Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Know it as fact mate. It's no surprise that he is still playing we have delayed a lot of surgeries over the years….Hell this year we have delayed surgery to Black, Delaney and Tarrant and thats just off the top of my head.

Blacks shoulder is so lose and painful that he is very hesitant to even tackle. You can't blame him for being hesitant as a subluxation is quite painful.

He was a good tackler last year too.

fix up his shoulder and fix his run up/kicking action. Seriously dont understand why he (or the coaches) changed his run up/kicking action. Looking back in 2013 he was very accurate.

Heard about black's dodgy shoulder from Petrie during his AFL podcast show when they were talking about ablett's shoulder injury.

Seems like Brad is doing the same thing with Black as he did with Lindsay , playing him through it and waiting for him to come through the other side . Time for a rethink Brad , right now we are in the 8 only because there isn't 8 decent teams out there

Seems like Brad is doing the same thing with Black as he did with Lindsay , playing him through it and waiting for him to come through the other side . Time for a rethink Brad , right now we are in the 8 only because there isn't 8 decent teams out there

Yeah, I think our win loss record flatters us.

It so happens it's a weak year with plenty of teams in 'rebuild'.

Makes it even more frustrating as if we could manage a moderate level of consistency, could be right in it.

Should also be noted that despite this news of injury from round 5, he was very ordinary up to then.

It is not just injury. He has other issues to address in addition.

Should also be noted that despite this news of injury from round 5, he was very ordinary up to then.

It is not just injury. He has other issues to address in addition.
Thought he injured his shoulder in the preseason? Not sure.

That may be the case. Would seem more likely actually.

Thought round 5 for some reason. Maybe that's when we going to do something about it. Who knows.

Think in the presser preseason was mentioned for sure.

Think in the presser preseason was mentioned for sure.

Fair enough, no worries.

In that case I think we have made a very bad call.

Could have had it fixed asap and be back for finals......instead we carry him and now can't get it fixed if want to be selected for finals (if we make it that is), and have had a passenger for most of our games this year which means he will likely be dropped anyway.

Fair enough, no worries.

In that case I think we have made a very bad call.

Could have had it fixed asap and be back for finals......instead we carry him and now can't get it fixed if want to be selected for finals (if we make it that is), and have had a passenger for most of our games this year which means he will likely be dropped anyway.
Only problem with that was that at the time Taz's recovery was an unknown Brown was an even more unknown, Daw was coming off a PCL reco and was super unfit and Wood was (and still is somewhat) an unknown. It hasn't worked out as we would have liked with Black, but neither has it with pretty much all the other forwards. Damn, Wood was unlucky to get injured when he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only problem with that was that at the time Taz's recovery was an unknown Brown was an even more unknown, Daw was coming off a PCL reco and was super unfit and Wood was (and still is somewhat) an unknown. It hasn't worked out as we would have liked with Black, but neither has it with pretty much all the other forwards. Damn, Wood was unlucky to get injured when he did.
Hammer. Nail. Head.

That is a fair enough summary of "why", but I don't believe in carrying players unfit. It has been a legacy under Scott's tenure to continue to select players who clearly aren't fit (despite his assertions to the contrary).

I know we may not have had a better fwd option to replace at the time, but for mine you restructure around your fit players and go from there. Not select injured players, cross fingers and hope for the best.

ps: yep, Wood was very unlucky. Although i'm not sure Scott rates him that highly yet otherwise surely he would have played already.

So if the injury is what we believe it is how long would've he spent on the sidelines?

It depends what needed doing, and the surgeon wouldn't fully know that without conducting an arthroscope (and probable debridement or clean out) to assess it fully. Anything from 8 weeks to the full year. Have a look at Patty Mills. He was deemed as having a rotator cuff injury and he's out for 7 months, having played with it throughout the NBA finals.

If Grima and Tippett are still injured try Black down back and have Petrie, Daw and Brown up forward. I reckon Black will benefit from running straight at the ball coz he has the turning circle of the Queen Mary.

If Black is injured, **** him off and get him right. If he needs surgery, knock the season on the head and get it done. The way he is playing a witches hat could cover for him, so its not like he is an out and out required player atm.

Im sick of the sight of him spudding it up every ******* week while we have a ready made replacement in Wood.

Gees if the GCS have elected to put the best player in the comp on ice for the rest of the season and maybe affect their chances of finals why cant North do the same with Black. He's nowhere near the player of Ablett and l'm sure we can cover him....

Gees if the GCS have elected to put the best player in the comp on ice for the rest of the season and maybe affect their chances of finals why cant North do the same with Black. He's nowhere near the player of Ablett and l'm sure we can cover him....

Worst thing is, we have Mason Wood waiting for a game. I know he was injured, but he isnt now and Black isnt going to help us to much atm

Clearly the biggest point of this situation is that with the question marks over Dish's longevity and Majak's capabilty, Black is easily the closest thing we have to an AFL standard forward for the future.
We need to get this guy ready for a strong 2015 preseason and assault on our premiership window.
He's been injured all season and should've had the surgery as early as possible, my faith in our medical team has plummeted this year.

17 disposals, seven marks and two goals. Where do you guys think he's at or do you think he is injured or just lacking confidence. Personally happy with his last two weeks, the effort is better than other weeks and l believe overall for most of the year has suffered from second year blues and l think he'll be the better player for it. Huge wraps for the guy and l think he'll make it as a player. Have at it my NM brethren.

He better have been playing with a injury for most of the year because if it wasn't then its light years beyond the '2nd year blues'.

Whist a bit better in the last couple of weeks or so for the most part he has been really poor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back