List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

For all the bitching and moaning the eastern interstate clubs do about disadvantages of travel etc. They have a huge advantage when it comes to recruiting players. **** all competition that allows them to pick up quality players at will.

West Coast's rebuild is going to be turbo charged by it.
Who are the Eagles getting other than Liam Baker?

Meanwhile, they're losing Tom Barrass out of a defence that concedes only one fewer goal than us, and the Hawks don't have much to offer in return.

And they have **** all in the way of draft capital, a list demographic that's worse than ours, and no coach.

Down the road, Freo did magnificently to line up four of the first 24 picks, and can easily fit Bolton and Pickett into a side that barely missed finals, and is still pretty young overall.

I know who I'd rather be for the rest of the decade.

Sure, another development year would be nice if you confine your thinking to the ideal rebuild. But there's a bigger picture.

Another 3 win season could be the death of the club.

We are already in a historically bad run. We can't be casual about continuing that. It's not like it's been one or two years.

I expect that we'll be better next season, I'm optimistic. But are you willing to bet the club on the wrong injury not happening?

Pick 20, sure you can call it gold. But Dan Houston is also gold. He's an all-australian. I'm not talking about some shitty mediocre player.

If we trade for Houston we could have 5 AA calibre players. Larkey, LDU, Houston, Sheezel, Xerri. Then we have Wardlaw, McKercher, Comben, Duursma, Archer and others coming through. We'll have premiership leveL talent at the top of the list.

I don't think that the damage to the club of another potential down year is worth maybe adding another young player, over an established AA.
North will not be going anywhere.

Once Sydney's season is over, premiership or failure, then is the time to speak to Luke Parker, he may not be a walk up start midfielder next year, hope we are front of the queue.

I would love Houston and the Trac and anyone else of quality who is looking to leave their club.

Where has this new found confidence come from all of a sudden like we're in the mix?

There is usually a good level of bias that creeps in during September and October.
Its a mix of the shine coming back onto the club as were not playing and therefore not losing.
And god knows we hate f***ing losing.
Last year we beat the Suns, TT was flying, you could maybe understand some of the optimism as we tried to trade up to Harley Reid and of course we landed pick 3.

But where has this new found level of delusion come from so rapidly the past few days?

Recruits don't forget results and ladder positions. They want to play finals. And the shitcampaigners that could potentially become said recruits new teammates just gone done by 124 points 5 days ago.

Pray the club targets some older experienced heads and we land some. If they bust then there is minimal risk of them having to hang around.
Cause heaven forbid anyone we've targeted under 25 and landed in the last 10 years has been a disaster.

The clubs on field performances has really hindered and limited our ability to sell our position. That isn't changing this off season. If we had beaten West Coast comprehensively and pushed both the Hawks and Dogs - I can categorically tell you without any doubt that we'd be more front of mind in the trading market.
That's why Clarko wanted to finish the year off strong. I mean he said so himself. And the playing group shat the bed in the worst possible way.
Cmon tazaa, another pick 2 mid will fix it. We can chuck him on a flank, lol

Then hit kpps with a 20s and 30s picks, Jarryd Lyons and Levi Casboult, and we are 2 goal better than than this season.

16th, here we come!!!1!

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The unerring commitment of our supporters is one of our best characteristics, but I think it’d be foolhardy to assume sponsors will show the same loyalty if we had a decade as wooden spooners.
The sponsors only have to wait until September 20-26 to get their money's worth. There is no way known that we will be gone in 3 years or 30 years so no one need worry about it.

Who are the Eagles getting other than Liam Baker?

Meanwhile, they're losing Tom Barrass out of a defence that concedes only one fewer goal than us, and the Hawks don't have much to offer in return.

And they have **** all in the way of draft capital, a list demographic that's worse than ours, and no coach.

Down the road, Freo did magnificently to line up four of the first 24 picks, and can easily fit Bolton and Pickett into a side that barely missed finals, and is still pretty young overall.

I know who I'd rather be for the rest of the decade.
Shortsighted view.

