Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Were your eyes shut for the first three quarters?
Only a half, daicos moved off the ball in the third and will didn't go with him. This is part of the reason he can't tag. He then had to stay out there otherwise daicos would've moved straight back in. Cooked himself and subbed himself, the other reason why he can't tag. He's also not suited to tagging some of the best eg; bont. He did do a good job, for a half but daicos got away because Will couldn't go with him and ended up with 29 and 2 and we subbed out a mid who was cooked in the third.

Only a half, daicos moved off the ball in the third and will didn't go with him. This is part of the reason he can't tag. He then had to stay out there otherwise daicos would've moved straight back in. Cooked himself and subbed himself, the other reason why he can't tag. He's also not suited to tagging some of the best eg; bont. He did do a good job, for a half but daicos got away because Will couldn't go with him and ended up with 29 and 2 and we subbed out a mid who was cooked in the third.
So if the coaches keep him in the midfield it’s his fault?

What about against Clarry?

So if the coaches keep him in the midfield it’s his fault?

What about against Clarry?
Daicos would've run him up the ground and back a couple of times and cooked him if will had gone half back and the coaches knew it. Half back against a bloke with a hall pass to do whatever he wants is far more demanding on cardio than centre square. He kept Oliver quiet but he's having his worst season since debuting and is not fit.

Tired Baby GIF

Geez not great if he is dropped again. Just seems to be the odd man out at the moment. It would be good if he signed to boost his confidence

His axing is not a great surprise (for me anyway)
Not looking good for Will.
I’d offer him 1 year with trigger for a second, but if he gets a better offer elsewhere, I think we will facilitate a trade.
A early second rounder would be a massive win.
Maybe we can use him to move up the draft order with something going back the other way.

His axing is not a great surprise (for me anyway)
Not looking good for Will.
I’d offer him 1 year with trigger for a second, but if he gets a better offer elsewhere, I think we will facilitate a trade.
A early second rounder would be a massive win.
Maybe we can use him to move up the draft order with something going back the other way.
Not great signs. Happy to give him a deal like you said. I just don't see a good match up on Treloar, Bont or Richards this week. Struggled last time from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed his axing doesn't look good, especially with Sheezel out too. I think he is used as trade bait...

Agreed his axing doesn't look good, especially with Sheezel out too. I think he is used as trade bait...
Looks like it. It's sad. Perhaps we could move pick 40 into the late 20's. Gets us a look at a Gerreyn, Mraz, O'Farrell, Tauru or Hynes. Might be a win/win for both parties. He can move on without the pressure of pick 3 and get regular game time.
Looking back at the Dees draft/trade history they moved on high picks Toumpas and Watts (drafted Fritsch), it happens.

Writing on the wall for Will.

Unfortunately Clarko doesn’t rate him.

As we’ve seen, Clarko doesn’t necessarily get everything right either.

Good luck to the kid.
You can't survive five possessions in a half playing inside mid when the team is overrun. He certainly can't feel hard done by.

Looks like it. It's sad. Perhaps we could move pick 40 into the late 20's. Gets us a look at a Gerreyn, Mraz, O'Farrell, Tauru or Hynes. Might be a win/win for both parties. He can move on without the pressure of pick 3 and get regular game time.
Looking back at the Dees draft/trade history they moved on high picks Toumpas and Watts (drafted Fritsch), it happens.
High draft picks don't always work out. It happens.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We will get next to nothing in a trade. Some expectations need to be lowered.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rival recruiters are telling me that they're waiting on twisties to go on sale at half price to make it happen.

It's unfortunate but yeah I doubt we'd get a whole lot in a trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back