Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm reaching the limits of my understanding here, but it is the technique they use for the repair. Lots of advancements where the incision is smaller, the risk to surrounding nerves is less (or non-existent), lower risk of infection, the tendon fully heals, the time to recommence loading is a lot less and patients generally report positively as to lingering pain, function and strength etc. Of course, everyone responds differently but from all reports Josh is progressing well.

From my understanding the surgery technique combined with the rehab protocols has come a long way.

There have been a few examples in European Soccer where players have come back after only 7-8 months.

Hopefully Goater has no issues long term.

Wonder what sort of miserable campaigner lurks around internet forums waiting to call people miserable campaigners? Love to have a beer with you.
Lol, sure you would mate. Misery loves company after all.

Achilles injury hardly dampened Jack White or Ariel Hukporti's athleticism coming back the next year in the NBL.

Indeed, as have been mentioned as two great examples of how far Achilles Rupture recovery has come.

Both returned quicker and more explosive than ever, in a sport even more reliant on both than footy is.

Not concerned at all with Josh, who I hope can quickly establish himself as our version of Josh Weddle.

RUOK? Checking in bro.
roos_fanatic08 posted objectively positive news about about one of our injured players and myself and 50 odd others reacted positively to this news.

Doin just fine, bro.

Massive piece of our future. Feels like the average NMFC supporter is sleeping on him, but he's got massive potential.
I just refer to that pre-season play where at HF he burst through a pack to receive one of Sheezel’s trade-marked look-away 1/4 second handballs to open up the game.
Despite having some inconsistency with his kicking, Goater also has shown a propensity to pull of the miraculous at times. I’m excited as he could be a real weapon off wing/HB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Goater comes back as a tall mid.
One of the understated impacts of getting in players like Houston. Gives us more flexibility with existing assets.

Would love to get Houston but if Goater can make that H/B role his it would feel like a new recruit
Goater would be a nice fresh start but instead of Houston I reckon we go for the draft picks and lend off Houston. Based off his age his solid not too old of course but I would want an Armstrong, Langford, Berry, Trainor or a Tauru instead of Houston. Just two of them works well for the team.

People also think we don’t need any more midfielder picks as the last 6-8 draft seasons we have made that decision. Based off our clearance work we got smashed still and a midfielder would work well Harvey Langford is the main man for that help

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back