Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Just about fully recovered now, will be progressing pre-Christmas, then into full training post-Christmas.

Has added a little bit of size, and has been doing a tonne of conditioning work (limited on ground running however).

Josh & the club are confident he'll come back better than ever.

Just about fully recovered now, will be progressing pre-Christmas, then into full training post-Christmas.

Has added a little bit of size, and has been doing a tonne of conditioning work (limited on ground running however).

If he escapes this injury without long term issues, that’s about as good news as there is.

Massive piece of our future. Feels like the average NMFC supporter is sleeping on him, but he's got massive potential.
Agreed he is very underrated in my opinion. 2022 I had him on Supercoach and thought he would be a cash cow. Dude was pulling solid rookie numbers but not for supercoach, never again unless he becomes like a SicDog 🤣🤣

Great news. I wonder if the club still sees him as a defender.

Me seeing this thread bumped
Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Really hopeful he comes back and hasnt lost anything, has agility and speed off the charts. Could be a real match winner if he puts it all together.
Without looking at any raw numbers, I would say he could be the quickest player on the list over 20 - 30 meters. Colby is quick but I think Josh has him covered.

There was a play in a pre season game, maybe 2023 where Sheez dished him a handball on the defensive 50 and he was gone like the flash. If we could get that consistent rebound from 50 with speed.... I dare to dream

Really hopeful he comes back and hasnt lost anything, has agility and speed off the charts. Could be a real match winner if he puts it all together.
Without looking at any raw numbers, I would say he could be the quickest player on the list over 20 - 30 meters. Colby is quick but I think Josh has him covered.

There was a play in a pre season game, maybe 2023 where Sheez dished him a handball on the defensive 50 and he was gone like the flash. If we could get that consistent rebound from 50 with speed.... I dare to dream
Can't recall a single player post achillies that didn't lose some acceleration.

Geez you must be a hoot at parties. ;)
Just a realist mate, there's a lot of rose coloured glasses with some of our players. EVW, Bergman and Perez was the best! All half backs that showed **** all but for some reason people loved them. Goater looks a great athlete, some of that will now be diminished. That is a fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back