Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Contested? I think there was pressure, but it was uncontested if my impeccable memory serves correct.

Daniel Pratt - 8998455465416816841161848515131631648413123165484113516168468415161654165165165414165153135165416541564156 - Turnovers

His decision making, disposal and beatability at contested situations is a real concern to the great Apollo.

BUT, did take a pressure mark and deserves a pat on the ass and a place next week.

BUT, Michael Stevens, LOL. How long can we carry you for mate? You looked despondent singing the song mate. Well good on ya, you'll be singing a different tune next week.

GO ROOS>

Stevo has had his chance and failed to excite.
Schwarze, Urch, Perry, even Watson must be given a go ahead of him.
Maybe even recall LeCras as he is in good form and might give us another defensive option against the Saints.

Great grab. Hopefully his confidence will rise after something like this. You have to remember he is still only young and in his first full season of senior footy, some of his skill errors and decision making can hopefully be ironed out in the next 12 months.

Great mark in the dying moments - credit where credit is due. But his handball across goal in the third quarter was a shocking decision - still makes too many mistakes for my liking. But that was a very gutsy mark.

A very ordinary match, if we play like this for the next couple we will struggle to get within ten goals.

Quite a disppointing result when its all said and done.

Not impressed

Well Pratt would've wanted to lift in that last quarter because he probably cost us 3-4 goals during the game by his absurd decision-making & poor skill level. This guy worries me. His last quarter was better - great mark & a few nice handballs under pressure.

Devil Fish said:
Well Pratt would've wanted to lift in that last quarter because he probably cost us 3-4 goals during the game by his absurd decision-making & poor skill level. This guy worries me. His last quarter was better - great mark & a few nice handballs under pressure.

Pratt is good overhead but his other skills are right up there with Picoane. What is worse is that Pratt plays in the backline. Good mark at the right time though.

apollo_creed said:
Contested? I think there was pressure, but it was uncontested if my impeccable memory serves correct.

Daniel Pratt - 8998455465416816841161848515131631648413123165484113516168468415161654165165165414165153135165416541564156 - Turnovers

His decision making, disposal and beatability at contested situations is a real concern to the great Apollo.

BUT, did take a pressure mark and deserves a pat on the ass and a place next week.

BUT, Michael Stevens, LOL. How long can we carry you for mate? You looked despondent singing the song mate. Well good on ya, you'll be singing a different tune next week.

GO ROOS>

He also got the clearance from the bounce that went to Grant to level the score so he had an influence in the last quarter.

I think his game needs some work but I prefer to have players that back themselves than those that do not. If he makes mistakes then so be it, he will learn, do not forget it is his first year really, i dont think Brisbane played him much at all.

Tas said:
He also got the clearance from the bounce that went to Grant to level the score so he had an influence in the last quarter.

I think his game needs some work but I prefer to have players that back themselves than those that do not. If he makes mistakes then so be it, he will learn, do not forget it is his first year really, i dont think Brisbane played him much at all.

again another quality post tas,

id rather have players attacking the ball than those that sit back and wait for it.

the angry pills is also another part of his game we lack in many players, yes i like pratt the rat.

I agree with most the guys

I thought Pratt was really good today to be honest, that mark was very very good under a lot of pressure, he was right in the game and although he made a couple of mistakes, so did Wells!

I like this bloke and with Trotter will turn out to be a great servent of the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The one thing I am liking about him is that he seems to have poise under pressure. His marking is pretty good and seems to be his best asset. He did say at the social club after th egame that Dean had told him to spoil at all contests. Pretty happy he didn't follow the coaches instructions that time.

There are other facets of his game that are a concern - ie. his decision making at times and his disposal, but I think these can be worked and improved. They are not that bad but he needs to be more consistent with his level of skill.

He is a very similar player to Teague and as I said on another thread, only difference is Teague is better at EVERYTHING.

So why does Dean trade for McKernan, giving away Teague and Digby for NOTHING, then recruit an old, similar yet not as talented player the next season. Quite mind boggling. Tunnel's growing on me as a coach.

