Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I just realised all the teams left will be looking for revenge on us, Brisbane losing 20’ and 22’ PF against us, PA for losing to us in QF and 07’ and Sydney for losing to us in GF 22’.
The last 3 finals we've played were against the other 3 teams remaining.

The smallest margin of victory was 71 points

Do we have a player on the list that could sacrifice playing in the GF, but could do a Sniper job on the night if we need it... LOL

Gone are those days I think... and I'm not sure Lions have a player that can tear a game apart tbh.

On GF day, if Swans make it, Heeney can definitely win it.
Yeah I would be putting the hardest tag and the hardest tackles on Heeney if we meet them in the Grandy.

I just realised all the teams left will be looking for revenge on us, Brisbane losing 20’ and 22’ PF against us, PA for losing to us in QF and 07’ and Sydney for losing to us in GF 22’.
Comes with the Territory. I don't mind if we're even more hated after this Saturday let alone in about 10 days time

Given Scott won't be able to come to terms with dropping blicavs.

Should we play sdk as sub. It gives us back up for both Stanley and if the tall fowards get away from blicavs and Henry?

Sdk could even give an extra avenue foward if things aren't working there too.

Touhy doesn't offer much as sub.
I agree. He can be played in three positions. And if Brisbane height causes us issues then he can come on for a smaller defender.

Given Scott won't be able to come to terms with dropping blicavs.

Should we play sdk as sub. It gives us back up for both Stanley and if the tall fowards get away from blicavs and Henry?

Sdk could even give an extra avenue foward if things aren't working there too.

Touhy doesn't offer much as sub.

Why would he even consider dropping Blicavs? He’s in form. Can relieve Stanley in the ruck.

I’ve changed my mind several times but are thinking against Bris need to play SDK. Him and Stewart to come in for Bews and Duncan. Duncan to replace Tuohy as the sub.

Unpopular view, but I’d retain Mullin.

Why would he even consider dropping Blicavs? He’s in form. Can relieve Stanley in the ruck.

I’ve changed my mind several times but are thinking against Bris need to play SDK. Him and Stewart to come in for Bews and Duncan. Duncan to replace Tuohy as the sub.

That's not a bad selection...

But who are you playing mullin on? If it's neale then who plays on Cameron and zorko?

Also not sure beating a player who is even more over the hill than Hawkins in a 80 point win counts as form. He did well but he was struggling in previous weeks/months.

Daniher is a completely different proposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a pretty uncharitable interpretation of what I wrote.

Despite going down on the weekend because of a few missed goals, Hawthorn's trajectory is heading upwards while Port's has peaked and is heading downwards.

They might snag a slag this year, it's fairly even, but I don't think they're going to improve markedly unless something changes.
Hawks won't be the unknowns next year- Port has already alerted what needs to be done to thwart them. They'll be more hunted and respected- "expecting" another 6-10 year for them. Well hoping anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back