2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

nah he deserved it bro 17 wickets and he scored runs as well

Don't think Henry could've done much more. Had a brilliant series.

Found it hard to believe that he was averaging 36 in 23 Tests before this series. A far better cricketer than that.

Yes Hadlee was a king - a rare gem for the kiwis. But even he lacked support. Hadlee rated Greg Chappell the best batsman he ever bowled to and Chappell once said - They have Hadlee but who will control me at the other end? This has often been the story of kiwi cricket - 1 really top bowler but too many who let the opposition off the chain.

Southee must surely have looked over at that dugout a number of times today at Wagner and thought my goodness I wish I had that bloke out here.

Even with the bat they lacked it: one more guy to drive the nail into the coffin yesterday and they could have put the game beyond reach but it didn’t happen.

Can you imagine say, a Jadeja with his team 5-down and 250 ahead not putting the opposition away?

Matt Henry with the lofty MOTS prize of $1000 NZD, the equivalent of about tree fiddy in real money
And probably has to split it with the team, so gets them cup of coffee each

yup thats what I want...reckon we are too stagnant up the top

what would the Indian want?....smith ussie nurdling it around for the first 15?.....or the guy who broke there hearts in the World Cup final coming out to smash it at number one ??
Khawajas form has also dropped off a fair bit. Not sure his spot is safe for long.

Head
?
Labs
Green
Smith
Marsh
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Haze

yup thats what I want...reckon we are too stagnant up the top

what would the Indian want?....smith ussie nurdling it around for the first 15?.....or the guy who broke there hearts in the World Cup final coming out to smash it at number one ??
Khawajas form has also dropped off a fair bit. Not sure his spot is safe for long.

Head
?
Labs
Green
Smith
Marsh
Carey
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Haze

Head against a moving ball worries me.

Hmm yes but does he bother you more than Smith?

IDK if that's the answer but it seems to me that we have four slow starters in the top 4 (two of which are horribly out of form, one might retire anytime and the other is just finding his way), then three counter attackers (four if you count Starc) following them.

It's all out of whack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They have no ruthlessness, at least against Australia, they continually let Australia back in the game and we really don't need much, the drop catch of Marsh, perhaps the game right there.

Have no doubt there are mental demons there against Australia, they really need a big win whether that's a test or ICC tournament final, but they keep failing when the time comes.
Agree, and this summer was the only time they have beaten South Africa in a test series and that was their third XI which seems to suggest a southern hemisphere inferiority complex in cricket.

Probably not but as the bloke at the other end I’d probably care a fair bit about my teammate missing out on a well deserved ton. Fair enough if it was mid over but it’s literally one ball and he gets his chance
Not a hope in hell. Get the chase over and done with.

As Carey said in the interview, he didn't want to face up again. Just wanted the runs hit.

Oh right, how many wickets did Haze get in total? Henry also got a handy 101 runs along with his 17 wickets

On Redmi Note 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pretty similar wasn’t it? I know was tossing between green/Haze first test MOTM

Remove this Banner Ad

2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Back