Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm reaching the limits of my understanding here, but it is the technique they use for the repair. Lots of advancements where the incision is smaller, the risk to surrounding nerves is less (or non-existent), lower risk of infection, the tendon fully heals, the time to recommence loading is a lot less and patients generally report positively as to lingering pain, function and strength etc. Of course, everyone responds differently but from all reports Josh is progressing well.

From my understanding the surgery technique combined with the rehab protocols has come a long way.

There have been a few examples in European Soccer where players have come back after only 7-8 months.

Hopefully Goater has no issues long term.

Wonder what sort of miserable campaigner lurks around internet forums waiting to call people miserable campaigners? Love to have a beer with you.
Lol, sure you would mate. Misery loves company after all.

Achilles injury hardly dampened Jack White or Ariel Hukporti's athleticism coming back the next year in the NBL.

Indeed, as have been mentioned as two great examples of how far Achilles Rupture recovery has come.

Both returned quicker and more explosive than ever, in a sport even more reliant on both than footy is.

Not concerned at all with Josh, who I hope can quickly establish himself as our version of Josh Weddle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back