Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Daw and Wood.

(I'm not advocating trading him by the way, unless a team came to us with a healthy proposal)
I think the trade bait bonus has gone. Well get eff all for him this year.
And if he comes good next year then wed be stupid to let him go considering the retirements.

Agree ^^, which is why only a 'healthy' proposal would induce a trade.
I guess what we'd consider healthy given his best thus far though won't be the same as an likely offers, given his current form.

l reckon he knew he was just keeping the spot warm for Waite to return and played accordingly. If Waite cant play again this week then it has to be Majaks turn. Black needs to play in the Vfl for at least 4-6 weeks to regain the confidence and desire to want to play Afl football again.

He has gone backwards in alarming rate and i fear he will be on the Trade Table if he does not pull out the finger.
Not just that, but his value would be rock bottom of his form continues.

Far out. Aaron Black didn't suddenly become untalented. Have a good look at our entire squad, how they looked in their early years and then how they've tracked.

There's not many who have developed to expectations let alone exceeded them.

Black is a beauty (hey sounds like a good book title). His failings are symptomatic of entire list development and performance failings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far out. Aaron Black didn't suddenly become untalented. Have a good look at our entire squad, how they looked in their early years and then how they've tracked.

Black is a beauty (hey sounds like a good book title). His failings are symptomatic of entire list development and performance failings.
Your absolutely right.

This list has so many players who have only had one good year. The team hasnt improved at all in the last 2 years.

Making a prelim last year was solely due to a soft draw and 2 finals at home. If any of those finals would have been interstate we would have looked at a big loss.

I'd like to see the team find some mongrel even if it means a couple of suspensions, it would be worth it. Hawthorn knew they had easy games coming up so they could afford to cross the line for any future finals. They targeted the same players last year.

This is why Ziebell should be captain. We need a guy who wont stand for this shit.

Pretty simple. Was injured. Now stupidly out of form. And we're playing a game style where we bomb to the top of the square instead of working it in from the 50 arc where Black is now sat.

Ben is getting massive amounts of chances at it with it being put on his head every 5mins, and taking them. Aaron is playing poorly and we chip to 50 in the first quarter, he takes one shot from 50 and misses and then we just bomb it in instead.

They need to get him up the ground like they are with Mason, notice where Mason is getting his possies up fwd? Crumbing at the feet of the talls like Black did in 2013 or in the pockets to side.

Black has been putrid, but we're not exactly doing much to help with our game style.

Love your posting and the level headiness you bring to this forum of fortune.

I call carp and cop out to player development.

We do not allow a general malaise amongst our squad! Who takes ownership of the mighty Ben Brown. A 200cm giant who's quick, a ridiculously solid shot on goal and can mark over head. He's probably taken more marks that ****ing Sandilands has in his career. Add to that he went mid draft. Was a rhetorical question by the way. Benny has had to work hard and it's his hunger for success that's driven him to be best 22 in aside that's better than most.

Black is a soft **** lazy campaigner who should be shipped off as that shit oozes through a squad. Young guys unfortunately will gravitate to the lowest denominator. Make a ****ing stand and move guys like him on. All in my most humble opinion. Although in my line of work I do have a fair few under me, which is not only a concern , but a chat for another day.

We nee to draw a line in the sand, and Black for me is the starting point. How the **** he was selected against Hawthorn deserves a Royal commission.

Rant over :p

Love your posting and the level headiness you bring to this forum of fortune.

I call carp and cop out to player development.

We do not allow a general malaise amongst our squad! Who takes ownership of the mighty Ben Brown. A 200cm giant who's quick, a ridiculously solid shot on goal and can mark over head. He's probably taken more marks that ******* Sandilands has in his career. Add to that he went mid draft. Was a rhetorical question by the way. Benny has had to work hard and it's his hunger for success that's driven him to be best 22 in aside that's better than most.

Black is a soft **** lazy campaigner who should be shipped off as that shit oozes through a squad. Young guys unfortunately will gravitate to the lowest denominator. Make a ******* stand and move guys like him on. All in my most humble opinion. Although in my line of work I do have a fair few under me, which is not only a concern , but a chat for another day.

