Preview 2nd Qual Final - Port Adelaide vs Geelong - Friday 7:50

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im curious to know how were Stronger Last year? The inclusion of allir Has Been a Huge improvement For Our side in my opinion.

Also, i can See this Game going one of Two ways, us in a Close Thriller, or you in a blowout. Heres Hoping For Option 1..
Its interesting with Port, Rockliff was one of your best against us in the QF last season, but I think Aliir offers more to your team.
I don't think Port are significantly better or worse as a result.
Obviously its an outsiders perspective but I think while you get more from Aliir in defence, your midfield drops off a bit with no Rockliff and so the difference overall is negligible.

Its interesting with Port, Rockliff was one of your best against us in the QF last season, but I think Aliir offers more to your team.
I don't think Port are significantly better or worse as a result.
Obviously its an outsiders perspective but I think while you get more from Aliir in defence, your midfield drops off a bit with no Rockliff and so the difference overall is negligible.
See what your saying, But dont think Losing rockliff really Costs us. with the rise of Wines. Boak getting better with age, Drew is super underrated, and throw SPP in there. Imo Inside mids For us Seem to be abundant, a good intercepting Defender however was something we were screaming For Last year. And aliir is fantastic at his role. Appreciate the Outsider opinion however. Heres Hoping For a competitive Game.

Wow a grab in one game.

how does that mean he is good for almost a goal a game?

I said he is just about good for a goal a game.

He has 23 goals/assists (i.e directly contributing to a goal) in 19 games. That doesn't include the fact he averages 4.5 score involvements a game. And it doesn't involve things like during the last time we played Port he made a massive gut run they opened up Port, and he kicks it to Cameron who should have kicked the goal for another assist, but he handballed to Rohan who scored.

No assist there, yet it was Closes pressure, gut running into space and then his set up kick that sealed the game last time we played Port. He made that goal happen yet it comes under a "score involvement".

Close can impact this final this week in a way Esava simple can't based on their form over the whole season.

1629713256852.png

On 360 Scotty was asked why Danger spent most of the last quarter on the bench. His response was he was crook. Plain and simple

Anybody that wasn’t worried now should be.

Yeah when pressed, Scott said he couldn’t really go into much detail in this timeslot.

Maybe a dodgy curry or a kick to the nurry.

He also said he expects to head west regardless of the result. Sounds like week 2 onwards is Perth.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On 360 Scotty was asked why Danger spent most of the last quarter on the bench. His response was he was crook. Plain and simple

The way Scott said that makes me think he went off with the squirts, especially since he said he can't say what he has during this timeslot (i.e "he had the shits" comes to mind).

Doesn't sound like he had the flu or covid etc.

See what your saying, But dont think Losing rockliff really Costs us. with the rise of Wines. Boak getting better with age, Drew is super underrated, and throw SPP in there. Imo Inside mids For us Seem to be abundant, a good intercepting Defender however was something we were screaming For Last year. And aliir is fantastic at his role. Appreciate the Outsider opinion however. Heres Hoping For a competitive Game.

Can't say I have seen enough of your team to be an authority here, but I think Aliir has been amazing in the matches I have seen and it also looks like you get a fair bit out of Drew, Rozzee and Jonas.

The way he answered and his follow up made it clear Danger was ill, not injured.

That does explain it but hopefully hes not crook this week we will really need him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins will come in (i know a lot of people wont like it but it will happen) for probably either simpson or close and if either tuohy or duncan are fit they will bump holmes out (gee he looks like a good player though).

The other one that will be discussed is sav given port play 2 rucks but id prefer we didnt take the extra tall in i think we need more run.

I didn't watch tonight, but if he said crook that would make he think that Dangerfield was unwell/ill - like others said maybe he ate something that didn't agree with him

If he was injured I'd think that's different to being crook

Yeah when pressed, Scott said he couldn’t really go into much detail in this timeslot.

He also said he expects to head west regardless of the result. Sounds like week 2 onwards is Perth.

Sickness of the baby cow can be uncomfortable. It’s ducks and drakes.

Lachy Young from th e Geelong Addy just tweeted that. Also in his article he reported that Simon Lloyd said Danger has been cleared of any injury.

7-1 loss to win ratio in our last 8 first finals.

and the 1 was an after the siren win thanks to smith playing a hawthorn team that was on its knees and struggling to play out the season.

will the time be different?

will we do another brain fart at the selection table. Been some whoopers for these first finals. Dropping our only ruck west, subbing chapman, dropping our 40 goal foward Menzel cos of fears of rain that did not eventuate, dropping Stanley against Grundy despite him performing quite well earlier in the year against him only to watch Blicavs get murdered by him.

and then there has been all the games where we simply don’t show up to get flogged in the first qtr.

always results in us playing catch up for thé rest of the finals series.

will the ninth time finally be the charm?

is it all just a giant coincident and we just have bad luck? My t Stat says no but who listens to statistical analysis. not me.
The only item you have not factored in is the bye; we are not going to have long to stew over the loss, and the errors will be in the forefront of their minds- best way to be imho.

Mate Stanley was one of the main reasons we were 44 points up.
I think people have been way too harsh on him for this. Gawn will get his 5th AA this week in a position that rarely gets more than 1 spot selected. You simply can’t expect your B grade rucks to be fully competitive with him for a full match.

Aside from the obvious - it's a final AND Hawkins 300 - im really looking forward to seeing how Holmes goes in the fire of a final.
Guy has a serious career ahead of him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him come on and take the next step earlier than many of us think... could be a great finals series from him, all things considered.

I thought they would have been even money.

It's was virtually even money when the odds opened yesterday.
Port were $1.80 and Geelong were $1.95 but public money has come in for Port Adelaide driving our odds out to $2.12.

We have won 1 out of 8 last first finals. That isnt a coincidence. It has to factor into betting odds. Especially given our fade out on Saturday reminded a lot of punters of our weaknesses being exposed in those finals.

And also the heartbreak Port Adelaide felt losing by a kick in the preliminary final last year. Young teams often go one better after such heavy defeats.

Aside from the obvious - it's a final AND Hawkins 300 - im really looking forward to seeing how Holmes goes in the fire of a final.
Guy has a serious career ahead of him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him come on and take the next step earlier than many of us think... could be a great finals series from him, all things considered.

Agree totally re your opinion of Holmes

He is the most exciting young player that Geel has had in 10 years .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back