List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

They already have two very defensively minded midfielders in Rowell & Miller.

Need to find room in the midfield to rotate Humphrey and Flanders through there too.
Humpa had some 2nd year blues but i expect he will come out with a good year next season.

Rowell will continue to get more powerful, cripps like ceiling for him.

After Richmond collect all their picks for players leaving it will be interesting if we could do a deal to split pick 2 with them for multiple firsts

Benefit for them being they then have the first 2 picks in the draft

We then can target Houston but also still have first round picks in this draft
Or the Tiggers can then target Houston with our pick #2 that we traded to them. We may as well offer Port our #2 with we are that keen on Houston..l dont like the idea of the Tiggers having Picks #1 and #2 and more 1st round picks in the draft.

If we trade out our #2 is has to be to another club above us like a Freo or GC...and l dont want it used by a club wanting to get Petracca...

Or the Tiggers can then target Houston with our pick #2 that we traded to them. We may as well offer Port our #2 with we are that keen on Houston..l dont like the idea of the Tiggers having Picks #1 and #2 and more 1st round picks in the draft.

If we trade out our #2 is has to be to another club above us like a Freo or GC...and l dont want it used by a club wanting to get Petracca...
Freo and Gc won’t have multiple first rounders once they have acquired their targets

Richmond will likely be the only club that has multiple first to split 2 with

Trade table hasn't even opened, ya gronk!

Why MUST we be linked with anyone seeking a move? Gee, we have proven to be a charter of success and celebration over the past few seasons, just the tonic to appeal to those that seek a move.
As I've said before, majority of trades don't happen in october, they happen in the months leading upto it.

Freo and Gc won’t have multiple first rounders once they have acquired their targets

Richmond will likely be the only club that has multiple first to split 2 with
In that case offer our F1 for 1 of there other 1st round picks = something else...l just dont think we should be helping them . When have they ever helped us? Oh! wait....CCJ. :rolleyes:

In that case offer our F1 for 1 of there other 1st round picks = something else...l just dont think we should be helping them . When have they ever helped us? Oh! wait....CCJ. :rolleyes:
If it’s mutually beneficial I could care less tbh

And we actually would get overs splitting pick 2 with tigers moreso than any other club due to them having that first pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tall 191cm inside mid, that is very defensively focused. Really good hands, but kicking can be a little suspect at times. Doesn’t get much footy on the outside but covers the ground well. Would be a good point of difference in our midfield imo.
If we're going the split 2 pick for KPF and FP tactic then Davies would definitely make sense.

NM: Davies (GC)
GC: Rioli (RFC)
RFC: Phillips (NM) pick 20 (GC)

Pick 2 will get us either FOS or Draper both perfect for our list, i wouldn't be giving that up. Our F1 could be Sharp or Ludowyke at this stage, again wouldn't be giving that up.

I know we all want to see improvement but we have a chance to set this list up in the next 2 drafts. Imagine for a moment we get FOS/Draper and Gerreyn (fwd/ruck) then Ludowyke (key fwd) next year.

We'll see natural improvement in our team just given its current age profile, plus getting Logue and Goater back is like getting 2 quality recruits in. Logue allows Chom fwd which is better balance.

Houston might be handy, but we have a number of players who can take that role. We might play FOS from there, Powell, Bergman, Hardeman, Goater or even George if all works out. Goad is a super slow cook, so perhaps trading him back to his home state with a F2 works. I wouldn't be giving away anything more than for the Houston 'instant improvement'.

Yes it might mean a bottom 4 finish next year. It probably will be with or with Houston or other 'quick fixes'. But that list of ours would be primed for 10 years. We add a FA at the end of next season and start trading in any gaps because 26 onwards we're pushing for finals with a brilliant young list.

Its only 1 more year and we can have our list totally ready. Dont throw it away now.

Last edited:
Going to go with my idea of the dream, as usual i want height added to this list.

Trade 1
In North - 4, 25
In Adel - 2, 40
Locks up Draper for the crows while keeping a solid position for us.

Trade 2
In North - 6, Lukosius 195, Rosas 180
In GC - Norths F1, 25

Free Agent
Membrey 188

Draft
4 - Smillie 194
6 - Trainor 194
22 - Armstrong 195 / J.Whitlock 200
58 - Sims 199/ Gerryn 199

More than happy to end up with a bunch of talls this year especially ones with such flexibility.
Shoot away haters :)

Pick 2 will get us either FOS or Draper both perfect for our list, i wouldn't be giving that up. Our F1 could be Sharp or Ludowyke at this stage, again wouldn't be giving that up.

I know we all want to see improvement but we have a chance to set this list up in the next 2 drafts. Imagine for a moment we get FOS/Draper and Gerreyn (fwd/ruck) then Ludowyke (key fwd) next year.

We'll see natural improvement in our team just given its current age profile, plus getting Logue and Goater back is like getting 2 quality recruits in. Logue allows Chom fwd which is better balance.

Houston might be handy, but we have a number of players who can take that role. We might play FOS from there, Powell, Bergman, Hardeman, Goater or even George if all works out. Goad is a super slow cook, so perhaps trading him back to his home state with a F2 works. I wouldn't be giving away anything more than for the Houston 'instant improvement'.

Yes it might mean a bottom 4 finish next year. It probably will be with or with Houston or other 'quick fixes'. But that list ours would be primed. We add a FA at the end of next season and start trading in any gaps because 26 onwards we're pushing for finals will a brilliant young list.

Its only 1 more year and we can have our list totally ready. Dont throw it away now.

Apparently Houston is staying.

2 and F1 should.both be off limits, which rules out Houston. If we are interested I'm curious as to how we'd try and get it done (maybe Powell and picks? But think he's fairly settled in Melbourne)
Not if you split 2 with the tigers when (eg 6/9 and 13) they gather all their firsts for Bolton, riol, baker

Send one of those firsts and 22 for houston

Keep the other first

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back