List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Kind of feel for the Saints fans, as a collective the ones I know are ok.
But sheesh he'd rather earn less money and play for the Hawfs.
lol you gone soft

I don’t feel for them at all

In fact it’s hilarious that he’d rather play for less than play for saints

And now they only get Band 2 which tbh is fair enough for him

We got lucky essendon were dumb enough to pay overs in salary for magoo

I've written and deleted Trac related replies 3 times now..... So hear goes...

Some of you may know I was in a serious boating accident with my kids that left me with a punctured lung with significant bleeding, every rib broken at least twice (they stopped counting at 30), a shattered olecranon, dislocated radius and a few other things. I underwent 2-3 hrs surgery on the side of the road before being airlifted to hospital, lost 2.5ltrs of blood and spent a few days in a coma, then weeks in hospital.

I can tell you 100% I will never be physically or psychologically the same. The psychological stuff may be more pertinent with regard to Trac's situation. I have some degree of PTSD and get anxiety with activities such as riding my bike or even walking on wet surfaces. Anything where there a chance of slipping or having some impact is a real struggle to push through. For example, it took me 12 months before I could will Myself to complete a box jump.

I had a surreal out of body experience, the full white room you hear about, and made a decision to come back. This has left me wondering what is actually after life and even questioning reality. Some days being motivated to perform at the high levels I previously could in work, as a Husband/Father, or even during a basic workout is hard. It's like this inner voice saying "you nearly died mate, it's okay to take it easy." I don't believe I'll ever be as driven and focused on excellence as I was pre-trauma, because at the end of it all, it doesn't mean shit.

It will be an interesting watch to see how Trac goes with his re-entry into professional footy, the physical contact and if it haunts him subconsciously.

Anyways, sorry I got stuck on an 'about me' path without meaning to....

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Massive props for sharing there Hazey1977 …….keep going mate, you got this.

I wouldn't say they jump ahead of us that quickly, they are in for years of pain unfortunately.
They would not have had Baker, Dan Rioli and Bolton requesting trades as part of their strategic plan.
It's opened an opportunity for them to get a lot of young talent in but you have to nail the picks.
Their lack of elite young talent is an issue, they only had Gibcus as a young 1st round pick when they played us and were mid table level for age and games experienced. The injection from this draft will help but it takes time to develop them.
We'll see how it works out for them. I wouldn't wish any team experiencing what we have with less than 4 wins each year over 5yrs.
They will rebuild quicker than us. Players want to go there more than us. Big club, play at the G 60-70% of their games. Very hard for us to compete

I don’t often bother with trade scenarios, but when I do . Oh boy!

Houston and Poorts first this year and their first next year. For our future first .
Now let the death ride begin . It would be one for the ages.

Then we finish above them in 2025. Balls will be hummed as we darn well say !!
They don’t have a first rounder this year…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it must be, at the absolute minmum, 6 wins and 80%...bare minimum!!

If we want to be a 'destination club', we can't just be known as a club with talented players or a list with chock full of 1st rounders, we need wins and 1 x Dan Houston at the loss of 2x 1st rounders is not going to give this!!
When the fixture came out I predicted we'd get to 8 wins lol
And that we'd finish between 10th and 14th. Got nowhere near it.

Its going to be a grind. Sadly this season has probably conditioned the majority of the supporter base to severely lower our expectations going forward.
That never ends well.

Which begs the question what happens when we have another poor start in 2025?
When the green shoots we pray for doesn't occur?
The spotlight on us is going to be intense. The media is waiting for us to fail. For Clarko to fail.
Were going to be the easiest of targets.

In terms of projections I don't think we are going to be able to stomach 6 years straight of wooden spoon footy. And the chances are it is going to happen.
People in leadership roles will fall on their sword so its almost like the next 9 months officials at the club will be operating with a loaded gun pointed straight at them. That is not a good place to be in.

They will rebuild quicker than us. Players want to go there more than us. Big club, play at the G 60-70% of their games. Very hard for us to compete

Except they haven't got the top core meaning their ceiling is about where they are now.

It's not a linear path to go from 3rd last, to 9th, 7th then top 4.

Sometimes, teams won't go beyond 6th. Hawk has peaked too early and they will hover around 5th - 8th.

Our core is something we can build a team around for the next 15 years.

We simply need to find the right players to support sheezal ldu wardlaw mckercher, we don't need big names, we need the RIGHT names.

When the fixture came out I predicted we'd get to 8 wins lol
And that we'd finish between 10th and 14th. Got nowhere near it.

Its going to be a grind. Sadly this season has probably conditioned the majority of the supporter base to severely lower our expectations going forward.
That never ends well.

Which begs the question what happens when we have another poor start in 2025?
When the green shoots we pray for doesn't occur?
The spotlight on us is going to be intense. The media is waiting for us to fail. For Clarko to fail.
Were going to be the easiest of targets.

In terms of projections I don't think we are going to be able to stomach 6 years straight of wooden spoon footy. And the chances are it is going to happen.
People in leadership roles will fall on their sword so its almost like the next 9 months officials at the club will be operating with a loaded gun pointed straight at them. That is not a good place to be in.

Doesn't matter, external pressure is only a problem if we give a crap.

We just dont need to be bottom come 2028.

Been a lot of chatter in the last few weeks about how did the Hawks get the jump on the Roos when we were both in similar positions 2 years ago.

Going into 2024 the Hawks average age was 23.6 and Roos was 23.2. Not a big difference there. Average games begins to differ with 58 v 48.

Here is where it gets interesting on the experience front. Hawks have Breust (33), Gunston (32) and Frost (30) and just behind them Impey, Sicily and Amon (all 28). They have only 4 in their leadership group Sicily, Breust, Moore (Capt) and Will Day.

We only have 3 over 30 with Shields (33), Greenwood (32) and Corr. We lose the first 2 at the end of the year.

Only one of our Captains would be a required player on any other AFL list. The other showed us that last week he belongs after what he would say was an indifferent year as a dual Syd B winner.

Coach wise Mitchell is such a smart operator, as he was as a player. Perhaps a little more in tune with the modern game and talking to players and getting them to play their style. Their forward line is such a bitch to match up on. Their best big forward is not even playing (Lewis).

We both started 0 - 5, and yet the Hawks were able to put the brakes on the train. We unfortunately couldn’t, and aside from a little bit of heart and fight mid year ended up crashing in the tunnel.

Brady and recruiting team / go and get some quality in the 27 - 31 year age bracket we can land at the club. We want quality standard setters who can eye ball the under performers and demand more. Most important trade period in the past 15 years coming up. No pressure, just don’t f**k it up. Go Kangas!!

Pickett and Bolton go in, he goes out.

Rumours swirling he is looking around.

We need to be front of the pack for him.
Walters may retire supposedly freeing a spot (heard it somewhere but not all certain)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back