Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

say what you will about nostra, but he's right on this one. Pink is not AFL standard

However, i do respect his ability to actually compete and provide a contest forward of centre which we definitely needed. But with Brynn in, and looking good on the weekend, there's just no need for Pink playing this role anymore. Sellers should get another chance as a genuine goal kicker

No, pink in the team is essential for the team structure.

Teake is a 2nd ruck and not a fwd. Our team setup for the collingwood is the best we had this year and it paid.

We need to be doing what we have from the pies game in every subsequent game just that we need to control the tempo of the game a lot more.

Quite a few times, we should have taken the foot off the gas and slowed things down to kill off opposition momentum but this is something a team learns. Remember in 2013, we lost 5, 6 games by a total of like 20 points.

say what you will about nostra, but he's right on this one. Pink is not AFL standard

However, i do respect his ability to actually compete and provide a contest forward of centre which we definitely needed. But with Brynn in, and looking good on the weekend, there's just no need for Pink playing this role anymore. Sellers should get another chance as a genuine goal kicker
We knew this already when swans delisted him

He’s a very limited footballer who is not a forward threat

Went back to defend in sanfl instead but he’s no good as a defender either at afl level

The goal was from a free. Typical of the North Tax he had to make two htb tackles in a row to get it so if nothing else I'd keep him because pressure is what's doing it for us.
Is that right?

Have a memory of him leading and marking that must've been a different play.

Getting old.

Is that right?

Have a memory of him leading and marking that must've been a different play.

Getting old.
Yeah it was a free. I thought the same as you and watched GRs goals and it was a bit of a shock so it stuck in my head. I think he missed the mark and lead.

Pink played well today, he made a contest of many blind long bombs by our defence/mids and chased hard. Nothing you'll really see on a stat sheet. Did exactly what we're paying him to do today but this type of game requires support otherwise it looks like wasted effort when they sweep up the ground ball and run it back into their forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who attends games will know what I'm talking about, but Toby Pink works his ass off all game.

Add to that fact that he's incredibly clean with the ball in hand (anad lowkey amazing at ground-ball gets for a tall???) and provides value to the structure, it's easy to see why he's best 22 for the remainder of the year.

Bit more of the same. I appreciate the effort, but he always seems a leg behind the contest

That's match conditioning, he was brought in and plonked forward.

Get him another pre-season.

Teake is also vital with his 2 goals and will only get better.

Both players will be very useful 2nd forward until will dawson is ready to play chf in due time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #32: Toby Pink - has triggered an extension for 2025.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back