Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

5:15 pm twilight is an odd time, thought they were usually 4:35 pm?
4.35 is the H+A slot because it leads directly into the 7.30pm FTA gmae

Ch7 always want the games to start as late as possible in finals to maximise $$$, and 5.15 is about as late as Brisbane can play and still fly home that night. If we were playing a VIC team the game would be at 7.30.

4.35 is the H+A slot because it leads directly into the 7.30pm FTA gmae

Ch7 always want the games to start as late as possible in finals to maximise $$$, and 5.15 is about as late as Brisbane can play and still fly home that night. If we were playing a VIC team the game would be at 7.30.

I get the concept and that Bris are given the option to fly back that night. Just never seen a 5:15pm final before.

Make Andrews accountable, was it just me or did Cameron have a quiet game ? Neale might play sore with that foot injury.
Take the game away from them early. They just reek of arrogance, knock it out of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Montagna said the winner out of last nights game should go on and win the flag.

No chance weā€™ll be favourites in the media
That is just so disrespectful though.

Not just to us but even more so to Sydney. Like seriously he is saying ā€œhey Sydney, you know that team you have beat 3 times already this year and that other team that barely snuck by you on their home deck, yeah. Well if you play them again they are favorites against you because reasons.ā€

Insane take.

IN: Stewart, SDK
OUT: Bews, Mullin

Brisbaneā€™s backline looked very vulnerable last night and we can match them in the middle. Neale seemed to aggravate a foot injury in the final minutes last night. McCluggage is the danger man, if we are asking Atkins to play an accountable role Iā€™d send him to McC.

Need at least a couple of A grade performances from our gun smalls - Stengle, Miers, Close, Mannagh and Dempsey.

Like the idea of having Blitz and SDK both available to take Daniher, and comfortable with Zuthrie on Charlie.

I don't think Tuohy has played VFL since he joined the club - suggesting he'll be dropped is pretty fanciful stuff.

There is going to be one player that is super stiff to miss out.

For me that comes down to SDK or Tuohy.

We had issues with small forwards during the regular season and CS has recalled Bews from Coventry to play that role. Given we face Cameron and then could face either Papley/Rioli who both tore us a new one in the regular season when Bews wasn't playing, I'm expecting Bews to stay in.

Brisbane with their two ruckman sized key forwards and Sydney playing 3 key forwards would both help the selection case for SDK.

Humphries has come in and performed better than Tuohy.

Hawkins is the 24 version of Mooney, it's harder for CS to be ruthless with players that he has a long relationship with but Tuohy could well be the 24 version of Milburn.

Given Brisbane are an older, more finals-experienced team with bigger bodies, slower than GWS, I think thatā€™ll mean we back in our experienced guys Duncan, Bews, Touhy as sub. Blics to Daniher, Stanley on McKinerney, Bews on Cameron. Henry to Hipwood. Atkins to mind Neale.
No room for Mullin or SDK.
Stewart for Mullin the only change.

I feel like thereā€™s a bit too much optimism around us

Im trying to remain humble.

Bris accomplished something serious last night and they could very well do it again

Will it go 3-0 in our favour in PFs against Brisbane?

We're a game away from our 20th Grand Final, after demolishing the 2nd ranked side by 14 goals on their home deck.

We may not win, but we're entitled to be confident about our chances, especially in a 2-horse race after a week off with a healthy list.

Out
Hawkins
Parfitt
Conway
O'Connor
Clark
SDK (maybe)

In
Stanley
Humphries
Neale
Mannagh
Bews (maybe)
Touhy (maybe)
Mullin(maybe)
mannagh is a huge in there as is not having to carry parfitt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back