at the top of the list for players I want kicking from a centre clearance to our forwards.

Just my opinion of course, but Will Phillips is more talented than Tom Powell for my money.

Phillips is right at the top of the list for players I want kicking from a centre clearance to our forwards.
More talented than Tom Powell?? I've heard it all now. Don't like admitting when you're wrong do you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - has reportedly signed a 1yr deal & will be a Roo til end '25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back