Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

apollo_creed said:
He is a very similar player to Teague and as I said on another thread, only difference is Teague is better at EVERYTHING.

So why does Dean trade for McKernan, giving away Teague and Digby for NOTHING, then recruit an old, similar yet not as talented player the next season. Quite mind boggling. Tunnel's growing on me as a coach.

But his recruiting so far has made Collingwood's work of recent times seem alright.

Pratt isn't young. Like Stevens not a long term option anywhere. To be honest I really like Urch, very impressed from the few times I've seen him, hard can do all the things Daniel can but very importantly long, penetrating, skillful kick.

Leaving aside the fact Teague and Morell can't even manage regular games with the likely wooden spooners, and that the McKernan/Morell/Teague trade is about bigfooty's most boring subject, might as well just look at your comparison.

Teague: born 5 May 1981, debuted 2001, played about 70 games
Pratt: born 21 March 1983, debuted 2004, played about a dozen games

Teague has had a good run in the seniors at two clubs, including one that has struggled the whole time he's been there, and still doesn't look like making it. Pratt is two years younger and three years later getting a senior start, is only just getting a go now and deserves more senior game time before anyone makes silly judgements.

Pratt makes mistakes but he is learning, as Dean pointed out. That mark was very important under pressure and he was significant in getting the side over the line at the end.

Oh, stuff it, I can't let this go either. We were better off with a new recruit than wasting a spot on Morell or Teague. McKernan was a calculated and cheap risk. If we weren't big winners you'd have to say in retrospect that we didn't do worse than break even either. Get over it.

And don't pm me again btw, you don't know me nearly well enough to invade my real life.

apollo_creed said:
To be honest I really like Urch, very impressed from the few times I've seen him, hard can do all the things Daniel can but very importantly long, penetrating, skillful kick.

Also is injured every second week and regularly puts his ego ahead of the team.

At least you know Pratty will fly the flag for his teammates and do the team thing every single time.

apollo_creed said:
Why do you have one in the first place?

the club wants yours back.

if you cant enjoy the excitement that this club and the players bring

shut the ******** up and let every one else enjoy it

Hearts to hearts said:
Leaving aside the fact Teague and Morell can't even manage regular games with the likely wooden spooners, and that the McKernan/Morell/Teague trade is about bigfooty's most boring subject, might as well just look at your comparison.

Teague: born 5 May 1981, debuted 2001, played about 70 games
Pratt: born 21 March 1983, debuted 2004, played about a dozen games

Teague has had a good run in the seniors at two clubs, including one that has struggled the whole time he's been there, and still doesn't look like making it. Pratt is two years younger and three years later getting a senior start, is only just getting a go now and deserves more senior game time before anyone makes silly judgements.

Pratt makes mistakes but he is learning, as Dean pointed out. That mark was very important under pressure and he was significant in getting the side over the line at the end.

Oh, stuff it, I can't let this go either. We were better off with a new recruit than wasting a spot on Morell or Teague. McKernan was a calculated and cheap risk. If we weren't big winners you'd have to say in retrospect that we didn't do worse than break even either. Get over it.

And don't pm me again btw, you don't know me nearly well enough to invade my real life.
Yes Pratt is a 'new recruit'.

Get out a butcher knife, chop off your weiner and go ****** yaself.

Thats all for me in this thread, H2H whinging about an honest appraisal of a player.

apollo_creed said:

Thats all for me in this thread, H2H whinging about an honest appraisal of a player.

Would you mind editing that to read THIS FORUM....

apollo_creed said:

spoken like a true wuss

teague is enjoying the company of dennis and for as good as his courage was he has been dumped of late.

pratt the ratt for mine

apollo_creed said:

Charming. I was just pointing out that you were wrong about Pratt and Teague being the same age. Never said you weren't honest in your error.

btw it has clearly escaped your notice we are not all teenage boys on this forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mighty mick said:
interesting to note one poster still has a couple of months to get past that milestone :D

Scary that you know this stuff, but now you've pointed it out, I guess that helps to explain at least why Pratt looks so old to some eyes! At my advanced age, he's so clearly a kid who's learning and deserves a chance (Pratt, that is, not apollo).