But his recruiting so far has made Collingwood's work of recent times seem alright.

Pratt isn't young. Like Stevens not a long term option anywhere. To be honest I really like Urch, very impressed from the few times I've seen him, hard can do all the things Daniel can but very importantly long, penetrating, skillful kick.

Pratt actually reads it pretty well in the air and is quite a good spoiler - usually thumps it hard & clears the contest.

If you watch the Port adel game last week, Makey's great last goal to put us in front came from a memorable handball off the ground from Harro'.

But, if you go back a bit, it's a good spoil from Pratt coming over the top of Watt & Treadrea that actually brought the ball to ground to Harro'. If he doesn't make that spoil, Harro' doesn't get the ball & Troy doesn't kick the goal.

Also, loved Pratt's effort today eanly in the last quarter to win the ball on the ground & handball between Prestie's legs to Sav who then gave it on to Boomer for a goal. He does a lot of unhearalded / unnoticed things in a game.

Truly great mark.

Absolutey putrid game up until that contest. I swear he butchered every posession. Doesn't think quickly enough, has poor vision and is not good enough at this stage IMHO.

gokangas said:
Great mark in the dying moments - credit where credit is due. But his handball across goal in the third quarter was a shocking decision - still makes too many mistakes for my liking. But that was a very gutsy mark.

That bloody handball was a shocker!

mighty mick said:
again another quality post tas,

id rather have players attacking the ball than those that sit back and wait for it.

the angry pills is also another part of his game we lack in many players, yes i like pratt the rat.

Ditto. Some players have that hard edge and many others don't. Every club, every season we see somthing that this game DESPERATELY NEEDS, abit of OOMPH and HARDNESS !! Co-hesive teamwork / backing up goes missing too often.

scottywiper said:
Stevo has had his chance and failed to excite.
Schwarze, Urch, Perry, even Watson must be given a go ahead of him.
Maybe even recall LeCras as he is in good form and might give us another defensive option against the Saints.

There is a chance Firrito may get a week as well.
Assuming Simmo is right, him coming in for Smith is a given. Apart from that, we may need a Le Cras or Urch to combat St Kilda's physicality. Hope they don't bring Sansbury in, he was ok for Port Melbourne on the weekend but the last thing we need against St Kilda is another laconic type.

I couldn't care less what other mistakes Pratty made yesterday. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe there. We were off the boil for the most part and should've lost.

BUT............

When his time came to stand up and show genuine NMFC toughness..........HE DID!!! Sensational mark..........game saving and requiring the toughness that he has in spades. Anything he did prior (including THAT handball) paled into insignificance with that one grab.

ONYA Pratty

T'toes

Great grab for mine! Do not know why the man pratt is copping it so hard sure a few mistakes today! What about the contest on the interchange side half forward flank, spoiled a mark got crunched in the tackle, don't how he got the handpass out to rocca, who then gave it off to boomer into an open goal! the first of the five

out_we_come said:
Great grab for mine! Do not know why the man pratt is copping it so hard sure a few mistakes today! What about the contest on the interchange side half forward flank, spoiled a mark got crunched in the tackle, don't how he got the handpass out to rocca, who then gave it off to boomer into an open goal! the first of the five

I agree - I watched the last qtr again on AFL.com last night and Pratt certainly made up for his earlier mistakes:

1. As per your comments - early in last Qtr was front-n-centre to Sav then handballs under two Pies again to Sav who gave to Harvey - Goal

Then in the last hectic 4-5 minutes:

2. Marked a pass from Makey and h/balled to Grant, to Firrito to Sav - goal
3. Took ruck contest from 'ball up' in middle of ground, then 2nd effort to handball to Wells, to Harris, to Grant - goal
4. Takes pressure mark almost in goal square, kicks to Wells (with pinpoint accuracy), to Harvey to Thommo and the rest is history.

Played a part in 4 of the 7 last qtr goals, we know he made two skill errors (kick to O'Bree and h/ball across goals), but very happy he was there at the end.

That shows he can play, and when those errant decisions are right more often will be a valuable player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Back