Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf is going on down there.

If he was ******* bed ridden he should not have played that Prelim.
Yep i remember the board wanting Wood in as many believed Black was injured and a liability.

In one dead rubber against a bottom 4 team going through the motions. Come on man, sometimes it's like you're not even trying. Are you seriously trying to say that on exposed form Wood > Black? I'm as impatient as anyone here to see what he can deliver given a decent run, but please.

Anyway, this shit's not even hard to look up. In his last 5[1] H&A games Black had 5.5 and 7 goal assists. That's more assists than goals and decent for a hit-up forward. Wood in one game had 3.1 and zero assists (though AFLTables may be wrong. Thought I remembered at least 1).

[1]Yeah, I chose 5 games instead of 4 because it props up my argument better. At least I admit it when I cherry-pick.

Why don't you respond to my post if you wish to, rather than responding to a statement that I never made and doesn't exist.

I said I would play both. I said they are both in my preferred 22 and that opposition sides would struggle to come up with defenders to cover both.

Yes it was a dead rubber, but Black had games against equally poor opposition and did SFA.

I have never bagged Black nor said Wood was better, I have Wood replacing one of our plodding outside or defensive utility types as you well know.

Why don't you respond to my post if you wish to, rather than responding to a statement that I never made and doesn't exist.

Well, you did directly compare their output :)

I said I would play both. I said they are both in my preferred 22 and that opposition sides would struggle to come up with defenders to cover both.

Yes it was a dead rubber, but Black had games against equally poor opposition and did SFA.

I have never bagged Black nor said Wood was better, I have Wood replacing one of our plodding outside or defensive utility types as you well know.

I'm glad we're in furious agreement then. If they're both up and about it will cause enormous matchup headaches that I'm looking forward to seeing.

I do think the numbers suggest Black's output picked up once Brown came in and straightened out the forward setup. Still below expectations, but better. I also suspect he got some clarity in his role and adjusted to doing things further up the ground that were less likely to expose what he was doing badly with his shoulder troubles.

God I'm ready for offseason to be over.

Agree Entirely. Reading this shit jacks me off because it's piss poor player management by the club. We selected a bloke who was clearly not right to play and was ultimately a liability to the team. Sure, he wasn't the reason we got flogged by 12 goals, but we couldn't afford to have any weak links out there. We needed 22 fit blokes if we were going to be any chance.
I just don't understand why we sent him out there when it was known he wasn't right.

Reading this sort of stuff pisses me off too. This is not the 1990's the game has evolved and Aaron Black is not Wayne Carey. Frustrating.

Will be great to see Black Waite Petrie in the Fwd line.Im not sure how we are going to fit them all in so they will all have to play well to keep there spot.Then with Adams Higgins Thomas and Wood as well good luck getting a game boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seriously what the hell has happened to him, in 18 months he has gone from one of our brightest stars to a list clogger.

First game in over 7 months after a shoulder reco and let's throw the book at him. How can any forward play well with those loopy, long bomb shit forward 50 entries? Shits me to no end that the same whipping boys take the flack for a whole team.

First game in over 7 months after a shoulder reco and let's throw the book at him. How can any forward play well with those loopy, long bomb shit forward 50 entries? Shits me to no end that the same whipping boys take the flack for a whole team.

no doubt the entries have been shit tonight…but his confidence, his work rate and intensity have completely gone.

Agreed. Wasn't the right game to bring him back.

Don't know who's responsible for thread titles but the current one for this thread is a shocker.

Someone who has set up the whipping post early. Pathetic whoever did it.

Everyone will get by hanging shit on Black this week as an excuse as to why we lost and conveniently gloss over the fact half our team was putrid.

Said it before the game, he shouldn't have played tonight. Not ready.

Daw would have been a more logical inclusion to play Waites role.
Do we play them again this year? I saw we Bring Daw in as an Enforcer... knock a few of those pricks about

Do we play them again this year? I saw we Bring Daw in as an Enforcer... knock a few of those pricks about
Daw should have been the emergency this week. Baffling that he wasn't.

We would have been better with an extra mid in Dumont with the shit we served up i50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #35: Aaron Black - 50 NM games - 64 goals - traded to Geelong for pick 92 in '16 trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back