Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

What the **** was Black meant to do with all that shit delivery, all those lazy ******* mids letting the forwardline get swarmed and all that pressure which we didn't match.

I'm all for holding Black to account, he'll be on good money. But we bring him back after a few off into that morass of shit and sure enough I wander into BF to find the same old usual ******* suspects in the gun for a team performance that stemmed from poor onfield leadership and a midfield that needs it's arses ******* kicked.
rubbish black was rubbish all of last season with better delivery and more opportunity. he is horrendous and evidently you're not 'all for holding black to account' you're actually all for 'shielding him from criticism for his consistently pathetic performances'

He is an absolute liability and should be nowhere near the side. That point shouldn't even be contentious, there is no debate or defense. He isn't good enough and on last years form and this years he probably never will be. If we're a side that aspires to improve on last season, one easy improvement is to shelve Black permanently. He isn't an AFL footballer and we're wasting our time and the members money by playing him.

rubbish black was rubbish all of last season with better delivery and more opportunity. he is horrendous and evidently you're not 'all for holding black to account' you're actually all for 'shielding him from criticism for his consistently pathetic performances'

He is an absolute liability and should be nowhere near the side. That point shouldn't even be contentious, there is no debate or defense. He isn't good enough and on last years form and this years he probably never will be. If we're a side that aspires to improve on last season, one easy improvement is to shelve Black permanently. He isn't an AFL footballer and we're wasting our time and the members money by playing him.

Yep should be traded at seasons end for what ever we're offered.

Oh TIMES 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2

Exactly half our team had of-season operations Drew and Browny also funny how u never hear how hard and Smart Drew and Brown play after their operations and considering the bad kicking Into the forward line Brown kicked 3 and Drew still managed 2 why is that i wonder..
I cant even remember seeing Black did he actually play? I dont care if he didnt kick a goal or get 1 possesion as long as he gets involved..
Why not play with two forwards ffs or Maj in at least he has some form in the VFL..
Watever the reason he hasnt shown anything for a year and if he hasn't got over the injury and lost confidence Why Play Him?

Last edited:

Bad last night but good player. Shouldn't have been picked in hindsight as it seems the shoulder injury is still affecting him. Takes ages to regain full confidence after a shoulder reco ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No not all Black's fault of course not but what did B.S expect for him to miraculously find form in the seniors against Hawthorn when he hasnt found it in the two's..
Brad comes out and said many times "Black will play alot of games for us in 2015"
On what form has Brad made this statement? If he was knocking the door down in the VFL i could understand but don't u need form in the two's first?
In that case bring Harper in for a Token game...
If Black ever decided to go back to Perth he wont be playing seniors for Ross Lyon on current form he woudn't even be close to playing as would alot of our players...

Last edited:
I agree it is not all Black's fault that he played so poorly (again).
Our midfield has been rubbish most of this year.
But it's interesting how Brown can still get the job done and contribute, Black there are always excuses made and he is more experienced.
Fact is he is playing shit. Needs to stay in VFL until he proves why he deserves to put the jumper on.

I've been a massive AB supporter since from day dot but he was unacceptably lazy last night. Confidence is one thing but nothing can excuse a complete lack of effort. On several occasions i sat right behind him on ground level and watched him closely, letting others do the work on several static plays where we had the ball on wing / HF flank waiting for a leading forward option.

I'm heading down to Tassie this week and i don't expect to see him there. I'd long held on to a vision of Black becoming as good for us as Gunston but it really hit me last night..... that moment when you know you got it wrong.

If he's still got a shoulder complaint, it's nearing Garner levels of two-week-ism.

He doesn't. He's probably lacking touch and confidence, and definitely short of match fitness for a game v's the reigning premiers.

Play him as an on baller in the VFL to find some form and maybe even a new position. He seems to have good spatial awareness, like most of the ex basketballers. I think his skills are more suited to playing smaller. He seems to have lost some agility beefing up to play as a key forward, which he'll never be. Plus big midfielders seem to be in vogue.

Last edited:
He doesn't. He's probably lacking touch and confidence, and definitely short of match fitness for a game v's the reigning premiers.

He was underdone.

So it was likely known that Waite wouldn't get up.

We were already bringing JMac into the side off 3 weeks out.

I don't think that we are best utilising the resources we have because we want to get games into guys to get them back to form.

I think we conceded the loss before we started and it played out that way and look I am fine with it to a degree if it pays benefit later in the year.

However, paying tribute to the team of 75 deserved more than we showed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back