Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha and a fair call, I do though have but one question, can someone , anyone name one elite AFL trait he has.
Just, ya see Mutts , I'm fairly honest with my appraisal of our squad.

I wish he was a tenth as good as his old man, and tbh I feel if his name was Darren Durbridge, he'd playing footy in the suburbs.

That is all.
Dead Silence GIF by Studios 2016

He has the one thing we lacked for about 3 years up to the end of May this year - absolute desire.

Now the team seems to have it; because it’s contagious.

And that’s why a trait like that is invaluable in a footballer.

It’s what makes a very good footballer like Wardlaw next level, and an ok footballer like Archer capable of contributing so strongly to a team as he did today.
George has it. Chom has it. Arch has it. Xerri has it. We need a small forward who has it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will find that your comment is complete bollocks.
He is actually right though.
A Port Adelaide recruiter said if Archer was not a father son, he would not have got drafted.
He thought he Arch could make it as a pure backman - but was certain every club would pass on that type of player.
He was genuinely wrapped Archer got picked up and interested in his progress.

His best game by that far it’s not funny. He clamped Fritsch , but actually started proactively getting the pill. You can’t live in the modern game just being pure lockdown and nothing else.

He had one moment in the 2nd qtr where his reluctance to come off his opponent cost us a goal. That seemed to be a turning point for him.

He is actually right though.
A Port Adelaide recruiter said if Archer was not a father son, he would not have got drafted.
He thought he Arch could make it as a pure backman - but was certain every club would pass on that type of player.
He was genuinely wrapped Archer got picked up and interested in his progress.

Would not doubt that for one second.

Gave Fritsch the mother of all hidings.

He’ll be sleeping with the lights on tonight and probably phoning JHF, who does the same, so they can comfort each other.

Loving this kid’s fearless commitment to every contest.

He’s developing nicely in spite of the ridiculously negative opinions of the odd “fan”.

Keep it up Arch Jnr. 👊

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back