Hearts to hearts said:
Scary that you know this stuff, ).

yeah i was talking to jesse smith and i told him how great his dad was as a player,

he asked me how old i was, he came back with " sh it your older than he is:eek:

i look good for my age or maybe its cos im 5 foot nuthin:D

Hearts to hearts said:
Scary that you know this stuff, but now you've pointed it out, I guess that helps to explain at least why Pratt looks so old to some eyes! At my advanced age, he's so clearly a kid who's learning and deserves a chance (Pratt, that is, not apollo).

Pratt is an interesting one. He is a kid and he clearly has something about him. To take that mark isn't just about putting two hands up and grabbing it out of the air. When things are as hot as they were in the last minute of that match, I personally was shaking and couldn't hold on to a drink...It was nail biting stuff, and for mine, anyone who can calmly take that catch and kick it 50 metres over a Collingwood player's head on Well's chest, does have something to offer.

But Pratt is also prone to a brain freeze far too often as was shown in the same game.

There are things you can't teach in any sport. Being able to score a penalty under pressure in soccer, take a big mark in footy or nail a free throw in basketball when the heat is on. That tells me Pratt may just make it, but he would want to improve his decision making quickly as next year is a big one for him.

mighty mick said:
interesting to note one poster still has a couple of months to get past that milestone :D

Who would that be? :confused:

I'm nearly 19 now, a very mature 19 y.o I must say.

Memory loss is a common associatiate of old age.
H2H take note, write it down though you might forget it by tommorow.

Eagle Eye said:
I agree - I watched the last qtr again on AFL.com last night and Pratt certainly made up for his earlier mistakes:

1. As per your comments - early in last Qtr was front-n-centre to Sav then handballs under two Pies again to Sav who gave to Harvey - Goal

Then in the last hectic 4-5 minutes:

2. Marked a pass from Makey and h/balled to Grant, to Firrito to Sav - goal
3. Took ruck contest from 'ball up' in middle of ground, then 2nd effort to handball to Wells, to Harris, to Grant - goal
4. Takes pressure mark almost in goal square, kicks to Wells (with pinpoint accuracy), to Harvey to Thommo and the rest is history.

Played a part in 4 of the 7 last qtr goals, we know he made two skill errors (kick to O'Bree and h/ball across goals), but very happy he was there at the end.

That shows he can play, and when those errant decisions are right more often will be a valuable player.

Excellent Post. Stunned someone in here actually has some facts for once. Nice work.

Let's all remember he has only played 16 games of AFL. He is still developing. He will make mistakes, but I reckon he has showed a bit in the games he has played so far and is worth persevering with for sure.

Was wondering why this thread had such a long half-life.

Pratt's doing okay as far as I'm concerned. Must be my age too, but I'm seeing him as 'young' as far as AFL experience goes and like his willingness to have a crack. Yes he makes mistakes and I reckon he'll grow out of most of these, given a chance AND I reckon he'll be one of those players who may well always make there fair share. Those that have a go usually do...

I'm a Pratt fan.

Very physical and never gives an inch. Excellent 1%-ers as well. Seems to read the play pretty well and plays his man well. Disposal is getting better. Decision making at times lets him down, but this is improving. Have to remember he has not played 20 games of AFL yet.

Sorry guys but I am stunned you think he played well yesterday.

I know I am a regular complainer on Pratt but his game today was error riddled - poor choice after poor choice. His third man into the contest spoil in the last quarter left his forward 10 metres free and goal. Poor play. he continually kicks to packs or misses his target, although one 40-50 metre pass yesterday was superb.

The good points - I love his muscle and that is needed. I don't question his endeavour - he is 100% at it. Just makes too many errors every game.

Just to confuse my position even further I am happy to see him play another year and see if the coaching team can improve his decision making. At least he is not as bad as Picioane.

gokangas said:
. His third man into the contest spoil in the last quarter left his forward 10 metres free and goal. Poor play.

Very harsh mate, the ball did a full u-turn to bounce back into the path of the Blue bagger (was it Ficher?) I thought he was great coming over the pack!

Zondor said:
Yeah I've got time for Cracka Pratt. He has a great attack on the football which typifies our football club. I felt he was fortunate to get a recall for the Essendon game however he took his opportunity and has played some decent football since. The guy has certainly added to our depth this year.

I do like Pratt. Does remind me a little of David King.. If he can break the lines a little more, he will be of great value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Back