Autopsy 3 things you learnt v essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

He is elite no doubt about it just go back and watch some games from last season ala GC , Dons , BLUES FINAL games just of the top of my head. He is not only mid to have a slow start this year ala Hanners , KJ etc , he is a gun , plus his last few weeks have been right up there. Finished of the Hawks and started us of against the Dons.
I really don't give a toss about this finger pointing stuff as they are grown men and pro athletes gee wiz and I have seen more than once this year Richards , McGlynn , KJ , Hanners , Shaw all finger point so who really cares ( a lot more finger pointing goes on when your there live than what you see on TV from players ). I would rather McVeigh do what he does and give a spray when the heats on as long as he also is putting in rather than have a captain like Cotchin etc that are scared to give there team mates a spray when its needed.
I see NR , Hodge , Selwood all the time finger pointing.
HE is not elite, he's a very good player that's it

Making an example of a 13yro girl, having her publicly hauled away by the police on national tv, it's hardly the way to make a point, any point...so Adam Goodes will have to grin and bear it from opposition supporters.

I'd be furious if an opposition player treated any of our young supporters like that.

How else was she going to learn. People seem to forget that she was the offender not Goodes. As a non Swans supporter I have no issue at all with what he did.

It has happened often enough for me to conclude that he is doing it deliberately.
I stand by my opinion that he is out of form and only there on rep.

The same people that put shit on certain players get on their high horse when it's their favourite copping a bit of criticism.
What is deadset embarrassing is calling for a bloke to be played just because of the salary he's on, when he is injured. GET A GRIP.

Seriously?
I don't put shit on players because it's been pretty clear to me for a long time that these guys have a team first, head first approach and effort is never in question. That's what stands out for me at this club.

I think you're following the wrong club.

Seriously?
I don't put shit on players because it's been pretty clear to me for a long time that these guys have a team first, head first approach and effort is never in question. That's what stands out for me at this club.

I think you're following the wrong club.
Who are you to judge who someone should follow. I pay my membership and am entitled to an opinion about the club or player !

It's his freakin' job. He's captain you know. He's captain because the Swans think he's a great leader and his peers think he's a great player. He is. FFS, he's being described as ordinary even after he has another solid game and kicks 3 goals. Did you not see the hard running he was doing ? How often does he find space to relieve the ball carrier ? As far as I'm concerned he can point and shout as much as he likes.

There has been a bit of an over reaction to the finger pointing comment I made.
I personally don't like the finger pointing because I don't believe it is constructive. Other people obviously disagree.
As for his leadership, if anyone out there can honestly say they would not have a problem with their leaders constantly yelling and finger pointing I would be surprised. There is only one person I permit to finger point and yell, that's my wife and that gets annoying pretty quickly.
Seems a little odd that a bloke that doesn't mind handing out a bit of on the spot criticism is being so vehemently defended for copping a teeny bit of criticism, criticism which I think is entirely justifiable.

As to his form, again, it is my opinion that he is out of form. Being there 'on rep' is not a bad thing. Goodesy is there on rep as well.
I do not believe that his peers think he is a great player or leader, I don't believe he is a 'great' leader and apart from some stand-out games I don't believe he is an elite player...that is just my opinion.

We are going off track here.

People are entitled to express their opinion on players and the club, and yes, that means sometimes being critical, even of players we rate! It doesn't mean that we think they are no good or shouldn't be in the team.

We don't expect everyone to agree all the time (would be a pretty boring board otherwise), but one thing we don't do on this board is tell people how they should support the club.

1. Midfield dominated the first quarter and won the game of their own boots.
2. Swans get the most out of recycled players. Derrickx is improving on a weekly basis.
3. Franklin for kicking straight who knew he could do it……. We don’t need to rely on the one forward each week to kick a bag. Last week Tippett dominated this week Franklin. Also Rampe's bomb from inside the centre square!

There has been a bit of an over reaction to the finger pointing comment I made.
In Goodes and McVeigh, Sydney have 2 of the absolutely elite finger pointers in the league

It's his freakin' job. He's captain you know. He's captain because the Swans think he's a great leader and his peers think he's a great player. He is. FFS, he's being described as ordinary even after he has another solid game and kicks 3 goals. Did you not see the hard running he was doing ? How often does he find space to relieve the ball carrier ? As far as I'm concerned he can point and shout as much as he likes.

I said he wasnt a top 20 player in the league not he is ordinary

He is job is surely not to point shout shrug and sholdours and heckle every team mate who doesnt pass to him i think he overdoes it just my view

is he a good player, yep, is he a good captain yep

has he been as good as his draft position, probably not overall

again just my view

Who are you to judge who someone should follow. I pay my membership and am entitled to an opinion about the club or player !
Judgement is opinion, isn't it?
I think fans searching for reasons to tee off on one of our own is ordinary.
I know you don't rate McVeigh - but it's not you, it's the other bloke saying he deliberately avoids youngsters etc which is crap.
In my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is wrong with you lot, I said McVeigh is a very good player, but he's not elite

this for mine, apart from everyone having an opinion on what planet is mcveigh elite

he isnt even top 5 at his own club

1. Time to get this years Members cap signed by the team as I did in 2012 when I told them it was gonna be a signed PREMIERSHIP cap. :)

2. We still need the AFL God to be on our side, last year he killed us. :-(

3. I'm booking my fares and accommodation in Melbourne for September, this week. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 3 things you learnt v essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back