Past #33: Matty Campbell - delisted at the end of the 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope it's Matt Campbell the commentator!
1: Another leg/foot injury if true.
2: Very important player
3: I have him in dt and sc!!! **** **** ^*%^$
4: It's round 1 for crying out loud... GIVE US A BREAK.
5: Please let us come through unscathed on sunday, even if we lose. Which we wont!

Tarrant & Grima played for Werribee today so that's two of our 3 emergencies. I'd say Flash will be playing.

Ive heard of trying to con the opposition into thinking a player wont line up but getting an MRI only days from playing???

Either it wasnt him or theres no chance of him playing, surely not after having an MRI??

I just spoke to Matt Campbell briefly and he said he is out for 4 weeks. He was hobbling into Arden st on his crutches. Poor bloke can't take a trick

It was mentioned on the weekend in the NB gameday thread that it was a 2 week injury and 1 week for Black. If it is in deed a 4 week injury it's pretty bad for both Matty and the club. It would then take him at least 2 weeks to get any form and fitness to play seniors. And when in form, he is an important player as we know.

Definately 4 weeks. I thought 2 weeks as well.

These predictions are pretty rubbery. Jesse Smith was 6 weeks away for about 2 seasons and Riewoldt has so far gone from 4 weeks to 6 to 10 to 16 to ????.

The important thing with Matty will be to get it 1000% right before he comes back. His previous season was derailed by a recurring injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The important thing with Matty will be to get it 1000% right before he comes back. His previous season was derailed by a recurring injury.
The medical staff cop an absolute caning at our club so I dont we should have unrealistic expectations Mr R. I dont think he can get it more than 100% right. He can show 1000% improvement, but in this context, can only get the ankle 100% right (of course this is on the proviso that the ankle wasnt already injured prior to the latest injury- if so he can definitely get the ankle back to what it was prior to the latest injury, and then get it corrected further to a level to what it was prior to the original injury or injuries.)

Yes, I was the person who sent the SMS to SEN That they just read out regarding Matt telling me it was 4 weeks this morning..

Another Jesse smith perhaps???

Another Jesse smith perhaps???

Why would you say that? Jesse's original injury was a bad break with several pieces of the bone floating in the joint.

6 weeks in Matty's case would just mean a ligaments injury.

The coach stated that he dropped Matty due to an injury issue, so I figure he was probably gone before this VFL match.

They most likely tried him out with pain killers and when he didn't come up they put him in cotton wool.

The coach stated that he dropped Matty due to an injury issue, so I figure he was probably gone before this VFL match.

They most likely tried him out with pain killers and when he didn't come up they put him in cotton wool.

umm....

Campbell rolled his ankle while playing for the Kangaroos' VFL affiliate North Ballarat on Sunday.
"A Coburg player fell across my leg so I had his full weight bearing down on it as it rolled,” Campbell told the North Melbourne website.
“It happened at the first centre bounce of the second quarter, I got onto a loose ball going forward and changed direction as that player tackled me.
“We both went to ground and I felt my ankle go numb underneath me. I thought I had just copped a bad knock on it until I tried to put weight on it … that’s when it collapsed.”

Why would you say that? Jesse's original injury was a bad break with several pieces of the bone floating in the joint.

6 weeks in Matty's case would just mean a ligaments injury.

I was joking. No need to remind me about Jesse's injury. We all know what it was. It was a bit hard to use smilies when u are typing from an iphone. I just wanted to say what I had to say.

Anyway, it has been listed on the AFL website as 4-6 weeks, so when I was told by Matty this morning, he was probably giving me the best case scenario.

Maybe it's the injuries that have cruelled him, but Matt simply isn't good enough to be playing AFL at the moment.
A bloke of his diminutive stature needs to be winning the ball at ground level often by covering heaps of ground, like Boomer does, but Matt hardly gets to any contests and gets nowhere near enough possessions to be influential.
And when he does he goes to ground too easy. Today even his kicking was crap, on the odd occasion he got the pill.
His pace probably kept him in the side this week as we were playing at Subi, but he was rarely in a position to influence a contest today anyway (perhaps he just doesn't read the play well?), so his speed is a moot point. He was dire.
Surely must go back to the VFL...I have been critical of Thomas but he at least is clever enough to regularly put himself where the ball is...what happens then can be puzzling, but at least he is always thereabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #33: Matty Campbell - delisted at the end of the 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back