Past #33: Matty Campbell - delisted at the end of the 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Shocking news if he has done hammy again. He proved tonight how valuable he is. Hoping for just cramp!

Hope thats all it is but on 3AW they said a hammy from the rooms. Cramp sounds better to me (fingers crossed).

Well I did see him run on the boundary and he was running fine. Screamed out Matty to push and he sprinted.

So it may just be a cramp. Hopes!!

Well the only positive to come out of this news is the fact it was his OTHER hammy. If he'd re-injured his bad hammy we'd be looking at a serious number of weeks out. Unless this new one's a Lachie like disastrous one, which I doubt from what I've seen, he'll be looking at the standard 3 weeks on the sidelines.

I know it's not the be all and end all, but he has had 3 games back at Ballarat now and has not been named once in the bests. We miss him from the side almost as much as Wells, Ziebell, JWS. Fit and firing he is just so important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has had 15 touches in 8 quarters of VFL footy in the past fortnight.

Has had 15 touches in 8 quarters of VFL footy in the past fortnight.

A bit of a worry. I hope his issues this season aren't related to any personal problems or anything else that's distracting him.

He has missed too much footy now to have a massive impact. He is probably having his time on field limited so he doesn't get injured again.

Edwards will have to be getting a call up after a big performance in the VFL on the weekend. What you reckon gonna be in the in's and out's

i know flashs stats arent great but his the kinda player if he only has 10 touches and a couple of goals here and there his done his job. its not like his in the team to be a ball magnet. more just for his defensive forward pressure so i wouldnt getting overly concerned about it, but yer i would probs like to see him get a couple of more possesions. but no need to rush him, when he is right play him.

I miss Campbell so much, Thomas is absolutely rubbish without him.. something they commented on in this weeks game

"Thomas is obviously missing his mate Campbell down in the forwards"

What went right for us last year was the following kind of play:

Wells/Boomer to a tall forward, dropped mark, Campbell crumbs lays off to Thomas, snaps goal.

or Wells to Campbell snaps goal. may be little but he marks well.

wells is only a week off yeah now? if not back for the Brissie game

I miss Campbell so much, Thomas is absolutely rubbish without him.. something they commented on in this weeks game

"Thomas is obviously missing his mate Campbell down in the forwards"

What went right for us last year was the following kind of play:

Wells/Boomer to a tall forward, dropped mark, Campbell crumbs lays off to Thomas, snaps goal.

or Wells to Campbell snaps goal. may be little but he marks well.

wells is only a week off yeah now? if not back for the Brissie game

He is still out for at least another 2-3 weeks.

He went off with hamstring trouble didn't he? I wouldn't bother taking him to Adel next wk. His speed is crucial to our midfield next year. Last thing we need is him tearing a hammy next week.
Thought he was great today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #33: Matty Campbell - delisted at the end of the 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back