Player Watch #29: Will Phillips

Remove this Banner Ad

He can tackle and pressure better than Stephenson is really what I am saying, thus on that criteria alone he is a better prospect.
He can't because he can't run, otherwise he'd already be playing or resting there. He doesn't even rest there in the VFL, no chance at all. It's inside mid or nothing.

I wasn't off Powell :p

But idk with Will. I've always had huge amounts of hope and confidence he will make it. Bloody hope he proves all the doubter's wrong
Theres no doubt he’s Having a bit of a stinker but he’s not alone. Ive witnessed with my mince pies that he can play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is this “he cant run” s**t?
He can run better than me. He can't run to an acceptable level to play full time mid or high half forward. He's played one okay game all year and that was in the VFL. I hope to **** he plays a heap more in a row and we see some 30+ and some goals games. If he can't do that then no club will take him next year.

He can run better than me. He can't run to an acceptable level to play full time mid or high half forward. He's played one okay game all year and that was in the VFL. I hope to * he plays a heap more in a row and we see some 30+ and some goals games. If he can't do that then no club will take him next year.
He’ll be on our list next year.

I still (hope) to believe.
One thing I have noticed in all the games I’ve watched WilPhil play is that he gets pinned holding the ball quite often. Maybe it’s because he’s in the guts playing in congestion or he lacks strength to shrug off a tackle or slow at take off.
I saw that in the practice games , AFL level & on Sunday’s VFL where he did play well mind you .

One thing I have noticed in all the games I’ve watched WilPhil play is that he gets pinned holding the ball quite often. Maybe it’s because he’s in the guts playing in congestion or he lacks strength to shrug off a tackle or slow at take off.
I saw that in the practice games , AFL level & on Sunday’s VFL where he did play well mind you .
He’s still young and raw, completed 1 full pre season.

Cunners and LDU were similar in their first few years.

Cunners and LDU were similar in their first few years.
We’ve been blessed with Wardlaw Daicos and Sheez in the past few years in the league who can come in and make an immediate impact and play AFL right from the get go. It would be nice but most need development years. I mean how many years was it before Petracca started dominating?

I never compared him to Petracca, I used him as an example that some players take time in developing their craft.

Stop trying to twist my words to make an argument
Yeah, its ridiculous.

A whole bunch of strong junior players got to the AFL and weren't strong enough for about three to five years into their careers.

Those North players (LDU and Cunners) got the same shit on here that Will is getting now. Doesn't mean he'll make it, he's been poor this season so far, just that the same comments have been wrong before and when this gets pointed out people sook.

LOL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back