Past #34: Ben Davies - drafted w/ pick 96 - 2 games for NM in '08 - delisted at end of '08

Remove this Banner Ad

He has a great footy brain.

Time will tell what he's VFL club B&F is all about tomorrow night.
Good luck to him trying to find space against those feral cats.
Hope he can GO LONG (at goal) without wasting his limited chances kicking to the hot spots.

Hope he can GO LONG (at goal) without wasting his limited chances kicking to the hot spots.

Remember that pearler he slotted at full pace in the Intra Club game at Princes Park Woodson? THAT was exactly what you're hoping for and, whether or not we see it replicated tomorrow night, it showed what he's CAPABLE of!

T'toes

Remember that pearler he slotted at full pace in the Intra Club game at Princes Park Woodson? THAT was exactly what you're hoping for and, whether or not we see it replicated tomorrow night, it showed what he's CAPABLE of!

T'toes

Heck, it's only the Cats, what has he got to lose for not trying? One thing I don't really mind is seeing any of our guys having a ping from any angle/ distance if nobody presents.. it's far better to have a shot than just kick aimlessly to nobody in particular. We've got away with that on a few occassions this season but against teams like the Cats, Crows & Brions, just have to play more fiesty by playing HUNGRY. If someone is running past with a better angle, a quick handball can also be effective without needing to stop & prop waiting for the miracle open chance.

I said it at the start of the week, and no different to what the Bombers did after lucas went off in r1, just get the ball and GO LONG.. have a ping. Getting goals from 40m will be the tonic to rattling the Cats. (keep Scarlett DEEP you HEAR!!)

Good to see a bloke get a game because he has been working hard. He obviously deserves it. If only a few of our past draft selections had his work ethic then they might still be on a list somewhere.

first afl game in two years v geelong is tough, i thought he did all you could ask.

he's very popular with pies fans, not just because he tries so hard but because most of us reckon he's actually good player, not sure why he didnt make it here we've given more chances to less skilled players.

first afl game in two years v geelong is tough, i thought he did all you could ask.

he's very popular with pies fans, not just because he tries so hard but because most of us reckon he's actually good player, not sure why he didnt make it here we've given more chances to less skilled players.

Ditto fraser25, and I sure hope he gets to play against Freo next week.
I like his style and really want to see him get a good go at putting a few games together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was OK. He was ignored several times after making good position in the corridor. Maybe the other players need to get a bit more confidence in him.

Even if he's omitted next week he'll get another chance because he's willing to run into space.

I thought he was OK. He was ignored several times after making good position in the corridor. Maybe the other players need to get a bit more confidence in him.

Even if he's omitted next week he'll get another chance because he's willing to run into space.

His willingness is what I love and what the team needs.
Combined with the willingness of Riggio, Urqhart, Lower and Campbell a desire, urgency and enthusiasm to get the ball and keep it moving permeates throughout the entire team.
I never like to criticise players but in this case I would be devastated if Davies went out and Grant stayed in.

I think the forward line can work with Thompson. Keep the same structure, but instead of Hale and H in the forward line and Dish in the ruck put Dish down back, H in the ruck and Hale and Thommo Forward. The whole thing can be manipulated quite easily but keeping the same structure can be a good backup or even first option if it proves consistently efficient.

I note with interest the ex-wood is hanging in for a second game. I didn't see the game last week, how did he go? (11 possies)

He did well enough for his debut game for the club Somebody. He was one of the less prominent runners, possession wise, but certainly played his part in the overall midfield unit.

Many here just assumed that with Wells coming back in, Davies would be the one sent back to the VFL, which of course hasn't occured. I for one am very happy that he's survived the chop, as I think it sends the wrong message if he was cut after his one performance, on an occasion where we were lauded for our team's non stop never say die effort.

He slotted in well enough, and the fact was that he'd had 3 BOG performances in a row for Werribee and had definitely earnt his elevation into the lineup.

The competition for spots in his area has, and will increasingly be so, become much tighter with Riggio, Urquhart and Lower impressing (especially the first two) and with our injured stars returning one by one.

I wish the guy well.....

T'toes

He'd better do something this week.

I am not sure of the answer to my question, but how much game time did he have. A player in his debut game for the club getting 50% game time (as an exampe) and returning 11 possies might not be as bad as people think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #34: Ben Davies - drafted w/ pick 96 - 2 games for NM in '08 - delisted at end of '08

Remove this Banner Ad

Back