Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Losing Wells and Dal Santo has thrown the dynamics out on the playing group......it even costing valuable time for Harvey to deliver quality into the forward line. This has a knock on affect on what type of quality being delivered to Waite and Petrie , not forgetting BB as well.
There was a moment where Waite could of bombed the ball long along the boundary after he took a mark on the half back /wing he actually followed club orders and switched play across because there was no option the ground. I think the Old Waite would have bombed it long but he towed the team 1st accountability.

He's there to give Drewy a chopout and does it by taking the 2nd key back away from a 2 against 1 situation.

Get off his back FFS. It's no coincidence that all our tall forwards struggled last night. The ball was coming out so slowly from the backline that they had to push up the ground to get a touch. And let's not mention the Sydney backman being able to do whatever they wanted to them and no free kick in sight.

Get off his back FFS. It's no coincidence that all our tall forwards struggled last night. The ball was coming out so slowly from the backline that they had to push up the ground to get a touch. And let's not mention the Sydney backman being able to do whatever they wanted to them and no free kick in sight.
If Ben Brown or Majak put up the same numbers they'd get dropped why is Waite special?

If Ben Brown or Majak put up the same numbers they'd get dropped why is Waite special?

Ben Brown did put up the same numbers last night.

And why did you call Waite a mercenary?

No. Waite simply has to play EVERY game this season to prove to the football world that he was a `good pick-up' for us. How silly would we look if we dropped him mid-season?

Really silly. We'd be the talk of all in Sunbury

Ben Brown did put up the same numbers last night.

And if Maj has another good game today it will cost him. Crock has told us that Brown is keeping Maj out of the side

How can anyone in their right mind compare the efforts of a 22 yr old with 20 games under his belt to a 33 yr old 15 year veteran?

What Brown did wonderfully well last night was gave us an option around high half fwd.

I wasn't against us getting Waite, but and 5 and 6 I don't see any reason to continue with this current set up.

Although as someone associated with our club said to me after the Collingwood disaster....

" What sack Scott?, who else is out there that could do better? And after the bye our draws pretty easy and we should enjoy some wins".

I cried a little bit.

How can anyone in their right mind compare the efforts of a 22 yr old with 20 games under his belt to a 33 yr old 15 year veteran?

What Brown did wonderfully well last night was gave us an option around high half fwd.

I wasn't against us getting Waite, but and 5 and 6 I don't see any reason to continue with this current set up.

Although as someone associated with our club said to me after the Collingwood disaster....

" What sack Scott?, who else is out there that could do better? And after the bye our draws pretty easy and we should enjoy some wins".

I cried a little bit.

The reason why Brown was doing "good things" at high half forward was the exact same reason that our other two big forwards struggled because the ball wasn't getting into our 50 quick enough or in a way that helped the talls.

The reason why Brown was doing "good things" at high half forward was the exact same reason that our other two big forwards struggled because the ball wasn't getting into our 50 quick enough or in a way that helped the talls.

Don't disagree.

I just don't see Waite being the answer with our current midfield woes.

Would rather Jack played fwd with Majak and Browny with Petrie swinging between fwd and back.

Bringing Mullet and Daw in for Waite and McMahon should at least liven up the place a bit. IMO.

If these guys ever found consistent form- Mullet, Harper, Atley, Black, Daw and Wood we'd be a different side.

Anyway I wasn't disappointed after half time, so things could be worse.

Waite has had a pretty average month. BBB has lost his mojo a bit too. Even his goal kicking has lost its fluency. But he still remains an honest, effective player. And Dish has had a terrific month, although last night was forgettable. His first half was good and I wonder if his hip knock had an affect on his game. So we have Dish, who has the biggest influence of our KPFs but is flaky in front of goal. Then we have BBB, who is playing his part without dominating. And we have the hot and cold Waite, whose hot makes us look so much better, but his cold has hurt us badly on many occasions.

Then we have our two young guns in the VFL. Maj in outstanding form and Black finally showing something yesterday. Even Wood as a 3rd tall is the option, but I think the consensus is that the wing is for him.

