Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicking, hitting opponents on the chest and having injury free pre season.

Also needs to find a position to name his own, wht is he? a middy? or fwd pocket?

Wing/HFF.

If he tidies up his kicking, he could be anything.

Played some good footy, but if he improves kickin like his captain has, could be a jet as he always gets involved, and pace to burn.

He's a line breaking mid. If he tidies up his disposal and can have an injury free run he'll get enough games to stay on the list in 2014. Lets remember how one paced Essendon can look through the midfield. We desperately need Kav, Colyer and Merret all fit and pushing for selection as well as Zaka, Winderlich, Dempsey, Jetta and Davey all available. Fact is that the later more experienced bunch I mentioned there are all flankers, apart from Zaka. As the AFL tries more and more things to "slow the game down" we'll find clubs flooding more and more and line breaking pace will become even more necessary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was touted as the big improved either last preseason or the one before it. Has missed a lot with injury since. It a real shame because if he can tidy up his disposal a bit and get his body right his run will be very damaging through the midfield. I know I keep banging on about it but we have a lot of class and ball winning big bodies in there now, just Zaka is the only one close to being a line breaker. Colyer could add a lot to that and keep the pressure on Jetta, or go past him as that half forward that pushes up very high and basically plays as a midfielder.

needs to grow his tank. He obviously isn't a natural small forward and I wouldn't back him in defence, too skinny, so he needs to grow his tank and become a better midfielder

needs to grow his tank. He obviously isn't a natural small forward and I wouldn't back him in defence, too skinny, so he needs to grow his tank and become a better midfielder
Problem is, he is so far behind so many of our midfielders, both skill wise and body wise, it will be tough. I honestly can't see him making the grade.

IMO he is a pretty clear delist option is kicking is just that bad its not funny. I remember his very first nab cup game against the eagles thinking that's a bad and nothing has changed

IMO he is a pretty clear delist option is kicking is just that bad its not funny. I remember his very first nab cup game against the eagles thinking that's a bad and nothing has changed

It sucks, apart from that and his height, he has ALL the other tools.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #32: Travis Colyer - traded to Freo for future 4th rounder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back