Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to put his ankles together and stop letting the ****ing thing go through his legs. Otherwise very happy with his game. After watching Wood play (on TV) yesterday I have no doubt we have the better player in the side atm. Don't disagree that he should have been blooded by this point though.

Played well but if he's under an injury cloud should be (should have been) rested, probably too late now as theres no time to have a rest AND get some consistency before finals.

I'll start with my views that he should have been dropped 2 months ago.

The thing is with black is that he can be a very dominant player but at the moment there's too many times he becomes completely invisible, and it's a big problem. Id love to see him get to more contests during those times, but he has been better the last two weeks allbeit against average opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was better today but those fumbles in the second quarter... whatever issues he has he just has to play through the rest of the season with them.

He was okay today definitely not great though. Should've been dropped long ago, probably too late to bring in Wood now.

Having said that it was arguably his best game all year.....which only proves what a crap year he's having. Still have big hopes for Black though.

Last edited:
he is getting plenty of attention from quality defenders and is having trouble getting rid of his man. He isn't missing those shots on goals, so I don't get what everyone is still going on about. And on the plus side, brown has shown to be a headache for defenders, so that will hopefully give black more space

he is getting plenty of attention from quality defenders and is having trouble getting rid of his man. He isn't missing those shots on goals, so I don't get what everyone is still going on about. And on the plus side, brown has shown to be a headache for defenders, so that will hopefully give black more space
He is actually one of my favourite players at North but I'm a realist and call it how I see it.
He is very very lucky to still be in the side. Scott has allowed him to play every game this year, and without doing too much research I think I can pretty confidently say he's been amongst the worst 4 or 5 players in at least half of the games he's played.

Yep. Dale Morris was put on him from the first bounce.

He is actually one of my favourite players at North but I'm a realist and call it how I see it.
He is very very lucky to still be in the side. Scott has allowed him to play every game this year, and without doing too much research I think I can pretty confidently say he's been amongst the worst 4 or 5 players in at least half of the games he's played.

I agree but the strange thing is, this surely applies to another 2 or three players right? Scott obviously has his theories/hopes on the teams development

Definitely got involved today which was great to see, as he does have a tendency to go missing in games, today he provided an option up the ground and hit the scoreboard. As mentioned, he obviously lacks confidence which was reiterated by his hesitation to have a crack at goal from 50, something he is definitely capable of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back