The thing I find troubling is that the Dish-BBB-Waite combination is seen as a lock. Structurally they compliment each other well. But, they aren't kicking enough goals. FFS LT (22 goals) is outscoring them all on the back of an average season by his standards as is Higgins (20 goals), who spends half the time up the field. Inaccuracy has become a shared trait of the 3 of them. They are taking marks around the ground but rarely dominating inside 50. Are tallies of 15.12 (Dish), 16.11 (Waite), and 15.7 (BBB) sufficient to make this combination a lock? It appears that the KPF bar is set pretty low.

My question is, do we carry on with this 'good combination, average output' for the whole season, without even trying an option? I don't think the Black Hawks game and Wood Freo game can be offered as test cases, as they were lambs to the slaughter. Is injury the only thing that will give Daw or Black an extended shot at it? The arguments that bringing Daw in would be a risk are weird. What, risking upsetting the prevailing mediocrity? Wasn't BBB hampered by his knee problem? Looked like it to me. Wasn't Waite touted as being managed for 14-16 games per season? Hasn't Dish done some of his best work as a utility, like that Geelong steeplechaser? God forbid, we get creative and mix things up a bit.

I suspect Brad and the coaching panel like the watches hats set up in exactly the same formation at training every week.

Black2Blue....

images
+

images
+ ( yes Mary is getting a game next week)

sleek-magnetic-white-board-jJo1p.jpg
=

images

I cried a little bit.

Wow.

And that my friend, is why we are where we are.

We should change the club motto to "Manyana Manyana".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cried a little bit.[/QUOTE]

QUOTE="King Corey, post: 39083178, member: 1548"]Wow.

And that my friend, is why we are where we are.

We should change the club motto to "Manyana Manyana".[/QUOTE]

If that is the prevailing proffesional attitude at Arden St, then the joint needs a monumental cleanout. Seriously

FFS a lot of glass half empty people here.

Our forward line structures fell apart for most of the night, and that was largely due to our midfield. We really miss guys who are line breakers (Wells, Atley, Harvey not in the guts), those with excellent lateral vision and kicking (Wells, Dal Santo), and those with explosive acceleration (Wells, Atley, Harper).

The shot he had was a shank, I get the impression the pressure of the moment got to him. But you take that with the good things that he did. I know there's a lot that is done off the ball but I thought he had a better game than Drew.

Is starting to become a real disappointment.

The fact he is keeping out younger players is also frustrating.

I am still content that we gave it a shot, but he hasn't delivered as yet.

I'd prefer a young mid/flanker in to replace him so we go shorter but faster, unfortunately I suspect he will keep his place indefinitely.

Is starting to become a real disappointment.

The fact he is keeping out younger players is also frustrating.

I am still content that we gave it a shot, but he hasn't delivered as yet.

I'd prefer a young mid/flanker in to replace him so we go shorter but faster, unfortunately I suspect he will keep his place indefinitely.

We play a side this weekend that is now without 2 of its key position backs.

He'll likely be playing on a kid.

He'll probably kick a bag of 6.4 and have his spot sewn up for the rest of the year.

We play a side this weekend that is now without 2 of its key position backs.

He'll likely be playing on a kid.

He'll probably kick a bag of 6.4 and have his spot sewn up for the rest of the year.

Nail on the head.

This is it for Waite.

If he doesn't perform this week when our season is on the line, he is gone. Bring Black or Majak in for the remainder of the season.

Fork in the road saturday arvo for jarrad

Nail on the head.

This is it for Waite.

If he doesn't perform this week when our season is on the line, he is gone. Bring Black or Majak in for the remainder of the season.

Fork in the road saturday arvo for jarrad

By what means is our season on the line?

We went quietly into the night in round one and we have periodically melted since, we are 6 years into a rebuild and we are fighting to try and stay in touch with the bottom half of the also rans.

We brought Waite in with designs on getting from the bottom half of the 8 to the top half of the 8. That plane sailed by half time in round one, with our start to the year we needed to be tough to the bye. Issues persist and we continue to underperform.

In that respcet he slots right in.

Brought in to help us in clutch moments, can anyone name one clutch moment he's taken?

If the upshot from that (if it happens) is a good run of form for him which helps see us chalk up a number of wins in a row I'm fine with it. I just won't be betting my house on that occurring!

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #30: Jarrad Waite - will retire at end 2018 - 60 NM games/120+ NM goals - Shinboner - thanks W80

Remove this Banner Ad

Back