Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

thought his kicking was pretty good yesterday, proper drop punts that spin and everything.

Couple of arrow like passes that didn't have much air at all and were bang on target, I'm actually fairly pleased with his progress sofar

Sorry to intrude guys, Coyer's a guy I'd like Melbourne to target - he's quite strong, quick and reasonably skilled IMO.

I know player trading can be a touchy subject, but as far as I can tell Colyer's a bloke your coaching staff rate - but there just isn't a spot in the 21 for him at the moment.

What do you think you guys would look at for a trade with him?

Sorry to intrude guys, Coyer's a guy I'd like Melbourne to target - he's quite strong, quick and reasonably skilled IMO.

I know player trading can be a touchy subject, but as far as I can tell Colyer's a bloke your coaching staff rate - but there just isn't a spot in the 21 for him at the moment.

from Melbourne? Umm, I liked Evans on the weekend but I think he's one of about a dozen players Melbourne need to persist with. 3rd round draft pick'll do

Mitch Clark, Nathan Jones, and that one really attractive supporter I saw in Round 2. She was very nice.

He's not particularly skillful but he's reasonably intelligent.

As far as a trade, it's a very difficult one to pick. I don't think we have any desperate desire to let him go and I don't think he has any desperate desire to leave, so it'd come down to Melbourne (or any other club) making an offer that makes both us and Trav lean towards taking it. I don't think a third rounder would be particularly enticing for us.

He's not particularly skillful but he's reasonably intelligent.

As far as a trade, it's a very difficult one to pick. I don't think we have any desperate desire to let him go and I don't think he has any desperate desire to leave, so it'd come down to Melbourne (or any other club) making an offer that makes both us and Trav lean towards taking it. I don't think a third rounder would be particularly enticing for us.

If he's not in the side come the end of the year we'll trade for sure. Otherwise I expect delisting is a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was very good early yday as i said his run was very important. Was also important in the comeback against freo coming on as the sub. He was picked just after Koby Stevens in the same draft and i reckon hes probably tracking just slightly better than him. Stevens last year went for pick 44 id say Colyer right now is worth pick 35~ however he has a year ahead of him and anything could happen and hes looking pretty good so far.

If he's not in the side come the end of the year we'll trade for sure. Otherwise I expect delisting is a chance.

I'd be surprised if we made more than 3 list changes at the end of the year, and I'd be surprised if 2 of them weren't Hille (almost a foregone conclusion) and NLM.

Was very good early yday as i said his run was very important. Was also important in the comeback against freo coming on as the sub. He was picked just after Koby Stevens in the same draft and i reckon hes probably tracking just slightly better than him. Stevens last year went for pick 44 id say Colyer right now is worth pick 35~ however he has a year ahead of him and anything could happen and hes looking pretty good so far.

Very good?

I'd be surprised if we made more than 3 list changes at the end of the year, and I'd be surprised if 2 of them weren't Hille (almost a foregone conclusion) and NLM.

I think we'll turn over another 4-5. Hille and NLM would be very likely but probably another one or two youngers guys we will make a call on. Plus turn over some rookies.

The only players that we would be interested in Melbourne wouldnt want to part with. I'd personally like to see Colyer packaged up with our 1st pick in the next draft for James Frawley. That would never happen but we can always dream.
Frawley would be awesome in our back line, he could take Hookers spot.

The only players that we would be interested in Melbourne wouldnt want to part with. I'd personally like to see Colyer packaged up with our 1st pick in the next draft for James Frawley. That would never happen but we can always dream.
Frawley would be awesome in our back line, he could take Hookers spot.
I don't understand posts like this. Hooker has been excellent so far this year. As he was at the start of last year before our midfield fell apart. He still has room to improve and plays the second defender role very well.

I think we'll turn over another 4-5. Hille and NLM would be very likely but probably another one or two youngers guys we will make a call on. Plus turn over some rookies.

You reckon Luke Davis is in the firing line? Maybe DVU if we decide that a mature aged player needs to show something in his first year? Can't see us cutting deep at all. I don't reckon we'll cut at all tbh - Hille and NLM retiring (the latter is just a guess) and someone like Hardingham requesting a trade for more opportunities.

I think davis may be in the firing line unfortunately, i think he's talented, but I can't see a role for him.

Reckon we're a fair chance to completely turn over the rookie list as well.

Im on record suggesting Luke Davis needs to lift. Has the Taite Silverlocks about him. Close to senior selection ,nekminit injury curtails debut season and goes backwards from that point onwards. Far to many others have gone past him.

Id agree with Lamaros here and say we may make up to 4 - 5 senior list spots with the possible rookie list clean out (and DO NOT rule out a Steinberg style move for the 4th Frankston musketeer).

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back