While Freo looked to have done well this off season they can only take so many players.

Barrass will get them a 1st round pick.

As for only getting Liam Baker, he's a quality 2 time premiership player recruited to a wooden spoon team. Have you seen us attract anyone of his quality while we've been down there?

Jack Graham, another 2 time premiership player is heading there too through free agency.

Watch them throw the sink at Chad Warner next you too.

They have a massive advantage when it comes to rebuilding.

Can Collingwood squeeze Petracca into there cap.
Would they have to off-load a player to do so??
I’d love to get Jack Crisp into our midfield for 3 years to carry some of the load

I am hearing whispers that we are looking to trade for Sam Collins.

I like it a lot. BUT, would have thought we could get Tomlinson for next to nothing as a gap fill.
Tomlinson may be on the move.
He is looking for a new deal as he's got a young family and his contract and choice of club is going to be important.
Its all about prolonging his time in the AFL for as long as possible.

Cliche here - but whoever offers the longest contract and biggest coin will get him.

2025 is another year of development and pumping games into our talented kids.
I think if we can double our wins to 6 and get our percentage into the 80's, then that would be an overwhelming success.

The hope was the beltings would stop altogether in 2024. Or be minimal. Not only did they get worse but we ended the season with the worst of the lot. Hence our percentage going backwards.

So pray that we are more competitive in 2025, LDU, Sheezel, Xerri, Wardlaw, McKercher, Larkey, Comben, Archer, Curtis keep up their levels of performance and then we can be rabbid agressive players in the trade and free agency market in 12 months time. This is 100% the plan as we dont really have an alternative.

Not trying to take away from the fun and shits and gigs of the thread, as it always has been - but the shift from reality to delusion has been too rapid.
No, it must be, at the absolute minmum, 6 wins and 80%...bare minimum!!

If we want to be a 'destination club', we can't just be known as a club with talented players or a list with chock full of 1st rounders, we need wins and 1 x Dan Houston at the loss of 2x 1st rounders is not going to give this!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomlinson may be on the move.
He is looking for a new deal as he's got a young family and his contract and choice of club is going to be important.
Its all about prolonging his time in the AFL for as long as possible.

Cliche here - but whoever offers the longest contract and biggest coin will get him.
"If you though Callum Coleman-Jones looked big and imposing but didn't play that way..."

I always wonder if Josh Battle is good. Looks like he SHOULD be good. But is he?
Talking to a saints bloke at work and he doesn’t seem all that fussed by him leaving or staying. Battle seems to have a real Ben McKay feel about him. Stats look good, but is he actually good. Never watch saints games thinking ‘this bloke is a dead set gun’. Always looks ok.

……Will come out for the Hawks and have 4 AA years in a row now….
Battle can play. And in the Hawks system he is going to look like Gibson/Lake.
I never noticed him or rated him but followed his game this year and just watch him make the AA squad for sure in 2025.

I Dont Know No Idea GIF by CBC

You know what I don't get.

Richmond have lost

-their senior coach, who immediately took a job with a rival club
-their CEO, who was poached by a club that doesn't exist yet
-their 3x Norm Smith medal-winning superstar
-their ~800 goal key forward & club talisman
-their long-term best third tall
-their best mid/fwd
-their best HBF, who is being poached by the aforementioned ex-coach
-their best utility player
-their former 3x premiership winning HFF/mid who became a line coach has also quit

And there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the level of volatility and judgement around them as there was about us when we cut Harvey Petrie NDS and Firrito.
Three flags and the era is over. Nothing last forever.

Thats ****ing insane, 950k x 6 … WOW. Battle turned down that to play at hawfawn?

Kind of feel for the Saints fans, as a collective the ones I know are ok.
But sheesh he'd rather earn less money and play for the Hawfs. This isn't great for the comp. You want Battle then the compo is your first, it's still FA, but I tell youse the Hawfs wouldn't be interested if he cost them say pick 12.

The AFL is making it difficult for the smaller clubs to be successful, the Pie can be on the bottom and still get the best time slots.

oh well.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back