We nee to draw a line in the sand, and Black for me is the starting point. How the **** he was selected against Hawthorn deserves a Royal commission.

Rant over :p

i'm with KC on this one. Its not just Black whose development has been halted for one reason or another. He, along with Atley, Basti, Ziebell, Mckenzie, Harper and a few others have nowhere near reached their ceiling.

Black has the hunger and the drive, he is by no means lazy (unlike Basti and Atley, who never do extra sessions) but he has not coped well with the injury he sustained last year. All through last year I said he should have been dropped and the surgery been done before their was lasting damage done physically and mentally. I doubt there is physical damage because he is marking above his head again, but their is 100% mental scarring there because you can tell he is absolutely void of any confidence. In 2013 when he was kicking goals from everywhere you could see he had confidence, he was flying for marks and backing himself to get them low % shots on goal.

He shouldn't be in seniors calculations for a while, but him playing at Nth Ballarat with their putrid midfield (minus Dumont) isn't going to do him any favours.

i'm with KC on this one. Its not just Black whose development has been halted for one reason or another. He, along with Atley, Basti, Ziebell, Mckenzie, Harper and a few others have nowhere near reached their ceiling.

Black has the hunger and the drive, he is by no means lazy (unlike Basti and Atley, who never do extra sessions) but he has not coped well with the injury he sustained last year. All through last year I said he should have been dropped and the surgery been done before their was lasting damage done physically and mentally. I doubt there is physical damage because he is marking above his head again, but their is 100% mental scarring there because you can tell he is absolutely void of any confidence. In 2013 when he was kicking goals from everywhere you could see he had confidence, he was flying for marks and backing himself to get them low % shots on goal.

He shouldn't be in seniors calculations for a while, but him playing at Nth Ballarat with their putrid midfield (minus Dumont) isn't going to do him any favours.

Firstly I've no issues with disagreements regarding our club. Just wish those that are wrong would put up their hand:p

Seriously those guys you listed pretty much covers my up for trade/ delist at seasons end . That's not allowing for any emotional adjustments I may make between now and say a loss to Melbourne.

What if those you've listed aren't actually that good and we've got as much out of them as possible? It would be a hard argument to say otherwise.

LT- we've developed him into one of the best small fwds in the comp.

Benny Brown- one of the best up and coming KP fwds in the comp.

Goldie- best ruck in the comp.

Tiny Turner- best under age shouldn't be playing AFL due to my size players in the comp.

Trent Dumont- plays five minutes and we win :)

Mason Wood- looks physically like an AFL footballer, held him back , eased him in and we're all happy.

I know this is totally subjective, and maybe some from A and B, but it's about ****en time these soft ***** got serious and really decided if they want success. If not fine and **** off.

How is North Melb. helping the confidence situation. I know, lets stick him DEEP FORWARD in a VFL side that is getting their pants pulled down every week. How about then after 2 weeks of VFL we'll play him in the AFL against the reigning premiers. THEN we'll drop him back to the VFL where he can sit in DEEP FORWARD AGAIN and not get near the ball AGAIN. They want to instigate confidence? How about putting him on the wing and letting him run and FIND the ball. Actually getting possessions instills confidence and form. He doesn't need to run the Roos lines in the VFL, he needs to get his hands on the footy.

How is North Melb. helping the confidence situation. I know, lets stick him DEEP FORWARD in a VFL side that is getting their pants pulled down every week. How about then after 2 weeks of VFL we'll play him in the AFL against the reigning premiers. THEN we'll drop him back to the VFL where he can sit in DEEP FORWARD AGAIN and not get near the ball AGAIN. They want to instigate confidence? How about putting him on the wing and letting him run and FIND the ball. Actually getting possessions instills confidence and form. He doesn't need to run the Roos lines in the VFL, he needs to get his hands on the footy.

it'd be nice if we had our own VFL side!

So when LT gets dropped to the magoos a couple years ago, kicks bags of goals and gets back in.

Black goes back and does SFA. I don't doubt we need our own side and next year we'll be faced with a decision to make. Bullies have taken over ballarat and we'll be ****ing off.

We can't fit all our guys into Werribee, probably one of the biggest choices we've faced in a while.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back