Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Devil Fish said:
The only thing David King & Pratt have in common is that they are both homo-sapiens.

Kingy is married with kids you loser!

mav said:
Very harsh mate, the ball did a full u-turn to bounce back into the path of the Blue bagger (was it Ficher?) I thought he was great coming over the pack!

The fact is we had the spoil covered. He chose to be third kangaroo in, skittled our other defender and left his opponent metres clear - poor choice - goal. Thats what I hate about him - every game he does stupid things.
100% courage - 100% endeavour - no argument there. But poor choice maker.

gokangas said:
The fact is we had the spoil covered. He chose to be third kangaroo in, skittled our other defender and left his opponent metres clear - poor choice - goal. Thats what I hate about him - every game he does stupid things.
100% courage - 100% endeavour - no argument there. But poor choice maker.

I still think it was the right choice. He's realised he can be the one to make the spoil and he's coming from goal side so he can naturally take the ball towards the boundry line. He's made good contact and done everything right but just got an unlucky bounce, that happens in footy. One unlucky bounce shouldn't stop him from playing that role.

If Watt and Colby are standing Tredrea this weekend, I hope Pratt still comes over the top. I don't want him standing back thinking, hey the boys have got this spoil covered.

Too many people pick on little things once they get a dislike for a player. People often try to find something to support the way they feel no matter how trivial it is. Pratt had a great game yesterday and his growing ability to play the 3rd man up is helping to release Arch into the middle. Even if he makes 1 or 2 bad decisions he is still learning to play at this level so you don't judge his game for one mistake....especially when it was just a bounce of the ball. I thought over all his decision making was good and not "error riddled" as you suggest.

mav said:
I still think it was the right choice. He's realised he can be the one to make the spoil and he's coming from goal side so he can naturally take the ball towards the boundry line. He's made good contact and done everything right but just got an unlucky bounce, that happens in footy. One unlucky bounce shouldn't stop him from playing that role.

If Watt and Colby are standing Tredrea this weekend, I hope Pratt still comes over the top. I don't want him standing back thinking, hey the boys have got this spoil covered.

Too many people pick on little things once they get a dislike for a player. People often try to find something to support the way they feel no matter how trivial it is. Pratt had a great game yesterday and his growing ability to play the 3rd man up is helping to release Arch into the middle. Even if he makes 1 or 2 bad decisions he is still learning to play at this level so you don't judge his game for one mistake....especially when it was just a bounce of the ball. I thought over all his decision making was good and not "error riddled" as you suggest.

I respect your opinion but disagree. Thats what makes BigFooty so much fun. I still think third man in is a losing spot coz you have to leave your man free.

Anyway, GoKangas - lets cheer on a win this week Mav.

scottywiper said:
He perplexes me.
Some of his spoils, and that smother, were magnificent.
But he is prone to brain explosions, if we can take them out of his game, he'll be fine.

Agree 100% there.
One of his spoils running bach with the fight of the ball was super special.
But then he turns into the ding-bat.

How good was that bump on Teague, the only thing that got me out of my seat all day (oh except for that hot blonde that was three rows down form me)

Hard Man Urchy said:
How good was that bump on Teague, the only thing that got me out of my seat all day (oh except for that hot blonde that was three rows down form me)
Wasn't that callum who did that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Pratt can play a bit, but discipline still lets him down. Not just giving away frees, but poor decisions in general. Had a very ordinary game yesterday, but may be a reasonable enough option on Dew this week to get retained.

Darky said:
I think Pratt can play a bit, but discipline still lets him down. Not just giving away frees, but poor decisions in general. Had a very ordinary game yesterday, but may be a reasonable enough option on Dew this week to get retained.

I wonder if you were whatching the same game i was. he saved goals atleast 2-3 times provided some awsome spoils and cleared the ball out of defence on numerous times as well... i thought he was very good

HaRrO4 said:
i think since he has come back into the side he hasnt had many brain explosions at all. on sunday when colby got into a little punch on i think in the last quater and pratty ran down to help him but didnt get that involved and i remember saying if that had of been earlier in the year he would have smashed some one but he has carmed down heeps imo.

.... and Leigh Brown chose not to fly the flag ..... very dissapointing.

Darky said:

I agree - costs us more than he ever saves us.

But I do love his toughness and maybe I undersestimate the value of that.

gokangas said:
I agree - costs us more than he ever saves us.

But I do love his toughness and maybe I undersestimate the value of that.

His Brain explosions have gotten much better since the start of the season.

Continued improvement should see him become a valuable asset

non improvement will make him a liability

I thought this was en error from the moment I heard.
He was solid last week and his ability to be third man up is telling.
Looking at our team, I couldn't see the options if any of Port's smaller forwards played well. Mahoney anyone?

It wouldn't have mattered. The boys didn't try hard enough, one or two different players were not going to make any difference to the result.

Matchups during the game were as bad as the team selection. Colbert on Lade or the other meathead... was never going to work. Brown up forward while we were getting monstered in defense by the tall forwards. Not great.

How Stevens and Picioane get games ahead of Pratt, Trotter or Smith is beyond me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #30: Daniel Pratt - drafted w/ #42 in '00 ND - delisted at end '02 - re-drafted at #74 in '05 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

Back