List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

If I'm offering up a top 4 pick for a player, I'm wanting an absolute game changer type.
I agree with you in principle but I think the “game changer” types are the ones opposition clubs ask for 2 first round picks for.

Darling only if one year contract plus triggers for 2nd. The guy is finished but a fresh environment may envigorate him. We are ****ing desperate unfortunately.
Parker 100%. Can still probably get at least 2-3 years from him. Has a fantastic attitude and is a warrior.
Keep pick 2 and get the best available player. Once Tassie comes in it’ll be hard getting hold of elite talent for a few years.

He's had a good year in the VFL and I wouldn't be surprised if he took McNeil or Vandermeer's spots next year - will be interesting to see which way he goes
He's an entertaining player to watch - gone at around 15 touches, 5 tackles and a goal and a half a game in VFL

Glad to hear he's not stagnated, it's a hard gig getting into the Dogs forward line.

I would have thought with a functioning forward line we get at least another three goals a game instead of that shit show we had this year.
So many times, there was vision of the whole fwd line, and it was as stagnant af.
Nobody working for each other, no blocks, leading lanes closed because a lazy fwd or 3 aren't moving, just all the players waiting for a dump kick.

Shocking really.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houston isn't going to go from a team that can't win finals to a club that doesn't play finals. But I don't mind stirring the pot.

I don't like that we are being linked to anyone with a pulse, I prefer players we are interested in being kept internal until there is any kind of progress on them. I'll be honest, I am not a huge fan of how Rawlings has performed to date and I think some managers use him/our club to bolster their contract negotiation talks.

It generally isn't a good look for the club to be named as chasing players and for them not going to your club, it tarnishes the club's image and impacts future players desire to go somewhere if it is constantly being rejected.

I am not sure if media is making stuff up or if it is an issue with how we operate, but I think something has to change. If media is making shit up or managers are making shit up then we should call it out publicly to out them when they do that and I think if there is s case of information leaking out prematurely, something should be done to reign that in because you don't hear a lot of rumours of some clubs and they get deals done, they are obviously doing things differently to us.

So many times, there was vision of the whole fwd line, and it was as stagnant af.
Nobody working for each other, no blocks, leading lanes closed because a lazy fwd or 3 aren't moving, just all the players waiting for a dump kick.

Shocking really.

Personally I blame larkey for most of the dump kicks on his head. He's not leading.

If I'm offering up a top 4 pick for a player, I'm wanting an absolute game changer type.
Absolutely I agree, but the point I make is Houston and Parker in our starting line up along with others, would be a huge stepup....and could propel us to mid table and pushes our pick much later after f/s academy etc. Ive heard some say next year's draft isn't particularly strong. Always a gamble, but one I would make for Houston, but one Poort are probably unlikely to agree to, not just because they have an idea of the above, but just because they're a cunch of bunts.

He's had a good year in the VFL and I wouldn't be surprised if he took McNeil or Vandermeer's spots next year - will be interesting to see which way he goes
He's an entertaining player to watch - gone at around 15 touches, 5 tackles and a goal and a half a game in VFL

He and Sheezel ran amok together in the forward line at Sandy. Any idea of his speed / agility, didn’t strike me as super quick in his draft year?

Pretty ordinary stat's.
24 years old 199cm 82kg
Unfortunately he's so unknown it's probably not made up.
Sigh
Mid season draft pickup 2022. Did an ACL mid last year and only just came back towards the end of the year. Showed a lot of promise right before he did it.

Probably won’t get another contract with us because we’re tight on list spots but you could do a lot worse.

Heard you guys have made enquiries around Hunter from Melb, Clarke from WB, Konstanty from Syd and Kuek from Freo
Brady rings every player from every club at this time of yr and waits or hopes someone picks up lol

I feel like I am back at Primary school and it’s lunch time and a scrap game of footy is being set up. 2 Captains and 40 blokes up against a wall. Alternate picks as the best talent is grabbed quickly and decisively. It’s now down to the dregs and the final 4 are left, not so much to be picked, but taken to make up the numbers.

