Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't tape a shoulder if it's "perfectly fine".

He hasn't been in our bests and I won't blame the change of role and injury completely, but if you honestly think he hasn't been injured this season you're having a laugh.
bloke is a parasite of a footballer. absolute passenger.

Every single AFL player is injured. If you are fit enough to take the field, you are fit. He has no problems getting his arms above his shoulders, and he hasn't had the shoulder come out of the socket.

It's not his supposed train wreck of a shoulder that makes him have a turning circle the size of a semi.

It's not his near fatal shoulder injury that means he can't hold his body in a marking contest.

It's not his life threatening, coma inducing shoulder injury that makes him miss set shot after set shot.

His confidence has been shot. He is valuable in the sense he knows how to make space for Drew, but if someone tries to tell me you can't teach a Mason wood the exact same thing I will spew up.

And hey, if his shoulder was hanging on by a thread as is made out, isn't it surprising he wasn't managed through the year or even in the last round when we had the opportunity? Stop giving him an excuse.

He was one of only a very few north melbourne players who didn't improve this season. Cop it and move on and hope he works hard in the preseason.

Every single AFL player is injured. If you are fit enough to take the field, you are fit. He has no problems getting his arms above his shoulders, and he hasn't had the shoulder come out of the socket.

It's not his supposed train wreck of a shoulder that makes him have a turning circle the size of a semi.

It's not his near fatal shoulder injury that means he can't hold his body in a marking contest.

It's not his life threatening, coma inducing shoulder injury that makes him miss set shot after set shot.

His confidence has been shot. He is valuable in the sense he knows how to make space for Drew, but if someone tries to tell me you can't teach a Mason wood the exact same thing I will spew up.

As you are well aware some players can play through injury and others can't. Wells can't, Black is another that can't. You obviously don't understand what a sub-laxated shoulder is if you are suggesting his arm hasn't actually come out of its socket.

if you have dislocated a shoulder you would understand how much of an impact it has. Black hasn't touched a weight in the gym since MAY this year, because he is taking 4 days to get up for games. He has lost pretty much all his strength, which is why he is so shit in the marking contests.

Have a look at Adams and how much his shoulder injury has taken a toll on his footy. It impacts every facet of the game.

He should have been dropped mid season, he should have gone in for surgery right then and there.

As you are well aware some players can play through injury and others can't. Wells can't, Black is another that can't. You obviously don't understand what a sub-laxated shoulder is if you are suggesting his arm hasn't actually come out of its socket.

if you have dislocated a shoulder you would understand how much of an impact it has. Black hasn't touched a weight in the gym since MAY this year, because he is taking 4 days to get up for games. He has lost pretty much all his strength, which is why he is so shit in the marking contests.

Have a look at Adams and how much his shoulder injury has taken a toll on his footy. It impacts every facet of the game.

He should have been dropped mid season, he should have gone in for surgery right then and there.

Omg, this is too good.

Though I doubt you'll be able to know why.

If this is true it makes me even more disappointed in Scott for continually playing him over Wood.

Nobody will ever convince me that Wood shouldn't have played at least 5 or 6 games this year to see if he could offer more than Black.

Anyway, what's done is done. Hopefully Black can get back to 2013 form next year.

trust me. He is.

Saunders and the medico team wanted him to undergo a full shoulder reco in July, scott didn't want him to because of the injury list.

Black said he'd be right to play with the sub-luxed shoulder. Obviously he hasn't been. It's stupid of Scott, its stupid of Black. But to say he isn't injured, when he is struggling to lift his arms above his head is stupid of you. Its been blatantly obvious all year.

As soon as you cross the white line you have no excuses, he was pathetic tonight. If you don't mark the ball at least compete for it, one stage in the second he didn't even attack the ball and ziebell had to come in and show how it was done....

If he's injured he shouldn't be playing. Simple as that. If he puts his hand up for selection, don't throw the "oh, but he's injured" excuse around. He's putting himself before the team, if he truly is injured.

If he's injured he shouldn't be playing. Simple as that. If he puts his hand up for selection, don't throw the "oh, but he's injured" excuse around. He's putting himself before the team, if he truly is injured.

Not that simple. Do you think we still live in a world where the player has the only say? he's a young bloke whose just been given a big contract - if the coaches ask him to play he's going to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that simple. Do you think we still live in a world where the player has the only say? he's a young bloke whose just been given a big contract - if the coaches ask him to play he's going to.
He knows his own body, and I'm sure the coaches will listen to him if he says "look mate, my body is cooked".

Really poor year from a Black but no use getting rid of a young forward on the back of a disappointing year.

But I will definitely lose my shit if he continues to get games in front of players who show form in the VFL.

He starts next year with a clean slate and no credits. He needs to earn a game, instead of being gifted them.

Yeah he was borderline useless at most stages this year but with a healthy body and a pre season playing learning a new role that he's been forced to with the emergence of Brown, I'll back him in to have a much better 2015.

Sorry to invade guys but I came looking for a Black thread.

Went to the game last night as a neutral fan but supporting North as I have playing group connections there. I've gotta say he was very very disappointing last night if he was injured than yep fair enough but he needs to put on some muscle and hopefully the Kangaroos can find some serious competition for his place in he team because his place shouldn't be taken for granted week to week like it is

Sorry to invade guys but I came looking for a Black thread.

Went to the game last night as a neutral fan but supporting North as I have playing group connections there. I've gotta say he was very very disappointing last night if he was injured than yep fair enough but he needs to put on some muscle and hopefully the Kangaroos can find some serious competition for his place in he team because his place shouldn't be taken for granted week to week like it is
Yeah u are right mate. The thing that gets people on here worked up is he has some more than serious comp for his spot. Kids name is Mason wood. Had a few injuries during the year but was basically bog every week in the vfl, was leading the goal kicking till got injured and didn't make his afl debut till final round in which he kicked 3 on debut and clunked some good contested marks. Write that name down big fella you'll see a lot of him next year. He may even come second in the rising star award behind kayne turner.

I suspect Scott was encouraging/ forcing Black to play.
Black doesn't select the team. For some reason we were committed to playing him no matter what.
I believe Scott is obsessed with having 3 tall forwards no matter what.
We played a man down for most of the year because of this. Hopefully next year he will earn his spot and warrant selection.. The guy has talent .

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back