Past #31: David Hale - drafted at #7 in the Superdraft - 129 games for NM - traded to HFC in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Unless something horrible happens to David Swallow, he will go 1-5 next season. TT, do you think we can get a pick in that range for Hale?

Unlikely, I don't think they will go for Hale given his age and the fact they will need to develop for 3+ years, doesn't give them a big window.

Our best return for Hale would be hitting someone up who is in the premiership window now, would give them 5 or so years which would be a good return. They don't have the time to get someone raw and develop them for 3 years, they need someone that can step in and make an immediate impact.

Give Hale isn't bad at going forward as the number 2 or 3 forward, it makes him very versatile, you just don't want to leave him there with 3 defenders on him.

this hale situation is a disaster really

everyone saying "we can just trade him to the gold coast next year for a top pick" are living in dream world they will not want a bar of him

there is no place for him in our best 22 and he'd be close to our highest paid player after just signing a long term deal

real disaster

straight swap......What do you think?

No!

People say Wells is lazy.

Have you actually seen Pearce play? Wells x100.

Surely you jest?

No way. I cant stand Pearce. Anyone, but him. Salopek or a draft pick or no deal.

Agreed

I dont mind Pearce at all.He was one of the elite midfielders a few years back and is still young.Hale has been playing 2s for half the year the other half he has been crap.We need to be realistic here.We have the in and unders and what we lack is pace

He was never elite, he is a pea hearted jib.

Pearce is somebody we are crying out for.

His kicking is elite.

Oh I forgot this is North Melbourne, so stuff anybody who actually kick a football :rolleyes:

The problem is he never gets the damn thing to kick it.

Unfortunately yes. Wouldn't be going anywhere near him.

Agreed.:thumbsu:

I'd be expecting more for Hale then just Pearce, maybe a second rounder.

I don't mind Pearce, he is just not very defensively oriented, he would need to adjust that aspect of his play, Harding made him look a fool when we played them the first time around.

I think we can lure bigger fish with Hale though. I think they could use a player like Harris who is a tough inside mid, they have a fair few quality outsiders and don't see Pearce in their best side. Not sure how they stand for inside mids or what their depth is like. I would prefer to trade possible Harris and something for him, I don't see Harro getting a lot of opportunity with us as I think Swallow and Ziebell will be our inside mids and we wont play with more than two, Greenwood will likely develop into an inside type player who can tag.

Surely you jest?
Not at all.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people that say every opposition player's shit and ours are amazing. Pearce is just shit.

He can kick. He can run. What the hell else can he do? He's one of the most unaccountable players I've ever laid eyes on. Lazy. Someone else said downhill skier. Spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd do that deal. Let's face it, it's not like we're bringing much to the trade table with David Hale. Aside from a few sporadic performances, he's been largely poor. Sure he has potential, but so does Pearce. Pearce would complement our hard and tough on ball bregade very nicely, and I think a change of scenery and a tough couch like Scott who won't take shit, will see him thrive in my opinion.
Pearce and WElls would be a lightening quick midfield combo, and the risk is paled in comparison to the potential reward.

One softco*k for another, yeah let's do it :confused:
People say that Pearce has elite skills.... umm a bloke by the name of Aaron Davey shits all over him in terms of kicking.

benStillerDoIt.jpg

Yep :thumbsu:

Maybe if it was Harris for Pearce, otherwise no way.

Pearce has speed and skill, but he strikes me as not having a great work ethic and willingness to chase, tackle and put his head over the footy.
So I'd be steering clear of him, unless its a matter of him being unhappy and wanting a fresh change, otherwise no dice.

please dont even mention callan ward on this board it brings back painful nightmares from 2007 draft day for some of us

Do you think Pearce would fit in - i know he has pace but fu..k he is soft. Hale will only go if we can get a first round pick for him i reckon. Im sure they will hang on to him in the hope he has a reasonable 2010 which would in turn give the club more market value and then trade him to the GC. Given the compirmised drafts it seems logical.

We would be lucky to get a cold bucket of chips for Hale after 2009. If Port made this offer, you'd have to take it.

I dont mind Pearce at all.He was one of the elite midfielders a few years back and is still young.Hale has been playing 2s for half the year the other half he has been crap.We need to be realistic here.We have the in and unders and what we lack is pace

Yeah I can't believe what I'm reading on this thread. Most people on Big Footy were screaming for Hale to be dropped for most of the season. And now we think we can get a first round pick for him? Dream on. If any club offers their boot studder, we should take the deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #31: David Hale - drafted at #7 in the Superdraft - 129 games for NM - traded to HFC in 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back