It’s like Brady & Clarko are left with the cream of the channel 7 reporting team to pick from. Tom Brown, Mark Steven’s, Mitch Cleary and Hamish (Wikipedia) McLachlan. Slim pickings indeed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I've said, if we proceed with this it's an admission of total failure of the senior playing group at the football club imo.

The time for recruiting 32 and 33 year olds for next season on the basis of "experience" only should be long in the rear view mirror imo.

What are we paying the following the big bucks for then?

Corr (31)
McDonald (30)
Tucker (28)
Fisher (27)
Larkey (27)
Logue (27)
Simpkin (27)
Zurhaar (27)
Xerri (26)
LDU (26)

Almost half the starting 22 will have been in the system for close to a decade next season.

A big chunk of the above should be on the trade block if we go this route, as they clearly aren't providing leadership, professional example etc and more than half of them certainly aren't earning their pay cheques on the ground based on their performances....

We might sign LDU and Zurhaar on a combined $1.8-$2m a season within a few months of each and we are going out looking for 30+ year olds to set examples for our younger players?

What?!

Not sure how you manage to put Xerri and LDU on that list. LDU just turned 25 and Xerri 25 a few months before him. Both do their jobs week in and week out.

Really?

I expect there to be disgruntled in every thread.

in fact I think it is a pretty long way until we get a gruntled thread.

The affect of the cumulative losses year on year has ground down a lot of posters who have typically held reasonable views.

I feel like our fanbase sits pretty consistently somewhere between apathy and anger.

Nothing matters now except Ws. everything else is noise.

Which is why, trades that appear pretty lacklustre feed disgruntled outlooks. We can't win on game day, we can't win at the trade table. We have been stuck here for 5 years and the realistic outlook is what? we may move a couple of spots if we substantially improve?
mate, I get the frustration about where we are as club - I'm no happier than anybody else, but in the absence of going back in time, there's not much to be done other than the here and now. My take on events is that the club was badly misgoverned at the end of 2016 when Scott was allowed to repeat his attempt at building a side from the top down; it nearly worked with waite-del santo-Higgins, but having not quite got there, it was a time for another direction (and another coach).

The descent into derision began at that moment - the missed mega recruits followed - Martin, Kelly, Gaff - and then Scott got to walk away and leave us to carry the can. Years of instability ensue - 6 years of it (seasons 2017-2022).

The current regime of Hood-Watts-Clarkson-Viney are two years on, correcting a generational mess, and on that account, they probably need more time. Right now, we're apparently trying to get two quality but past their prime players in Darling and Parker without (I hope) compromising our draft hand. So in the grand scheme of things, I'm on the side of thinking that's a reasonable if unspectacular strategy, even if like lots of others, Darling in particular will need to turn up and put in.

Some posters are going to get a severe case of RSI if they keep so vigorously trying to polish the t*rd that is Jack Darling. Well past his best as a player and is questionable from a character perspective - he had major red flags in his draft year.

But hey, at least he'll be able to teach the younger players how to observe perfect form when doing Zottman curls in the gym.
Wow, I hope you never did anything stupid 15 years ago

Mid season draft pickup 2022. Did an ACL mid last year and only just came back towards the end of the year. Showed a lot of promise right before he did it.

Probably won’t get another contract with us because we’re tight on list spots but you could do a lot worse.
Oh boy and we love worse.

Have made an art form of worse.

Personally I blame larkey for most of the dump kicks on his head. He's not leading.
From memory he's ranked quite highly for marks on the lead in comparison to the rest of the comp. He does have that annoying habit of standing there and calling for it, but I think the more pressing question is, 'why the **** are the rest of our forwards going where the ball isn't?'

But if the trade went ahead, Harley might have been just what Melbourne needed to make the 8 and possibly even go deep into September.

So hypothetical outcomes aren't always a reflection of reality.
Look how much jerking off there is to this years draft? Of course its a gamble but hindsight might strike again IF the top 20 are strong

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back