Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh mate it was terrible feeling so fearful and helpless. Too many broken hearts before and I was “ye of little faith”.. 😢🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

kids these days don't know how good they've got it.

there are common emotional scars experienced by all those Cats fans who went through the pain of 1989-95.

again; character building!

Given Scott won't be able to come to terms with dropping blicavs.

Should we play sdk as sub. It gives us back up for both Stanley and if the tall fowards get away from blicavs and Henry?

Sdk could even give an extra avenue foward if things aren't working there too.

Touhy doesn't offer much as sub.
Blitz got votes last game

I am in immortal 12th dimensional being, I've lived an uncountable number of lives, in an uncountable number of places, in an uncountable variation of forms, within universes that follow a uncountable variation of initial conditions or rules and law of reality. I see events from every possible perspective from events so tiny that no value from the observation could be be gained to events so large all context is lost. As the 1000 monkeys in front of the 1000 typewriters I have made every possible spelling and grammatical mistake.

In most of timelines, when the world resemble this form, Hawthorn drafts Selwood with pick 6. Geelong drafts David Armitage. How could I possibly be be stressed about an event that will occur, is occurring and has occurred a near infinite amount of times. That barely effects a tiny part of one reality, contained in only four dimensions.

It's the Sydney water. They make it hallucinatory to cope with the Real Estate Prices.

Scared Breaking Bad GIF by davidsaracino

It's proven that paper bags only make it worse- re inhaling carbon dioxide.
Unless you're Carlton.

kids these days don't know how good they've got it.

there are common emotional scars experienced by all those Cats fans who went through the pain of 1989-95.

again; character building!
Don't forget 1967- 69. That was horrible too, and a good reason for Richmond hatred.

Wouldn't the answer be to replace Bews, or send him to sub? Watching replay again atm and not convinced Bews, while dour, has the class and flexibilty of SDK. Stewart dropping back gives us the chip out where we're not too tall without Bews.

I think Bews has to play to sit on Charlie Cameron, who he has a good track record against.
For me:
In: Stewart, SDK (Sub)
Out: Mullin, 2E (Unlucky)

We’re in very, very good selection shape when you can leave out Hawkins, C Guthrie, Clark, Knevitt, Hardie and Parfitt. Only really Conway, Rohan and O’Connor unavailable from possible Best 22.
Who would have predicted Mannagh, Humphries and Neal would be automatic selections in a PF this year?
The transition has been stunning and relatively painless, irrespective of the result on Saturday, given the changing of the guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't really believe in us this year but we can't really ask for a much better position to win a PF. Brisbane traveling for a second week in a row, already carrying a few injuries and a bunch of important players look to be struggling while we're well rested.

If we're close at half time we should back ourselves to overrun them.
I look forward to your post in 11 days time…. “I now believe”

I think Bews has to play to sit on Charlie Cameron, who he has a good track record against.
For me:
In: Stewart, SDK (Sub)
Out: Mullin, 2E (Unlucky)

We’re in very, very good selection shape when you can leave out Hawkins, C Guthrie, Clark, Knevitt, Hardie and Parfitt. Only really Conway, Rohan and O’Connor unavailable from possible Best 22.
Who would have predicted Mannagh, Humphries and Neal would be automatic selections in a PF this year?
The transition has been stunning and relatively painless, irrespective of the result on Saturday, given the changing of the guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Want is interesting for me is that we are leaving out (whether 2E or SDK misses) 6 players from the 2022 premiership. 4 of who are listed as available for GF (although Rohan prob not so maybe 3). And MOC wouldn’t play imo even if fit. Maybe not Rohan either

So we up to 5 players who have been “passed by” (ok some of that is due to those players going backwards).

But I do think it is positive that we don’t HAVE to play those players given confidence in the new players who have become best 23

But I do think it is positive that we don’t HAVE to play those players given confidence in the new players who have become best 23
Yes this, our depth is mind boggling at the moment. We’re trying to find players to leave out but not for negative reasons, going into a prelim, against last years grand finalists.

Last edited:
Yes, that's the answer if you take the question literally
It’s also the answer as someone who has seen a million hype teams not go on to the greatness people insisted was inevitable.

Want is interesting for me is that we are leaving out (whether 2E or SDK misses) 6 players from the 2022 premiership. 4 of who are listed as available for GF (although Rohan prob not so maybe 3). And MOC wouldn’t play imo even if fit. Maybe not Rohan either

So we up to 5 players who have been “passed by” (ok some of that is due to those players going backwards).

8 could possibly miss but only 7 in reality - Tuohy, Bews, SDK, Parfitt, Hawkins, Guthrie, MOC, Rohan; amazing really how good our depth is and how certain players have come on. I won’t include Duncan so as not to trigger certain posters 🤠

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back