Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Long arms, low centre of gravity, shoulders a couple of axe handles across, his father's attitude & commitment....

Also gets under more experienced & celebrated opponents' skins, as shown by the bites he gets.

Win or lose, he goes again.

How many kg's of muscle does Arch Jnr need to be completely weaponised?

Hats off to our development mob?

Has there ever been a father son that plays more like their old man than Archer?
Whilst he has a long way to go to reach the lofty heights of Glenn, his life or death approach to every single contest will hold him in good stead, much like it did for his Dad.
Daicos isn’t far from a replica……just probably better.

Wow, did not see this coming at all, will put up my hand and say he was one I definitely did not think would make it, and may have gotten drafted off the back of his name more than anything else. If I recall during his draft year, seemed like an okay small/med defender who was decent at defensively but with limited to no offensive capability.

I feel like since being drafted, he has improved defensively and offensively at an incredible rate and really, he deserves all the credit for it as I'm sure he has worked his backside off. One play which I was really impressed about was early on in the 4th quarter, leading to Teakles' second goal, Powell's inboard kick to Kerch will be lauded and rightly so, but equally, Jackson makes a run into space which draws a Gold Coast player for a split second, which then gives McKercher just enough time for the ball to get to him.

Jackson's initiative and selflessness in wanting to continually run and create space that deep into the game, even without necessarily getting a possession is impressive, and I hope is shown to the group.

I think there is so much to take away from this game and the season so far. But the most important and exciting thing for me is we have managed to nail down 3 really important spots in our best 22. From not knowing what they were going to be really prior to this season, we have unearthed some serious long term players in Xerri, Chom, and Archer.

Daicos isn’t far from a replica……just probably better.

Daicos senior was a midfielder before he had a few injuries. But remember him streaming out of the centre being able to kick of either foot.

But Nick Daicos is another level - probably helps who his father is. And Josh is overshadowed by his brother, but looks like he is used to that and is his own guy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crowd was absolutely anticipating the closing speed spoil too.

You could hear 'Archer!' from all the supporters when he was getting close.

Fans love him! What a gem this kid is.

Surfers among us know the phrase, "Eddie would go!" to describe dangerous wave conditions that only the great Eddie Aikau would dare to ride. As I see the criticism of Dylan Stephens yesterday and in particular, his short steps at one contest and soft tackling attempts, it occurs to me that every player on our list is now being held to a higher standard. You put your body on the line and you go when it's your turn. Because Jacko would go.

Wonder if Sphynx still thinks he's not in the top 200 players in his draft class and only at the club because of his name lmao

I was calling him Arch, but now that he is making his own mark, is definitely Jacko going forward.
In a very similar vein, Jim Craig's boy became his own man, so too has young Jackson Archer! 1720347878287.png

Correct Bruce

God, that’s worth watching all the way through. “Tough name, Jackson Archer”, the kid wanting to stay out and play, and Brady out there, so great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back