Preview 2nd Qual Final - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people are underselling Port in a game where they will have a full home ground of supporters while our players have been in empty stadiums for weeks.

Crowd is going to play a part with some contentious umpiring decisions and this will be closer than it should be.
Only 15000 capacity

Why?

he made a good point. The bye is a point of difference for many of the results. I’m not sure it’s the sole explanator though.

I dont think its the sole explanator but stats say we are markedly worse off a bye. The quick turnaround this week could actually help us.

It just happened to hit at 3 quarter time did it? Sorry Scotty, not buying that bullshit.

Why not - could have been something he ate before the match

Or he could have been a bit under the weather prior to the match but thought he'd be fine - it does happen where sportsmen/sportswomen have played when under the weather and dealing with that issue

I would prefer no Higgins- suspect something nqr with him given the number of rests he's had.

I think we were just resting him bc of his age and the fact that we were playing interstate this week.

In any case higgins will come in imo so im interested in opinions on who he will come in for.

Yes Cam has a bit of the Tom Mitchell’s about him now, just stat gathering no matter how or where he gets it or it goes (I’m still glad he’s on our team). They have Wines who does similar, kicks it anywhere.
Gets a lot of cheapies. Sometimes to the detriment of others who have worked harder to get free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we were just resting him bc of his age and the fact that we were playing interstate this week.

In any case higgins will come in imo so im interested in opinions on who he will come in for.
Fair enough.
Sorry I don't have an opinion on that one.
Unless he is a big occasion player who shines in finals, I would not select him right now.

I just have a vague memory we had Dahlhaus in the middle in the last quarter against Port in a Final over there for some reason... and we got smashed a few times. It was a bad move.

Fair enough.
Sorry I don't have an opinion on that one.
Unless he is a big occasion player who shines in finals, I would not select him right now.

I think given his experience and the fact that his form has improved recently we will definitely select higgins. Finals are what we bought him for makes no sense not to use him.

Would you be tempted to play Narkle over Dahlhaus? To play as an extra mid rotation and play as the small forward....
No

Dahlhaus has his limitations, but he's in the side to play a role with a primary focus on pressure and not making things easy for opposition defences. While it would be good to see him kick the ball 50m, one thing that can't be doubted about his game is he's willingness to bring pressure & put his body in spots that others wouldn't necessarily

Narkle has his positives, but he's biggest weakness is the lack of defensive side to his game and how there's times he just looks so disinterested when it comes to having to chase & apply pressure

That's one change I wouldn't make

Needs a big finals series.
Far too prone to going missing in these big matches.
Averages 27-30 touches during H&A only to come out and get it 20 times.
He is better in finals than most of our players.

Their (small) forward line could explode this week
If Fantasia plays, along with Rozee, Gray, Butters, Motlop - it could really open us up.
And that's not to mention their tall forwards.

In : Higgins Ratagolea
Out : Miers Kolo

Need a more mobile backline to combat Motlop, Butters, Rozee and Fantastia.

Need ruck support for Stanley and another marking forward to keep Aliir occupied and away from Hawkins.

Atkins Blicavs Henderson
Bews Henry O'Connor
Smith C Guthrie Menegola
Dalhaus Cameron Higgins
Close Hawkins Rohan
Stanley Dangerfield Selwood
Holmes Ratagolea
Simpson Parfitt
Medical sub : Miers
Miers was terrible the other night but he can kick goals. Dahlhaus provides forward defensive pressure but little else. I'd drop Dahlhaus and Simpson, keep Miers and bring in Narkle who is much better ball handler than all of them. We could have done with an extra midfielder like Narkle against Melbourne.

Only 15000 capacity
Which honestly is big. Compared to 55k screaming the house down, best chance yet to win a final over there. No excuses imo

Chris Scott or Selwood (can't remember which one) said as much on AFL360, they expected to stay in Adelaide for two days to see how results landed, then expected to be off to Perth regardless of win or lose (my guess being that all AFL clubs going to Perth move at the same time hence the wait).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back