Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing we say influences ANYTHING that happens on the football field.

People should say what they believe, not operate on some weird karmic optimism/pessimism ledger.
By match time, I always resign myself to that fact. The days leading up to this point are where the anxiety is.

Yes, 07. If I can remember it, it's recent enough
Seems like a lifetime ago. Imagine telling your 2007 self you’d see four flags since. Heaven!

Doubt Holmes would train if he was ill. Sounds like he’s at the end of a cold or flu + trained on his own as a precautionary measure. Scott said after Covid, they’re very strict about isolating.
You could hear Mackie say (when Scott asked him what the issue was) "he had a crook guts yesterday, he's fine." Then later again when Scott was wrapping up his answer, Mack stated again "he's fine."

Now I'm no doctor but what I'm hearing is he's fine

So the Swans it is

And a potential 22 rematch could be on the cards.

Even if we did get there I don’t expect it to be a 22 repeat!
Swans are in the box seat this year, deservedly.
If we win, it'd be a more balanced GF.
If Lions win, will be pretty one-sided as Lions will be stuffed

So the Swans it is

And a potential 22 rematch could be on the cards.

Even if we did get there I don’t expect it to be a 22 repeat!

Cant wait assuming we get it done tomorrow.

Footy needs this GF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we knock off Brisbane, which I think we will...
Sydney are going to be hard to beat. Only consolation is that they played the tired blind school while fresh at home tonight. The MCG is very different to play at.

Interesting Sydney have only played the pies, hawks and richmond there this year. They lost to Richmond.

Had a bit of a thought about the SDK situation. I actually think the Cats are looking past just the Brisbane game and are planning to face Sydney in the GF. Apart from Amartey, the Sydney forward line is pretty small. And SDK might not be athletic enough to play on Amartey. That coupled with Mullin probably being set up for a tagging role on someone like Papley (or Heeney). We've deliberately gone a bit shorter and more mobile in the backline to keep consistency in preparation for next week.
Of course it all comes undone if Brizzy knock us off tomorrow.

Why be nervous now?
I was nervous 8 weeks ago when I thought we'd screwed our whole season by letting Carlton smash us.

Now its just a case of .... Let's goooooooo

The Carlton clash was 3 months ago

So if you were nervous 8 weeks ago, that’s when we started winning again…why would you be nervous then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2nd Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Sat Sept 21 2024 515pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back