Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Talent level may be comparable, that is debatable.

But one thing that is undoubted:

Scott vs Fagan is a huge mismatch in our favour.

I have a quiet chuckle to myself every time they show Fagan cheerleading from the interchange bench during games. Who is actually dealing with in game tactics for Brisbane? Because cheerleader Fagan can’t be doing it effectively from the bench.

Absolutely - give me Chris "smiling assassin" Scott to the emotional Fagan or Hinkley any day.

As to talent I think a few here are doing us a disservice.
As they say a Champion Team will always beat a team of Champions.
We have the talent but we also have a master coach and a team that is predictable to each other and gelling at the right time of the year.
We are in this right up to our necks...............

lol- this is just not true. Very good footballer who works hard every game.
We may have lucked out a bit because he’s seems not to be 100 %.
He's a good player, but he absolutely plays for frees and/or exaggerates contact.

That time Rohan hit him in the chest and he got up holding his jaw before signalling "three weeks" with his fingers was a particularly galling example.

Rohan, of course, got 3 weeks just as Lachie wanted.

Port are 2 wins away from a flag, whereas Hawks are at least 26 games away.

That's a pretty uncharitable interpretation of what I wrote.

Despite going down on the weekend because of a few missed goals, Hawthorn's trajectory is heading upwards while Port's has peaked and is heading downwards.

They might snag a slag this year, it's fairly even, but I don't think they're going to improve markedly unless something changes.

Despite going down on the weekend because of a few missed goals, Hawthorn's trajectory is heading upwards while Port's has peaked and is heading downwards.

They might snag a slag this year, it's fairly even, but I don't think they're going to improve markedly unless something changes.
Snag a slag…. Haha. I prefer a lady, anyway hawks trajectory not necessarily linear. I remember my Melbourne mate said after 2018 that Dees had a better future… younger list and on the up etc…
Well 2019-2024
Cats- 1 cup, Dees 1 cup
Cats- 2 GF’s, Dees 1
Cats- 5 prelims, Dees 1
So it’s hard to know how it will swing, but yeah looks good for hawks, but there are a few teams we can say that about .

The port game reminded me of the game we played against WB in Geelong about 6 weeks ago, but in reverse.

We were way closer than we should have been at half time in that game, and it felt inevitable that WB would kick away (which they did).

The game against port felt the same. We were only 20 points up at half time, but it felt like we had already broke them open.

I wouldn’t say it took us a half to throw off port. I would say it was inevitable way before half time that we were winning that game, barring something unforeseen.

That "something unforseen" is a comeback. The momentum can change, despite feeling we have them early. We seen this with Bris trailing by 44 points, and Port coming from behind. Finals are different, especially with increased desperation when the door is slamming on you, underestimate no one.

Poort had a younger side on the weekend. Had a good year Hawthorn but that means nothing come rd1 2025. As for snagging a slag, I don’t know any girls from Adelaide so I’ll leave that one alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just realised all the teams left will be looking for revenge on us, Brisbane losing 20’ and 22’ PF against us, PA for losing to us in QF and 07’ and Sydney for losing to us in GF 22’.
Glass 1/2 full is we have some sort of psychological advantage over all of them.

Player by player, Lions are surely a more talented list.
We drop off badly minus Dangerfield - there is no player out of their structure that renders them very gettable, even Neale.
Danger out of our team-I don’t want to even consider it.
Daniher or Andrews, big time. And absolutely Neale.

I just realised all the teams left will be looking for revenge on us, Brisbane losing 20’ and 22’ PF against us, PA for losing to us in QF and 07’ and Sydney for losing to us in GF 22’.

Tbf, most sides would be looking at revenge on us.

We've humiliated a lot of them over the years.

We have more one sided "rivalries" than anyone in the league.

Previews on the main board make me realise how many clubs that we don't even think about hate us tbh, with this week's one being another classic example.

#weareeveryonesgrandfinal

I've been wrong before! But I honestly can't see us losing this match. Especially with how we performed against Port and having the additional week off. Plus its at the G. I will be very upset if we lose.

Also how did Harris Andrews not end up at the tribunal for his high contact on Coniglio ?

I've been wrong before! But I honestly can't see us losing this match. Especially with how we performed against Port and having the additional week off. Plus its at the G. I will be very upset if we lose.

Also how did Harris Andrews not end up at the tribunal for his high contact on Coniglio ?

The umps will be against us but if we're good enough it won't matter.

Do we have a player on the list that could sacrifice playing in the GF, but could do a Sniper job on the night if we need it... LOL

Gone are those days I think... and I'm not sure Lions have a player that can tear a game apart tbh.

On GF day, if Swans make it, Heeney can definitely win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back