Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Happens every game in the heat of the moment, if this is your first time seeing a player go off their tree over something they thought a team mate should have done you're going to hate it now you'll be looking for it.

Black is very vocal on the footy field, you just have to watch the multiple times a game he leads clear of the square with no one around him and gets ignored so they kicker can take a 50m shot, he will give them a spray (deservedly) after it.

At least he speaks his mind when people do stupid things (i.e shots from 50 when the player can only kick 30m) too many in our team like to sit on their hands and coddle each other, if someone speaks up maybe those "mistakes" will be less likely to happen.

He hasn't even been that bad this year, Will still end up with 30+ for the season.

I went over the statistics a month or two ago and showed that his year this year was almost on par with last years (his "breakout" year), would need to revisit it and see what its like now. Think before he was down 2 pos a game, down .2 goals per game and up on tackles and defensive efforts by a small margin.

Lucky to still be best 22, but considering injuries to other key fwds he has snuck through. His stats might read ok but they don't tell the full picture, no question he has had a disappointing year.

We can't and won't trade him though as Petrie is one major injury away from retirement, and as per ^^ we are carrying injured talls so Black's improvement becomes even more important. He has plenty of natural talent to deliver on, but talent alone is not enough.

With Waite potentially coming over next year, along with Brown's impressive start to career (not including Petrie staying injury free and Wood's development), he would want a big preseason and start 2015 better than he has played this year to keep his spot - I'm backing him in to respond positively.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I'm sure Brown cried him self to sleep that night. Anyone who's played footy has probably been sprayed by a teammate, most of us by one of our best mates. It happens and you take it on the chin and try to do better next time.

And I'm sure Brown cried him self to sleep that night. Anyone who's played footy has probably been sprayed by a teammate, most of us by one of our best mates. It happens and you take it on the chin and try to do better next time.

Don't know about you but I don't like it when my mate sprays me on the chin.

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

My gosh. If it was up to you, Lindsay Thomas would be at another club after his yipps season and the name Hansen would be a distant memory

I don't agree with the OP and trading as in we pursue it, but it's far from as absurd as people are making out.

He/she saw some behavior that on the surface didn't impress, combined with his poor form, and made a call to trade - his value would still be pretty high based off last year.

If a team were to desperately want him, and we could get another gun mid using Black in a trade, I would consider it also. There is only a few players in our team that are untradeable - and I wouldn't have Black as one of them.

If a trade were to happen in future, it would need to be a very attractive deal our way - it is highly unlikely regardless.

I don't agree with the OP and trading as in we pursue it, but it's far from as absurd as people are making out.

He/she saw some behavior that on the surface didn't impress, combined with his poor form, and made a call to trade - his value would still be pretty high based off last year.

If a team were to desperately want him, and we could get another gun mid using Black in a trade, I would consider it also. There is only a few players in our team that are untradeable - and I wouldn't have Black as one of them.

If a trade were to happen in future, it would need to be a very attractive deal our way - it is highly unlikely regardless.
I acknowledge the post but the thread still started with the typical kneejerk rubbish we're known for. And trading Black in our situation, given people also want Daw out is foolish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back